Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Strikes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Criticals had been unbalancing PvP
first of all people stack up on high ratings so they can deal twice as much damage all the time.
the only defense is the blocking gear and conviction
2 problems with that
1. I speak for those low levels No blocking items for 49 and below
2. Conviction is for PvP sergeants and some people don't have the wits and skill to reach the rank or even participate
I dont want criticals banned or anything i just think that its been a little unbalanced. I seen stormwizards stack up to idk 180 rating.

My solution if to buff percentages on the legendary gear and low critical percents on all the gear just for arena
Chris Emeraldfinder level 60 ice.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Critical is big today, and many players use it as an advantage. Conviction is simple to get. Win 5 or 6 times a *boom* there you go. Conviction is in your spell deck. But many players are privates, over half the the participating in PvP. KingsIsle will not block it. I don't speak for them, but would they actually ban Critical and Critical Block from PvP? No! If you don't like critical hits in PvP, don't! Change your gear to get the highest block ever, PvP with a higher rank and win some matches to get to Sergent. It's not that hard you know. :)

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
I always use conviction in hopes that it may someday work against critical, but it has not worked for me once in using it (blocking critical).

As far as criticals go in general; I found myself wondering why they were put into the game in the first place.

To make it more interesting? To shorten the matches? With the introduction of gargantuan and others in conjuction with criticals matches can be over in 3 turns. Wild bolt doesnt matter anymore- everyone can have a wild bolt type damage with a spell from their school. A scorpion that does 1000 damage?!? Come on.

What this has turned into is who is going first. If you go first 8/10 you will win.

KI do you really want the additions to make things interesting and enhance the PVP feature of this game? Raise the health bar for all the schools. Lets us truly develop applicable skills instead of feeling like we are playing slot machines. You have put too much work into this for it to turn out as it is.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Shoot, I would love it if critical ever worked for me. When I had critical attack rating at 60, all of my critical hits would be blocked, even by gear with 30 block. :/

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Critical strikes has not been a huge change for me, but it has cost me more than a few pvp battles. Think of this, Balance - Feint, Feint, Hex, then they blade and Judge, game over. Death, Feint, Feint, Blade, blade and skeleton dragon and game over. These are just two of the battles that I have lost lately. A critical on either of those would not have made much difference.
So now I shield, shield and shield to start with, it's the only way I can live past the first five rounds.

Joseph Lionhunter.
Ice Level 60
Balance Level 60
Death and storm are on the way up.