Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mythology junkies, Ma' at as a balance spell?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Okay, so for the next Balance spell.
Obviously Balance is based a lot on Egyptian mythology. I understand that Ra is a very well known "person", but what about Ma'at?!?!?! The very personification of balance and order?!?!?! I understand that Ra is far more publicized and know than Ma'at, but Ma'at... she's just too awesome to leave out... I just think that she should be brought in as one of the next spells. There are a lot of reasons for this too. Ma'at was considered the ruler of literally everything in Egyptian culture. Even Ra had to obey her, or the world world would fall into chaos. I honestly think that with a bit of back story, this could be brought into the game. If it were me creating the spell, her stats would be as follows:
300 Balance damage+ 100 Fire Ice or Storm damage + 100 Death Life or Myth damage... Yes this is crazy, but think about it. It can always be changed. It's not a ridiculous amount either, like it may seem at first glance. It really just gets you 500 base damage.

Okay I know, it's a little over the top. What can I say, I'm a dreamer. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to post them. If anyone thinks this is just silly, feel free to post it.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
sorry to burst your bubble Ma'at isn't the ruler of everything. What I think I would want would be Anubis or Bastet. I <3 kitties!

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Yeah he would rock, but I could see him as more of a Death spell :D

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
But balance has a spirit blade yet no spirit attacks. it is about time you guys have something like Anubis to make up for that, as a balance spell using death as your strike.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
But balance has a spirit blade yet no spirit attacks. it is about time you guys have something like Anubis to make up for that, as a balance spell using death as your strike.

The only problem would be that he only covers death. Ma'at could do all three :D

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
What rank would this be? And why not just do balance and spirit damage? Balance doesn't really have any spell that casts spirit damage? And I looked up Ma'at and she looks awesome, and would work perfectly. Considering she is justice personified.

Thomas Swiftthistle, Legendary Ice

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
sunsword44 wrote:
Obviously Balance is based a lot on Egyptian mythology. I understand that Ra is a very well known "person", but what about Ma'at?!?!?! The very personification of balance and order?!?!?! I understand that Ra is far more publicized and know than Ma'at, but Ma'at... she's just too awesome to leave out... I just think that she should be brought in as one of the next spells. There are a lot of reasons for this too. Ma'at was considered the ruler of literally everything in Egyptian culture. Even Ra had to obey her, or the world world would fall into chaos. I honestly think that with a bit of back story, this could be brought into the game. If it were me creating the spell, her stats would be as follows:
300 Balance damage+ 100 Fire Ice or Storm damage + 100 Death Life or Myth damage... Yes this is crazy, but think about it. It can always be changed. It's not a ridiculous amount either, like it may seem at first glance. It really just gets you 500 base damage.

Okay I know, it's a little over the top. What can I say, I'm a dreamer. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to post them. If anyone thinks this is just silly, feel free to post it.

Judgement is already based on Ma'at. If they were to add another Egyptian god to Balance, it would probably be Anubis. Don't get me wrong, I quite like Egyptian mythology, but I don't think that kingsisle will be adding anymore gods to the game anytime soon.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
eioofh wrote:
What rank would this be? And why not just do balance and spirit damage? Balance doesn't really have any spell that casts spirit damage? And I looked up Ma'at and she looks awesome, and would work perfectly. Considering she is justice personified.

Thomas Swiftthistle, Legendary Ice

Was thinking rank 10 or something, but like I said it's a crazy idea that probably won't get used

Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
I just did some research and it said that Ra is Ma'at's father. It also said her role in Egyptian mythology was measuring souls in Duat to see if they would make to the afterlife.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
dolor456 wrote:
I just did some research and it said that Ra is Ma'at's father. It also said her role in Egyptian mythology was measuring souls in Duat to see if they would make to the afterlife.

Where exactly did you look?!?! Lol I've been reading up on this stuff for years. Never hear that one.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
cat12ninja wrote:
sorry to burst your bubble Ma'at isn't the ruler of everything. What I think I would want would be Anubis or Bastet. I <3 kitties!

No it doesn't burst my bubble, and what mythology where you reading?
(No I'm not saying your wrong I just don't believe you with no founded proof)

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
we need Apuis or how every you spell his name he is the leader of the Gods in Egyptian Mythology

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
cooladdy wrote:
we need Apuis or how every you spell his name he is the leader of the Gods in Egyptian Mythology

Anubis?
(He was like Hades for the Greeks though I think(I think))

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
sunsword44 wrote:
cooladdy wrote:

Anubis?
(He was like Hades for the Greeks though I think(I think))

Apuis is a bull he is the main Egyptian God

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
If there was gonna be another spell based on this, the most likely would be Anubis. Yet, I think it would be cool to see the Eye of Horus.

But Ma'at is pretty much the animation in the Judgement spell. So, no. The next Balance spell should be single target, considering the fact that Ra and Power Nova is all target.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
K I'm pretty much gonna quit on this thread. Last thing, the idea was for it to be a one target spell, everyone has read different versions of the mythology (so no one is right or wrong), and thanks for all the input.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
sunsword44 wrote:

do a google search for pictures of Ma ' at. she looks like the lady judgement.

don't take my word for it.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
:-o I did some research and I think Ma'at would be sooo perfect!

The egyptian concept of truth, balance, order, law, mortality AND justice! She even continuosly prevented the world from turning to chaos. Also, how do we know for sure that judement is already based on Ma'at? Shey look somewhat alike although not completely.

Gabrielle DarkHeart

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
I would like to see Nephthys as a death spell (goddess of death, decay, and the unseen). Believe me I know all about her. I did a research report on her for school :)

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
kiania wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:

do a google search for pictures of Ma ' at. she looks like the lady judgement.

don't take my word for it.

I know she does, but so do a lot of other Egyptian people/gods.