Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A few questions for older players (14+)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
braineeakman wrote:
Do you ever wish the game didn't seem so geared towards young children? Getting called "young wizard" by pretty much everyone? Having bosses say things like "arghh! bested by a mere child!" when you aren't?

Don't get me wrong, I love Wizard101 because it isn't so complex, but do you think they could do a few small simple changes just to make it a bit more adult and older teen friendly? I know it's main demographic is younger people and families who want to play with their kids, but not their only demographic.

This is really just to see people opinions, or if anyone else thought about this also.

Thank you! :D

My family hears it and laughs. And 14-16 isn't very old

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Young Wizard is not being used in relation to your age. It is being used in context to your experience, so doesn't bother me.

I do however get bothered when it is used by a customer service agent or tech support person in their emails as it comes across very condescending. Especially when it is about billing inquiries. Billing inquiries should be taken a little more seriously and the account holder treated in a more business like manner.

Administrator
Hello,

When a ticket is submitted to the billing team, the responses are signed "KingsIsle Billing Support" and no reference to "Young Wizard" or other "gamely" adjective is made. Billing, as you noted, is a serious topic & treated as such. We are also very aware billing matters are almost never initiated by a child.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Even if you are, 50, or 60, your character is a young adult. Ravenwood College. Note the college. You play as an 18, 19, 20, whatever. Even if your very old, you portray a child. 18 is still young compared to 40. :p