Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Evil" Snowman?

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Don't ask me why I just realized this (and I'm sorry if this is a repeat thread), but why is the Ice spell called "Evil Snowman" when technically they are allies? Wouldn't Evil Snowmen be enemies since they're...you know, evil? Shouldn't the spell be called Jack Frost or something?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Maybe it's because they're evil to the enemy. Or possibly because a nice snowman wouldn't attack anybody.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
In fact, they are enemies. You can find them on Colossus Blvd. They are evil, but you can still summon them for a battle, just like you do the Kraken. He's evil, and you can fight him in boss form, but he's also a spell.

-Taryn

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Don't ask me why I just realized this (and I'm sorry if this is a repeat thread), but why is the Ice spell called "Evil Snowman" when technically they are allies? Wouldn't Evil Snowmen be enemies since they're...you know, evil? Shouldn't the spell be called Jack Frost or something?

Don't get me wrong, your post makes a lot of sense. But, think about it for a second. Would a nice snowman use a knife?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I don't know...that makes sense, but it still doesn't make sense to me. Maybe Prof. Greyrose can give me a definite answer on this?

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Well think this over for a second :D evil snowman is called evil for a reason they are your allies because the ice school is evil If they were evil and not your allies then why would they work for you? Not too be mean but that is how it seems too be. Hunter firebreath level 60 pyromancer

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Well think this over for a second :D evil snowman is called evil for a reason they are your allies because the ice school is evil If they were evil and not your allies then why would they work for you? Not too be mean but that is how it seems too be. Hunter firebreath level 60 pyromancer

Says the pyro XD XD XD

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
sunsword44 wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Says the pyro XD XD XD
I have a legendary of every school balance on another account.But thats how it looks if he was evil then why would he work for someone good? exsactly :) Did i turn your world upside down XD

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
I have a legendary of every school balance on another account.But thats how it looks if he was evil then why would he work for someone good? exsactly :) Did i turn your world upside down XD

No.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Says the pyro XD XD XD

Nope not really.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
you do have a point

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
@JUMPBUFF101: I wish she'd answer. I'm really curious to know.

@drudru1234656: Although 'evil' is a cool word, that doesn't really answer my question. Just because a word is cool doesn't mean you use it in every situation (I learned and am still learning that), so I'm wondering if there really is a reason why Evil Snowmen are called evil.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
sunsword44 wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Says the pyro XD XD XD

Ditto

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Lol, I wouldn't say that to a Thaumaturge if I were you ...

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Wizard101, in some places, doesn't use much logic I've found over my two years of playing. So, Evil Snowmen are probably just a 'kiddy thing' lol.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
mman17 wrote:
Wizard101, in some places, doesn't use much logic I've found over my two years of playing. So, Evil Snowmen are probably just a 'kiddy thing' lol.

So...we're teaching our kids to hope no one notices when they inadvertantly contradict themselves, and in the worst case scenario someone asks for an explanation, completely ignore them? Cuz that's what it looks like.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
mman17 wrote:

So...we're teaching our kids to hope no one notices when they inadvertantly contradict themselves, and in the worst case scenario someone asks for an explanation, completely ignore them? Cuz that's what it looks like.

Are we gonna find the meaning of life while delving into the deep physiological meaning of why the snowmen are evil. Maybe they aren't so evil after all! Maybe we shouldn't be killing them on colossus blvd! Maybe they're a computer generated npc and not some monster set out to ruin the minds of our children! (option no.3 seems the most likely to me, no offense)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
sunsword44 wrote:
Are we gonna find the meaning of life while delving into the deep physiological meaning of why the snowmen are evil. Maybe they aren't so evil after all! Maybe we shouldn't be killing them on colossus blvd! Maybe they're a computer generated npc and not some monster set out to ruin the minds of our children! (option no.3 seems the most likely to me, no offense)

Yet another example of how sarcasm doesn't transfer well over text. I'm simply asking why KI decided the make snowmen 'evil'. Why can't anyone, including Prof. Greyrose, give me a legitimate reason? Saying it's a "kiddy thing" just sounds patronizing, especially since the youngest kids that are supposed to be playing this game are 10.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
mman17 wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Lol, I wouldn't say that to a Thaumaturge if I were you ...
I have beaten hundreds of thaumaturge in pvp before but like i said before.Ice school is evil because why would evil snowman work for someone good.So that means the ice school is evil its obvious ::grin:: :P

Administrator
I'm going to answer this before it turns into another post that gets off topic and has to be heavily moderated.

How many friendly snowmen do you know that come at you with a dagger?
Evil has its purpose, you are using this spell to attack your opponents, so to them, it's evil.

community@wizard101.com