Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Vault of ice and Emperor's retreat. Help :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
Hi everyone! Help me please! I got the quest "Use obelisk Rubbing In the Vault of ice " and can not get in the door! What I did?
And second ... Emperor's retreat door does not respond too :(
Thank you for any help!
Tiffany lvl 27 :)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
sun4677 wrote:
Hi everyone! Help me please! I got the quest "Use obelisk Rubbing In the Vault of ice " and can not get in the door! What I did?
Thank you for any help!

The 'Rubbing' quest is a side-quest.
Both the Vault and the Retreat can only be opened by completing the main-quest line.

Once you finish the Arena quest-line, you will be given the Vault dungeon, and once you are done with that, you will be allowed in the Retreat Dungeon.

This is like having to finish Unicorn Way to get to Triton, etc....

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
sun4677 wrote:
Thank you for any help!

It sounds as if you missed some quests in either the hall of champions, or the grand arena. Go through those two places again and make sure you've finished up all of the quests there.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
It sounds as if you missed some quests in either the hall of champions, or the grand arena. Go through those two places again and make sure you've finished up all of the quests there.

I am having the same issue. I have to every character in Krokotopia but can't get in Vault of Ice. There IS nothing left for me to do there and I'm a level 25. I'm starting to believe it's a glitch. Maybe someone can prove me wrong, I don't know. lol

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Jena1978 wrote:
I am having the same issue. I have to every character in Krokotopia but can't get in Vault of Ice. There IS nothing left for me to do there and I'm a level 25. I'm starting to believe it's a glitch. Maybe someone can prove me wrong, I don't know. lol

Jena: sounds like you might still have something you didn't finish in the Krokosphinx.

If I remember correctly, after you finish the Grand Arena, you talk to Shalek the Wise in the Entrance Hall, and he sends you to the Vault of Ice.

Check your quest log file again. Other than the quest from Zeke to find the beetles, do you have "any" quest in the Krokosphinx. If you do, click on the dialogue bubble (the question mark in the upper left corner of the quest box) to see what you still need to do.

Hopefully this will get you moving along.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
im having the SAME issue! ive walked around ALL of Krok did the quests i was given and the only quest i have left is the "obelisk rubbing in vault of ice" the quest is called "tomb of the fang"

ive talked to the guy in the sphynx and the door is still not available! idk what to do!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
brockmatt wrote:
im having the SAME issue! ive walked around ALL of Krok did the quests i was given and the only quest i have left is the "obelisk rubbing in vault of ice" the quest is called "tomb of the fang"

ive talked to the guy in the sphynx and the door is still not available! idk what to do!

I am going to assume you can get to that island by yourself. The first thing to do is to go into the balance school and get the quest to go into the sphinx. If you cannot get into the Vault, it means you have not completed the quests up to it, and you have a main-line quest in your quest book beyond the rubbing quest.

After completing all of the pyramid's quests, you get the quest to go the island, then you do the series of quests to make the sword, defeat Khai, then to the Vault. If you have done does, contact support. If you haven't, check your quest book for any quest in Krok.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
brockmatt wrote:
im having the SAME issue! ive walked around ALL of Krok did the quests i was given and the only quest i have left is the "obelisk rubbing in vault of ice" the quest is called "tomb of the fang" ive talked to the guy in the sphynx and the door is still not available! idk what to do!
for clarificatio i'm asking this to make sure of something important: can you Enter the Vault of Ice dungeon, but then just can't get through the door that the quest arrow is pointing to? or can't you even enter the dungeon at all?

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
etherchaos wrote:
brockmatt wrote:
im having the SAME issue! ive walked around ALL of Krok did the quests i was given and the only quest i have left is the "obelisk rubbing in vault of ice" the quest is called "tomb of the fang" ive talked to the guy in the sphynx and the door is still not available! idk what to do!
for clarificatio i'm asking this to make sure of something important: can you Enter the Vault of Ice dungeon, but then just can't get through the door that the quest arrow is pointing to? or can't you even enter the dungeon at all?

it wont let me in there either. I have done all of the quests that is required and still nothing. it light up but will not let me in

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
etherchaos wrote:
brockmatt wrote:

You have to defeat three boss's before you go through the locked door.

kthxbai

Shelby Stormleaf lever 26 Pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
How Do I Fight Krokhotep? Can Somebody Tell Me how?

Avril LAvigne Is Awesome