Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which Astral School?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 04, 2010
I have completed DS and I'm nearly at Celestia. I have 2 Training Points saved up and I'm getting more later. I was wondering which Astral School I should train on when I get there. Here is some info:

-I'm a Level 47 Balance Wizard
-I do not want the Sun School; I find it useless
-I am more attracted to the Star School, but I believe the Moon School is useful
-I want it to help a lot at an early level

If you can tell me which one is most useful, Moon or Star, it would help me with Celestia. Thanks!

Survivor
May 19, 2009
I am still only a Master, but I have been to Celestia many times, and from my PvP experience against legendaries I strongly believe the Moon School is better than the Star School.

My reasoning as is follows:
1.) Polymorph Gobbler is great to use when you are low on health (For healing)
2.) Polymorph Cat Bandit has strong damage spells (It is storm)
3.) Polymorph Draconian is also good damage-wise

The Polymorph spells also can help you when you are fighting a boss of your own school and forgot to pack prisms into your deck.

Justin Dragonglade
Master Diviner

"We cannot descover new seas until we have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Sounds like Moon is for you out of the gate, but some star may be useful for you later.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Tom5194 wrote:
I have completed DS and I'm nearly at Celestia. I have 2 Training Points saved up and I'm getting more later. I was wondering which Astral School I should train on when I get there. Here is some info:

-I'm a Level 47 Balance Wizard
-I do not want the Sun School; I find it useless
-I am more attracted to the Star School, but I believe the Moon School is useful
-I want it to help a lot at an early level

If you can tell me which one is most useful, Moon or Star, it would help me with Celestia. Thanks!

Well, it depends on if you PvP. If you do pvp, polymorph is useless, as when you do polymorph, you don't get shields and they are very easy to kill. Some people think it is a good idea to polymorph in PvP, I love these people as they are so easy to kill.

I am not sure why you think the sun school is useless, it may not work on Nova YET, but it works on all your other spells and increases your damage very nicely.

This is though, my opinion.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I did the two spells from the star school and three spells from the moon. There's two to start with but there are additional trainers in Celestia. I didn't know that but I still have to find the oysters in Mooshu so I will be getting a training point when I find the oyster I am missing!

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
if you have 2 training points you can spend one on a star and one on a moon... if u dont want that then i think you should go with star it helps allot because it gives you whatever you need as you lvl up like for lvl 50 it gives you a shield for -15% damage from any incoming attacks and some givr you accuracy and stuff like that so i say star just my opinion

-John NightWalker, Legendary Pyromancer