Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Announcing Wintertusk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009

I can't wait for "Winter tusk" to come out! like omg it will be so awesome
come and find me on wizard101 I am Destiny Firethief master pyromancer lvl 45 8)

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
I soooooooooooooo can't wait!!
I'm only level 26 and I've been to every world so far thanks to subscription and teleporting.

From,
The Over Excited Sorcerer

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
ALOT of people are hoping for they're own desires.

I say that we love what we get no matter what, because this will be where we learn the rest of the stroy of before the worlds divided, and we will also learn why grizzleheim plays such a huge part in the story of the spiral, and its quite obvious with a name like Grandmother Raven, she will not be evil.

I am not going to make any assumptions like everybody else, I just want to say THANK YOU to everybody at Kingsisle for giving us a new world so quick, and giving us pets and spells, what a blessing. It is has been torture waiting for this. I actually started new wizards and have made it to Magus with life, and I am almost the same with my ice.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2010

I cant wait!!!!!!!!! I love collecting pets and i'm glad there is another death pet coming!!!!!!!!

Taylor Fairywhisper lvl 47

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
I just noticed something about Grandma Raven

Look at the medalion on her dress in the front, its bartelby surrounded by spiral symbols

that opens up a lot of conversation

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
that world looks awesome! :D Is it going to look just like grizzleheim or going to have a winter feeling to it? because Grandmother Raven makes me think is it going to continue form the end of grizzleheim? And will the level cap raise to? because i was thinking raising it 20 more levels and make rank 9 spells for ever school. The new pets seem awesome! :D no rush but i actually have some ideas such as (Jumping Frog and Raven if not already in the game yet) is there also going to be new rank of enemies? like rank 11 and rank 12 elite thats all i have right now

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
One question...will i need to finish grizzelheim? i didnt so i wanna know if i should get moving on that.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
SO are the new spells only for lvl 58 or higher or can any lvl get them? please answer.

Dylan seabane
lvl 41 myth

Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
This world I bet is gonna be EPIC and AWESOME.
I cant wait until it!!!! oh right, and the pets would be EPIC too.
I hope its a Efreet or a Fire Dragon!!!
This, right now, is the best announcment at all!
Except that I havent finished GH cause at the level I was, I thought the quests had not too much xp. ( if there are quests with higher xp, then I must be wrong ) and then I unlocked KT, that was the second reason.
AND THE SPELLS WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME!! :D
o: I hope it's a spell like volcano or lava burst or fire explosion... and another one like THE EPIC BAD GUY TOASTER! and a giant toaster appears in front of the bad guys, then opens the DOOR OF DOOM! otherwise known as the bad guy roaster!
o: or maybe it's something like the chimney of fiery destroyal!

Nicholas ShadowRunner, Pyromancer, lvl 59

"If you fail, remembar that fire always accompanies you"

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
bloodvain1 wrote:
I have the same question on this one, considering haven't even finished gh yet (still need to finish Ravenscar) and less then half way through CL, and already lvl 56. By the time i get a little past half way, i'll hit 60 no problem. Adding an entire new world to explore (which is great by itself) would be awesome, but need a lvl cap increase to go along with it as well.

I'd be surprised to see an increased level cap this time around. It sounds like this world will be similar to Grizzelheim. As the Professor said, Wintertusk will be for wizards of various levels. That sounds a lot like Grizzelheim, in which reaching a certain level means you can do an additional part of the world. Also, if you remember, Grizzelheim isn't really great for leveling. No, I expect Wintertusk is more about adding something new to do, and fleshing out what we already have. We'll receive new spells for our current levels and new pets. We'll also get a little more info about what is really going on in the spiral.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
That would be awesome for another school to be announced but what do you think would it be?

Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
Does anyone know when this awesome thing is going to happen?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
Daxter29121 wrote:
This sounds sooo exciting!!! But I have a few questions I need to ask...

Would we have to complete Grizzleheim before starting Wintertusk? I havent even got very far on any of my wizards on Grizzleheim.

I am looking forward to the test realm

Malvin ShadowMancer level 60 fire
James Stormslinger level 60 storm

Well, the Professor said Wintertusk will be for wizards of various levels. Seeing as how you have to be level 40 before you can enter the final area of Grizzelheim, I'm guessing that beating GH isn't a prerequisite for going to Wintertusk. It will likely be like GH, where new parts open up to you as you level if you complete the right areas.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
hobi wrote:
people she is holding a TUSK not a horn...

i know ... das my mama

oh i am gonna love the wintertusk

In the past, horns were made from tusks and antlers. They didn't always have brass.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
Can u tell us what the new spells and pets are? Because i would to know!!!
Sierra FireWielder Grandmaster level 52 fire

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
I think some of you need to reread the original post carefully. If you do, many of the questions that have been asked will be answered. To quote Prof. Greyrose,

"Wintertusk will complete the epic storyline that began with Grizzleheim and will offer new things to do, and areas to explore for all levels of young Wizards."

Now, if you had to beat all of GH before entering Wintertusk, this comment couldn't be accurate, as new quests in GH become available at levels 20, 30, and 40. It is possible, however, that we'll have to compete certain parts of GH to open up corresponding areas in Wintertusk. For instance, we may have to complete all of the areas available to level 20 wizards in GH before we can do certain parts of Wintertusk.

As for the pets, there is no way that KI is going to introduce something that major to the game and make it so that a very large portion of the players can't get them. Again, if you read the original post carefully, then you'll notice at the bottom that it says to look for new quests when these additions are made to the game. In other words it will be different than when we hit level 48. The level 48 quests get you both the spell and the pet. At level 58, however, the spell and the pet will come from two different quests.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
Tell us what the pets are plz I because if its a VERY good ill lvl myself FAST!!!! Tell us what the pets are plz!!! Sierra Firewielder Grandmaster Level 52 (or 53 i dont know)

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
I wonder how the world is going to look if it is after girzzleheim, i hope its a lot different. Also i wonder what the people (other then grandma raven) will look like. I cant wait for the level 58 pets. LOTS OF QUESTIONS!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
One thing to say...Awesome. And Professor, when can we get to Caps again? I don't feel very comfortable typing like a little kid. You got to think of a better solution for this caps problem. :|

Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
This is awsome! especially the new pets/spells. I hope the new world has some houses that you don't have to craft.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Ah, goodness! I still need to finish Grizzleheim AND Marleybone! Hmm, maybe if i'm lucky I'll finish those two worlds before Wintertusk is released...

Anyways, enough of my rambles. VERY excited for this new world. The name itself makes me very excited, and the fact that I keep seeing this 'prophecy' makes me even more curious. Like I said, I have yet to finish Grizzleheim and I am far away from Dragonspyre, so this 'prophecy' is already making me more nervous/excited. :D

Ah, I'm rambling again!

Thank you very much, Profressor, and I am looking forward to the day of Wintertusk's arrival.

Julia ThunderheartMagusDiviner

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
i hope the new pets are like ra or forestlord and the new spells i wonder if their the strongest,coolest spells ever.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I cant wait!. i am only lvl 29 cant wait!! :D :D :

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
the worlds are wizardcity,krocotopia,marlybone,mooshu,dragonspyre,celestia,grizzlehiem and the new wintertusk is 7 not enough ( grant it i am happy about wintertusk)

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
Are there gonna be pets for certain school that can be brought? and new hosuing items houses
Hunter blood lvl 60 hunter blood lvl 45 blaze roseshade lvl 26 blaze blood lvl6 hunter shadow sword lvl13 hunter shard level15 :?