Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What can I do with my 'extra' pets?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
Greetings!

Just started Pet Hatching, as I really want a pet that has Dragonblade... but also all of the cool Death talents. :-) So trying to mix my Ianthe Spectre and a Spiritual Dragon.

Anyways, my first mix failed - I got a Ianthe Spectre as the child. So my question is, what can I do with the offspring? I don't need another Ianthe Spectre. Can I give him away? Sell him? Turn him into pet food? Anything useful?

Thanks for the help!

Administrator
Since items can't be traded, and we certainly do not want you to turn your pet into food, I suggest you place him in your dorm or house!

Once you place him there (just like you place furniture) he will interact with you when you use certain emotes, and he will run up to you when you get close to him.

Alternately - items that cannot be sold at the Bazaar can be sold for gold at regular vendors throughout the Spiral.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Feb 25, 2010
My suggestion would be to get get him to adult then hatch him with another pet. After a while you're sure to get something interesting.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
kakitadaiymo wrote:
Greetings!

Just started Pet Hatching, as I really want a pet that has Dragonblade... but also all of the cool Death talents. :-) So trying to mix my Ianthe Spectre and a Spiritual Dragon.

Anyways, my first mix failed - I got a Ianthe Spectre as the child. So my question is, what can I do with the offspring? I don't need another Ianthe Spectre. Can I give him away? Sell him? Turn him into pet food? Anything useful?

Thanks for the help!

Just because you get a duplicate - it doesn't mean it is a total fail. Depending on what you mixed with, your pedigree number can go up or down. If it has gone up, you can train that to at least adult and then use that as your new hatching pet. Also, it has already inherited some of the dragon talents - so you can see what manifests by adulthood.

Of hand, I don't think you can get a hybrid from a spectre. So between the 2 you'll get a dupe dragon with the combined talents, or a dupe spectre with combined talents.

Hope you get a dupe dragon. Use this new dragon (already has some death from the first time) and hatch it with the original spectre (all death talents).

If you want a pet with the dragonblade (using your spiritual dragon) you can also try hatching it with a jellyfish - know anyone with it? If you are super lucky, you may get a dragon that is also spritely and gives a plague card. The jellyfish has great death talents too.

As for any extra pets that you know you will not use, you can sell them at the pet places in WC shopping area or pet pavillion.

Good luck!

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I take my same pets and give them to the other wizards on my account. My life wizard has a storm mander and I've mixed it with different pets. I have two or three manders that are with my different wizards (especially my storm ). I did the same with my heckhound and dragon. The only thing is it will use up all your pet energy so do what I do, do it right before you are going to log off.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Since items can't be traded, and we certainly do not want you to turn your pet into food, I suggest you place him in your dorm or house!

DARN! Ianthe Specture Soup would taste so good! XD Well, thanks for the info professor greyrose! Cya 'round the spiral!

Chase Nightbreath, Magus Level 35 PYROMANCER