Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragon egg hatching, what a disappointment!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
I have just spent hours and hours trying to create and build my dragonriders staff, and then to find a dragon egg and hatch it, only for the game to go to a cut-screen, which shows me riding the dragon. I was VERY DISAPPOINTED! I thought that I was creating something that I was going to keep. I just think it's really sad that the game has you spend SO MANY HOURS, trying to create somthing that you don't even ever get to really ride or own. I just wish I had my time back!

I feel that the developers should allow players to actually create and keep their dragons that they hatch and ride them around as mounts. It would be really cool if, like in nature, you were randomly hatched some unique style of dragon and got to keep it as a new mount.

I am serioulsy thinking of canceling my subscription because it doesn't feel like there is any new, cool, reasons anymore to keep playing and fighting, and fighting, and fighting EVERYONE. In the early game there was always something new and interesting to achieve or atleast buy with gold or crowns, but once you get higher in the game, it tends to get REALLY BORING. All you ever seem to do is fight people, and then you don't really ever get anything that you really want or need, just more stuff to sell.

I have been a monthly subscriber for over 2 years now and I think the game has only gotten more disappointing with every new level. The details in the houses have declined noticably and the game play is not very fun anymore.

Please, start making the upper levels of gameplay fun and exciting again. I was looking forward to hatching my dragon and riding it around, but now I am just disappointed.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
amclellan wrote:
I have just spent hours and hours trying to create and build my dragonriders staff, and then to find a dragon egg and hatch it, only for the game to go to a cut-screen, which shows me riding the dragon. I was VERY DISAPPOINTED! I thought that I was creating something that I was going to keep. I just think it's really sad that the game has you spend SO MANY HOURS, trying to create somthing that you don't even ever get to really ride or own. I just wish I had my time back!

I feel that the developers should allow players to actually create and keep their dragons that they hatch and ride them around as mounts. It would be really cool if, like in nature, you were randomly hatched some unique style of dragon and got to keep it as a new mount.

I am serioulsy thinking of canceling my subscription because it doesn't feel like there is any new, cool, reasons anymore to keep playing and fighting, and fighting, and fighting EVERYONE. In the early game there was always something new and interesting to achieve or atleast buy with gold or crowns, but once you get higher in the game, it tends to get REALLY BORING. All you ever seem to do is fight people, and then you don't really ever get anything that you really want or need, just more stuff to sell.

I have been a monthly subscriber for over 2 years now and I think the game has only gotten more disappointing with every new level. The details in the houses have declined noticably and the game play is not very fun anymore.

Please, start making the upper levels of gameplay fun and exciting again. I was looking forward to hatching my dragon and riding it around, but now I am just disappointed.

Well If you didn't have fun, your time was definitely wasted. Whether I like the game or not (and I really really do) I'm going to suggest you try something else. Don't throw your time down the drain if you don't like it. If you are into cut screens and such, give Guild Wars a try. It may have more what you're looking for. Have to say it's a much more complex game, which is also fairly cheap to play. I don't want to scare people off from my favorite game, but you have to remember that it is a kids RPG, and not for everyone. It's never been a very complicated game, but you have to take it for what it is. (And what that is may not be the game for you) Hoping you don't give up on the game though, Celestia has some great (and exciting) dungeons. ;)

Taryn Dragonsong
Legendary Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
My point is, that I have already invested a lot of time and money into THIS GAME and I just feel that maybe the developers could give back to the dedicated memebers that reach quests and areas such as Dragonspyer, by giving them the dragon that they spent so long creating. I don't think this request has really anything to do with age, though even if it did I wonder what the statistics are on adult subscribers verses children? Also, I would not even like this game if it were all exaggerated characters (if you know what I mean).

I am not a big computer game player, my husband turned me onto this game and we play together a lot. I just feel that the begining of the game gets much more attention to detail then the later areas, including the more newly added accessories like the houses, furniture, clothes and such.

My goal in writing this was to try and help development not to be told to go and find a new game elsewhere.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
amclellan wrote:
My point is, that I have already invested a lot of time and money into THIS GAME and I just feel that maybe the developers could give back to the dedicated memebers that reach quests and areas such as Dragonspyer, by giving them the dragon that they spent so long creating. I don't think this request has really anything to do with age, though even if it did I wonder what the statistics are on adult subscribers verses children? Also, I would not even like this game if it were all exaggerated characters (if you know what I mean).

I am not a big computer game player, my husband turned me onto this game and we play together a lot. I just feel that the begining of the game gets much more attention to detail then the later areas, including the more newly added accessories like the houses, furniture, clothes and such.

My goal in writing this was to try and help development not to be told to go and find a new game elsewhere.

Well sorry I was just trying to help. I know it wasn't what you were looking for, but all I'm saying is I don't think W101 really does that kind of thing :?
Ugh.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you haven't gone to Celestia, you might give that a try.

You could start over in another game slot and take a wizard in another school through the Spiral.

You can help smaller wizards in tough spots like Sunken City or the Haunted Cave.

You can train pets.

You can garden.

You can play games at the Fairegrounds.

You could try Player-vs-Player combat.

There are other things to do.

If you absolutely want a dragon for a mount, they're available, although of course they aren't free.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
And if you had really followed the whole storyline through DS, then you would have known that keeping the dragon was not an option. I certainly never expected to keep it. That dragon is the same as the boat in KT, or the airships in MB, or the bridges in MS. I was quite satisfied with what I got. Maybe I just don't have quite as high expectations of the game, but I really really enjoy playing, and I don't let the small stuff deter me.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
You say it's a disappointment you can't keep the dragon, that it's not yours. Does it need a call or whistle to come running? No, sorry your dragon waits for you, and is always there, and no one else can ride your dragon he is eternally yours. Well as long as you got access to DS.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
I never really thought about hatching a dragon and keeping it as a mount. Hmm...

Well, I think that getting the Dragon Rider staff is cool enough. And it's not like you only get to ride the dragon once and then you can't go back to the Malistaire dungeon entrance by riding it.
I suggest you DON'T quit. Getting through Dragonspyre is hard enough. And hey, Celestia is super cool- new pets, enemies, friends, and those level 58 spells!
Think about it that way.

(There's also the new world Wintertusk coming as of right now. Wouldn't want to miss that!)

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
amclellan wrote:

amclellan wrote:

With all due respect, I can't help but wondering. You say you have been a subscriber for over 2 years, but you are (just) now posting about the last quests in DS. Does this mean it took you that long to get to the quest, or is this something that has been bothering you? In no way do I mean to be rude, I am just trying to understand your point of view. I've been playing for over a year, and I've never come across anyone who thought they were actually getting a dragon. :-(

I personally never expected anything equippable from this quest, I just assumed it was to gain access Malistaire's Lair. In fact, I was actually surprised to get the staff. Then again, I'm not really interested in storylines, I enjoy the battle strategies and extracurriculars. I'm sorry you were disappointed, you might want to check out the fansites if you want some more information on the game. I can always find something to do on the game, lol... Good luck, and I hope you don't quit. :-D