Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea to Settle the Low Levels in Cl

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 01, 2010
ok, so i thought since this is mostly in cl (or at least the recent complaints) i would post it here. so here it goes.

whenever a person who tries to port into cl (unless he has the spiral key) the person he is porting to gets a message, only if he is in battle, it will go something like this.

Would you want ________ level __ to teleport to you and help you in battle?
yes no

and then, if you click yes, he ports to you, if you click no, he gets sent to the commons instead. then after the battle, he is sent to the commons

and then, if they try to port when outside of battle, the lower lvl is sent to the commons.

i was thinking that so they still can get a taste of cl, but not be wandering in the streets and or wasting your traps.

and then, if another persons lower lvl friend tries to port, the yes has to be unaminous(exuse the spelling if wrong) for him/her to help.

this is a solution to the threads about "noobs wasting my traps" "noobs getting me killed" etc. etc.

but, for the threads about just lower levels in cl stuff, (most noteable the final straw one) they are pointless really.

so plz reply and tell me what you think about the idea, any changes, i am open for suggestions.

Scot Soulhammer- legendary pyromancer
if used correctly, fir can consume any oppoment

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Porting to another player in a battle could definitely cause unwanted problems.
Seems reasonable to me, unless it's hard to implement.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
I just have three letters for your idea.......

y - e - s

Brian Stormhuter, Legendary Diviner

Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
I would say that is a good idea but its very complicated.The simipleist way to stop getting low levels to stop porting to you is.....

-Do *NOT* friend low levels
-Turn *OFF* your ports*

If you do that then you shouldn't have a problem.

Devin Rainbringer lvl58 necromancer

Survivor
May 03, 2010
I agree ALMOST 100%
I would like to add some of my ideas
There should be extra 'stots' In the worlds MS, DS, CL, and late grizzleheim.
I am thinking about maybe adding a lvl 15 under slot to MS battles
And in DS, late GH, and in CL, Adding a lvl 25 under slot
Battles would go like this
Sun- Firblades himself
Eye- Heals sun
Star- Casts storm lord
Moon- Wands one of the enemies
So far it seems like a normal battle
But wait
After that the level 15-25 slot ( bird I guess ) Has his/her turn
Then the person in the 0-15 ( Cloud maybe ) slot gets a go
if you are in bird or cloud you
Cant use another player's traps
Also the thing about having to accept friend teleports would be good

Lucas Ghostflame lvl 60 necromancer
Badge Savior of Celestia ( JK )

Historian
May 01, 2010
demicah12 wrote:
I would say that is a good idea but its very complicated.The simipleist way to stop getting low levels to stop porting to you is.....

-Do *NOT* friend low levels
-Turn *OFF* your ports*

If you do that then you shouldn't have a problem.

Devin Rainbringer lvl58 necromancer

well yea, thats what YOU can do. you cant make others turn off ports, right? you cant make others not friend lower lvls, right?
others can do what they want, its the same thing like this. a tiny pebble cannot stop a full stream, one person cannot stop lower levels coming into cl, this way, you can limit the lower levels into cl, without downright banning them from it.

sry if that came out a little rude...

if used correctly, fire can consume any oppoment

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Believe it or not, but my friend is only a Level 37 and he is on the Crucible. Yes it might not be true but he used the Menu Chat to prove it. This idea is well but if you want to be really Epic I suggest this should not be a good idea.

(Sorry if this is a little offensive and rude)

Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
Believe it or not, but my friend is only a Level 37 and he is on the Crucible. Yes it might not be true but he used the Menu Chat to prove it. This idea is well but if you want to be really Epic I suggest this should not be a good idea.

(Sorry if this is a little offensive and rude)

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
ok, so i thought since this is mostly in cl (or at least the recent complaints) i would post it here. so here it goes.

whenever a person who tries to port into cl (unless he has the spiral key) the person he is porting to gets a message, only if he is in battle, it will go something like this.

Would you want ________ level __ to teleport to you and help you in battle?
yes no

and then, if you click yes, he ports to you, if you click no, he gets sent to the commons instead. then after the battle, he is sent to the commons

and then, if they try to port when outside of battle, the lower lvl is sent to the commons.

i was thinking that so they still can get a taste of cl, but not be wandering in the streets and or wasting your traps.

and then, if another persons lower lvl friend tries to port, the yes has to be unaminous(exuse the spelling if wrong) for him/her to help.

this is a solution to the threads about "noobs wasting my traps" "noobs getting me killed" etc. etc.

but, for the threads about just lower levels in cl stuff, (most noteable the final straw one) they are pointless really.

so plz reply and tell me what you think about the idea, any changes, i am open for suggestions.

if used correctly, fir can consume any oppoment

I agree 100%. I am sick of low levels walking into my battle and causing me to have to deal with another enemy, when the low level can't help at all. It becomes a 3-1.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
Sounds like a good idea, I have resorted to turning off my port but it gets annoying when my other high lvl friends want to port and i have to keep turning it on and off.

Autumn ShadowStone- Legendary Death
Amber MoonFlower-Legendary Life
Samantha StormBlood- Legendary Storm

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Hi. I think keeping newbies fromteleportingto friends is rude. Let them be curious. I am level 36 and people still call me (Slang term for) newbies. Newbies are levels 1 to 10.

Thank you for your time.
Chase Nightbreath,Level 36 Pyromancer

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Increased threat on the low levels. The one thing I've noticed when fighting and people getting irritated at them is that the enemies never attack the person everyone wants to leave.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
I agree 50% and disagree 50%

The yes no port thing is good for when you're in battles, actually I think it should be for all levels to avoid any unwanted teleporting from anyone. But also if you're in a rush or hurry or have lots of friends it might get a little annoying if you have to click yes/no while trying to battle. A couple questions as well, what happens if 4 people are already fighting? Do your friends just get sent to the commons? And what message are they supposed to recieve when you don't want them to help, sorry so and so doesn't want/need your help right now? Seems a bit mean.

I disagree with the only being able to port if you're in a battle, its not really fair to your friends who can't hang out with you or follow you on your quests if you're in different worlds. With all fo these worlds you can only stay in the commons unless you port to a friend or have unlocked the areas yourself. There's nothing wrong with letting lower levels hang around the 'commons' of a world.

Questions

Why just put restrictions on the lower levels? Shouldn't they be allowed to say if they want us porting to them or not?
What's the big deal? We were all lower levels at one point and if one comes in and messes you up just go back out there and try it again. Turn the other cheek don't go complaining about noobs ruining everything for you. I'm sure a lot of people out there have ruined things for other people as well.
What would the level limit be to qualify as noob? Is it just if they haven't unlocked the world they would need to do this or are you suggesting a restriction like 30 and under or 40 and under?
What about the people who know what they're doing? I have a level 35 storm, i understand the rules of combat just fine (considering i have a couple legendaries) and people often ask me for help regardless of which wizard I'm on. How is it fair to restrict things for those wizards who aren't a nuisance but actually a help? Most legendaries and grandmasters are taking a small group of the lower levels and thinking that all of them are exactly like that. Let's say you're a legendary fighting in CL, you're dying and this level 31 life wizard is the only person near. They jump into your battle because you ask for help and they heal you and save the battle for you, I know this has happened to me before. So now take this life wizard out of the equation because they're not allowed to be there anymore, you'd die and you'd get the same result that most wizards claim only happens when 'noobs' jump into their battles.

I just don't think its fair that everyone complains so much about lower levels in higher leveled worlds, if they die in a battle you don't have to heal them, don't have to save them when they're in trouble the only thing that happens when they join a battle is you get another enemy and if you're a good wizard you can beat that one enemy 9 outta 10 times.

I'm sorry if I came across as rude, I just don't think its fair to put restrictions on people who just want to play the game.

From your fellow wizard, just trying to keep the worlds safe from darkness

Historian
May 01, 2010
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
Hi. I think keeping newbies fromteleportingto friends is rude. Let them be curious. I am level 36 and people still call me (Slang term for) newbies. Newbies are levels 1 to 10.

Thank you for your time.
Chase Nightbreath,Level 36 Pyromancer

listen, i am not saying that they CANT port, its just the friend the person is wanting to teleport has a choice, and if they want to chat, they can port to the lower lvl. also, they can be curious, people who dont have the key arent running around in the streets, but they still can wonder around the commons (just like the gh preview) also, i dont really like when people put others into categories (even though they might be new, you never know if they had more characters.

also, angelocean, if this system is put in place, there wont be a person thats unwanted (if they have the cl key then they can be some help) and you can see the things about him-school, lvl, name, chat(menu text open)

Historian
May 01, 2010
RedWolff wrote:
I agree 50% and disagree 50%

The yes no port thing is good for when you're in battles, actually I think it should be for all levels to avoid any unwanted teleporting from anyone. But also if you're in a rush or hurry or have lots of friends it might get a little annoying if you have to click yes/no while trying to battle. A couple questions as well, what happens if 4 people are already fighting? Do your friends just get sent to the commons? And what message are they supposed to recieve when you don't want them to help, sorry so and so doesn't want/need your help right now? Seems a bit mean.

I disagree with the only being able to port if you're in a battle, its not really fair to your friends who can't hang out with you or follow you on your quests if you're in different worlds. With all fo these worlds you can only stay in the commons unless you port to a friend or have unlocked the areas yourself. There's nothing wrong with letting lower levels hang around the 'commons' of a world.

Questions

Why just put restrictions on the lower levels? Shouldn't they be allowed to say if they want us porting to them or not?
What's the big deal? We were all lower levels at one point and if one comes in and messes you up just go back out there and try it again. Turn the other cheek don't go complaining about noobs ruining everything for you. I'm sure a lot of people out there have ruined things for other people as well.
What would the level limit be to qualify as noob? Is it just if they haven't unlocked the world they would need to do this or are you suggesting a restriction like 30 and under or 40 and under?
What about the people who know what they're doing? I have a level 35 storm, i understand the rules of combat just fine (considering i have a couple legendaries) and people often ask me for help regardless of which wizard I'm on. How is it fair to restrict things for those wizards who aren't a nuisance but actually a help? Most legendaries and grandmasters are taking a small group of the lower levels and thinking that all of them are exactly like that. Let's say you're a legendary fighting in CL, you're dying and this level 31 life wizard is the only person near. They jump into your battle because you ask for help and they heal you and save the battle for you, I know this has happened to me before. So now take this life wizard out of the equation because they're not allowed to be there anymore, you'd die and you'd get the same result that most wizards claim only happens when 'noobs' jump into their battles.

I just don't think its fair that everyone complains so much about lower levels in higher leveled worlds, if they die in a battle you don't have to heal them, don't have to save them when they're in trouble the only thing that happens when they join a battle is you get another enemy and if you're a good wizard you can beat that one enemy 9 outta 10 times.

I'm sorry if I came across as rude, I just don't think its fair to put restrictions on people who just want to play the game.

From your fellow wizard, just trying to keep the worlds safe from darkness

ok first thing this goes for all of you people thinking of posting for this,

if you have good ideas, a different view, i dont really care HOW you post i just care that i know where you are coming from what you mean, so to me, you cant really be rude, i look just over that and look at the meaning.

but yea good point redwolff, i never thought of how the the message to the people who was porting would get, and also i think i said in my original post this applies to everyone who doesnt have the key.

and also thanks to you, i am starting to see the other side of my idea, i am liking it less and less everytime i read your post.

ok so people who are complaining this is what you SHOULD do, you are bringing this mess on yourself, this is what you can do, you go to mortis (in nightside and get your schools spell that makes you take less damage (soothe pacify calm etc.) and you can also go to tupa tupa? in the floating land and get the mega sooth mega pacify mega calm etc. keep one or two in your deck just in case this happens to you, the monsters shold start attacking the person.

once again, thank you redwolff