Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

overlevelled

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
I have a friend on Wizard101 that is a level 33 and just got into Marleybone. I think that instead of once you finish one world you can go to the next, I think it should be level-wise because she can easily defeat any of the opponents there. I just think she should be somewhere were she could have more of a challenge.

Anthony Ghostward
Adept Pyromancer

Adherent
May 20, 2010
That would defeat the purpose of having the storyline. The wizard has to solve the problems in each world before going on to the next.

The game won't stay easy for long. There are plenty of tough bosses in Marleybone, and your character's 5-level advantage will disappear as you go along, since levels require more experience to gain. By the time you get to Mooshu, you won't have that much of an advantage.

Defender
May 17, 2009
She shouldn't have done all the side quests. From now on she should only do her main quests. Being able to go into other worlds at certain levels would not fit in with the storyline.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
mario2760 wrote:
I have a friend on Wizard101 that is a level 33 and just got into Marleybone. I think that instead of once you finish one world you can go to the next, I think it should be level-wise because she can easily defeat any of the opponents there. I just think she should be somewhere were she could have more of a challenge.

Anthony Ghostward
Adept Pyromancer

There's a storyline that you have to follow. You can't just skip worlds. If something is easy for me, I don't complain, I sweep through it and rack up the experience. It'll level out eventually, but I take what I can get when I get it.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Tagline Master

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
maxitola2009 wrote:
She shouldn't have done all the side quests. From now on she should only do her main quests. Being able to go into other worlds at certain levels would not fit in with the storyline.

Are you seriously discouraging the completion of side quests? Really? You're trying to make the game harder for her? That's the whole POINT of side quests, to make future levels easier for you.

Do you think a Wizard would have a better time completing Krokotopia if he/she finished Colossus Boulevarde or didn't finish it?

You'll never get to Celestia unless you do the side quests. Think about what you say before you post it on the forums.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
mario2760 wrote:

Anthony Ghostward
Adept Pyromancer

Entering at 33 means you either have done a ton of battles not involved in any questline (normally you enter at about 25 if you have done all the side quests). Some have jumped to friends in higher level worlds and ridden on coat tails to get experience in those worlds (side-quests)...but this is like reading a book, but reading random chapters, then trying to make sense of it, or watching the last five minutes of a movie to know how it ends, etc....

Survivor
Dec 08, 2010
Personally, i dont think Marlybone is too small a level. I entered Marlybone in the later stage of level 29, i'm now level 30, but still i am getting my rear end handed too me on a silver platter (pardon my rudeness).

Marlybone is Awesome, great challenges fun quests, difficult bosses, exellent World set up, as soon as i am able to get a few Crowns i'm opening up Marlybone Permanently. I love it.

Anyhoo, back to the matter at hand. At level 33 some of the Marlybonian mobs and bosses will still be a challenge, for example, i'm a Fire Wiz, and currently am trying to complete the 'Burning Books' quest, where you need to defeat 'Mr. Incinerator' and collect 'Falmea's Book'. This boss has 2K Health and his minion 1K, together that beat me to a pulp, i had battled him alone. However i find if i enlist the help of a friend or two (I mostly team with my Girl Friend hehe love you Fabs :-D ) we are able to overcome and defeat far more mobs and bosses than either of us could alone.

My advice to all who struggle at this level: Enlist a friend or two.

Happy Hunting
Mike

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
There is no such thing as over-levelled. If you haven't completed a quest or world, it doesn't matter what level you are - you gotta do it if you want to progress in the storyline and have access to the next world on your own.

Some people like to speed level by porting to higher friends for experience. Hence they are a higher level when continuing their own storyline quests.

I do it the old fashioned way - do every single quest in each world, in order, as it was intended... it beats running around later, looking for missed side quests and what not. I enter a world a stronger wizard with a clean quest book! This is how I recommend playing this game. I don't know how much more I can emphasize this - you get experience by doing your quests instead of random fights.

So on the contrary, I think you SHOULD do ALL side quests. (Besides, some books are in the side quest bosses.)

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance - all done with a clean quest book
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 60 death - still needs to finish Grizzle
Nora SeaStone lvl 34 storm - just needs Big Ben then off to Mooshu
Ellie WinterBane lvl 17 ice - in Chamber of Fire in Krok

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
I am about 2/3 through Marleybone and am just now a level 33 ICE/Life. I think I started about Level 29? I did some GH first.

I don't think it was too hard when I started and I don't think it is too easy now! You never know how the cards are going to play or if you will get caught in the street. Nothing is equal in Wizard101 or ever stays the same. That is the fun of it!

I try to play all the way through a world before I go to the next. I think of the side quests as vacations sometimes! Plus I love getting all the drops and things I find along the way, love selling it for gold and buying what i want for my well dressed wizard girls!