Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hold On To Your Socks ( I'm Blowing Them Off)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
* You see a Helephant picking at rocks in a dark cave he turns and notices you for the first time * " HELLO WIZARD! My name is Helephant, what am i doing? I'm mining of course, what did you say? Mining hasn't come to the Spiral? NO! " * He looks very mad and his pike begins to spark * "Mining is a fun sport you can do at home! Simply buy a cave and place it in a place!" "It's not all that simple you must summon worker, how do you get workers? you must defeat monsters across the spiral every once and a while the beast will drop a figurine of it's own one that is exactly like him/her" * his pike stops smoking and he sits down *" Not even that simple in order to activate a figure you must pay a price depending how good it is." "Now that you got the simples here are the last two things you need to know once you summon a worker he will only work for a time" *he stands up rubs his eyes and is about to start mining * " Each element has it's specialty in mining

Fire: loads dynomite and blows it up

Storm: Strike hard and blow up about 5 rocks at once

Ice: freezes rock and explodes when they pike it giving a more likely chance of gaining items

Life: leaves wrap around workers and makes them work double what they were origanaly

Myth: weakens rock and then busts them so less pike hits are needed

Death: Steals rocks and makes itself work longer

Balance: More likely to get prize and if so (most likely), the prize will not be anything you can buy at any store so it is more unique

" *he turns then turns back to you* " O yes! What is so good about mining? when you break rocks prizes may come out like pets, hats, robes, housing items, shoes, wand, etc. * He slams extremely hard with his pike on a rock and it explodes, leaving only a small ice cat it jumps into his hand and he pets it* so now that you know write on a scroll to me what you think wizards of the spiral." * he lets the cat down and he finally starts mining again, you leave *

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
I like the idea but what about Balance could you think of something Nalance wizards could do or is Balance not allowed to participate?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Defender
May 17, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Mining?! Is that the best you can come up with?

Ok, you come up with something better, then go and comment saying Is that the best you can come up with?

Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
warriorwizard2 wrote:
* You see a Helephant picking at rocks in a dark cave he turns and notices you for the first time * " HELLO WIZARD! My name is Helephant, what am i doing? I'm mining of course, what did you say? Mining hasn't come to the Spiral? NO! " * He looks very mad and his pike begins to spark * "Mining is a fun sport you can do at home! Simply buy a cave and place it in a place!" "It's not all that simple you must summon worker, how do you get workers? you must defeat monsters across the spiral every once and a while the beast will drop a figurine of it's own one that is exactly like him/her" * his pike stops smoking and he sits down *" Not even that simple in order to activate a figure you must pay a price depending how good it is." "Now that you got the simples here are the last two things you need to know once you summon a worker he will only work for a time" *he stands up rubs his eyes and is about to start mining * " Each element has it's specialty in mining

Ice: freezes rock and explodes when they pike it giving a more likely chance of gaining items

Life: leaves wrap around workers and makes them work double what they were origanaly

" *he turns then turns back to you* " O yes! What is so good about mining? when you break rocks prizes may come out like pets, hats, robes, housing items, shoes, wand, etc. so now that you know write on a scroll to me what you think wizards of the spiral." * he finally starts mining again and you leave *

yes what about balance? i notice that people frequently leave out balance! It is very insulting and excluding to balance students! Please, to all people, try and remember to include balance please!

I also dont understand what this is.... maybe more of a description?
Thanks,

Amber Dawnbreeze, Level 60 Sorceress
"Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks."

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
dancer54312 wrote:
warriorwizard2 wrote:

" *he turns then turns back to you* " O yes! What is so good about mining? when you break rocks prizes may come out like pets, hats, robes, housing items, shoes, wand, etc. so now that you know write on a scroll to me what you think wizards of the spiral." * he finally starts mining again and you leave *

yes what about balance? i notice that people frequently leave out balance! It is very insulting and excluding to balance students! Please, to all people, try and remember to include balance please!

Thanks,

"Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks."
finnaly a fellow Balance wizard who gets it everyone forgets Balance this i sinsulting and it shows how Balance is the least known like in the library they dont show balance sign
Quinn Mistwhisper lvl 60 Sorcerer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
maxitola2009 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Ok, you come up with something better, then go and comment saying Is that the best you can come up with?

I don't come up with ideas; I just critique them. :D

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
maxitola2009 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

That's called hypocrisy.

What your doing is basically belittling a chef for their style of cooking when you yourself can't cook worth a hill of beans.

Unless you really know what your talking about and have the means to back your opinion up, which you didn't give, you have no right to belittle anyone's idea, no matter how stupid it is (this idea isn't stupid; I like it).

Now, I like what you have here, warriorwizard2. You have a nice premise down for your idea, so now you need to expound on it. Here are some questions you may want to think about answering:

-What use would Mining be?

-What would we be able to mine?

-Is there more than one Mining teacher? Do you need spells to mine, like Gardening?

-Are there ranks in Mining? If so, how does that affect what you can mine and what rewards you can get through mining?

Answer these questions, and you'll have yourself a really good idea; certainly one of the best I've come across here in The Dorms.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
here is an idea for balance from a balance wizard

Balance: the one force that shares properties of all the other schools
now receives enchantments to the goods
that is found by all the others school miners.

the enchantment of clothing and wands and jewelery and other spells are the greatest of all the treasures found while mining.

but the Balance miner will work less to achieve the same all other schools.

simply by levitating two rock in a spiral motion and with equal force they collide and revel the treasure with in both

Survivor
May 03, 2009
it sounds interesting but what about balance and why cant the wizards just do the mining themselves if they don't want to hire a minion? Can we get loot we can actually use or sell? Do we have an energy bar for the miner? Do we level up ranks for mining? What's the point of mining if we have minions do it? Do we have to have minions? Would we need and energy thing for mining? or use our pet energy? How did you come up with the idea? What inspired you to want to do mining? I have about 2 million Questions to ask you! please answer them and give more descrpition. Thanks,
Kelly Soulblossom Level 58 Grandmaster Theurgist. {The FabGrrl}

Survivor
Oct 21, 2010
Great idea! and i love the story along with it too! so basically all the schools would have special abilities at mining and you can get items from mining? sorta sounds like gardening except for the different schools... hey but dont get me wrong i still think its an awesome idea! :D
-Julia Sparkleflower, Grandmaster Diviner, 53

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
maxitola2009 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

I haven't ever came up with better, but i've seen WAY better than this, go to the dorms and click on something called the 8th world scythia, now that guy BLEW MY SOCKS OFF! And everyone who read it got their socks blew off too!!

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010

I think thats a great idea, did you mention experience points?? Cause maybe doing that could get you alot higher in level and the deeper you go the harder the items are!

Alexandria
lvl 53 Ice :)

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
One thing. He cant\'t be smoking because little kids play this. And if they havent learned that it is bad there could be problems.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Superwiz1560 wrote:
That's called hypocrisy.

What your doing is basically belittling a chef for their style of cooking when you yourself can't cook worth a hill of beans.

Unless you really know what your talking about and have the means to back your opinion up, which you didn't give, you have no right to belittle anyone's idea, no matter how stupid it is (this idea isn't stupid; I like it).

Now, I like what you have here, warriorwizard2. You have a nice premise down for your idea, so now you need to expound on it. Here are some questions you may want to think about answering:

-Is there more than one Mining teacher? Do you need spells to mine, like Gardening?

-Are there ranks in Mining? If so, how does that affect what you can mine and what rewards you can get through mining?

Answer these questions, and you'll have yourself a really good idea; certainly one of the best I've come across here in The Dorms.

I was joking. I'm sure I could come up with an idea better than this, but to be honest I don't like extra activities in Wizard101. I'm completely against PvP, I find playing in the Pet Pavilion to be a crushing bore, and I think gardening was a waste of an update. Even if warriorwizard2's idea was good, I probably still wouldn't want it to be incorporated into the game. Plus: PvP, Pets, Gardening...Mining? How does that fit in with Wizard101 at all? Lastly, mining just strikes me as an asinine, and completely unnecessary activity to add to Wizard101, especially considering it's a dangerous activity that people don't do for fun. There, you have my reason. Happy now?

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
That's called hypocrisy.

I was joking. I'm sure I could come up with an idea better than this, but to be honest I don't like extra activities in Wizard101. I'm completely against PvP, I find playing in the Pet Pavilion to be a crushing bore, and I think gardening was a waste of an update. Even if warriorwizard2's idea was good, I probably still wouldn't want it to be incorporated into the game. Plus: PvP, Pets, Gardening...Mining? How does that fit in with Wizard101 at all? Lastly, mining just strikes me as an asinine, and completely unnecessary activity to add to Wizard101, especially considering it's a dangerous activity that people don't do for fun. There, you have my reason. Happy now?

Fair enough. You have your opinion on the subject, and I have mine.

But next time, could you be a little less lenient with your jokes?

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
maxitola2009 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

That's called hypocrisy.

1- It's use is to have fun and win unique items without gaving to farm i guess i just like getting treasure i guess.

2-every creature you fight is able to mine but only at time to you get the statues
3- yes the mining teacher is the helephant you were speaking too. no you do not need spells, you only get the spells from the mining teacher that fits your element
4- Yes sir there is, your mining rank correspinds with your wizard rank, so no level 15s are getting 55 gear and that awnsers your second question.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
dancer54312 wrote:
warriorwizard2 wrote:

Thanks,

Sirs and madams of sorcery i deaply apologize for the inconnvinsey of the problem i simply forgot to include balance i was in quite a rush when i made this so i'm making up for it

* Helephant looks confused * "I did? How shameful of me! well here it is

Balance- More likley chance of getting prizes and if so most likley ,the prizes are never things you can buy, usually things you have to get from drops

Happy? sorry i forgot to include you sorcerers ,Peace!" *Begins mining again*

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
mikamet12345 wrote:
it sounds interesting but what about balance and why cant the wizards just do the mining themselves if they don't want to hire a minion? Can we get loot we can actually use or sell? Do we have an energy bar for the miner? Do we level up ranks for mining? What's the point of mining if we have minions do it? Do we have to have minions? Would we need and energy thing for mining? or use our pet energy? How did you come up with the idea? What inspired you to want to do mining? I have about 2 million Questions to ask you! please answer them and give more descrpition. Thanks,
Kelly Soulblossom Level 58 Grandmaster Theurgist. {The FabGrrl}

1-Balance has been adressed in a new comment

2-Mining would be to time consuming after you pike there is a cool down time (short) then after busting a rock another cool down time(long) so thats why then if you don't want minions don't mine

3-yes it's just like normal loot just better and more unique( most of the time)

4-No the energy bar is already a problem, and statues are already hard to get from enemys

5-No

6- if you say that than you must really hate myth and the question needs to be less vague

7-Yes

8-already addressed

9-already addressed

10-The idea hit me one day when i was playing a game (Viva Piniata trouble in paradise) and i sent miners so i could get money for my animals and then the idea hit me.

11- Sounded fun in my head, just a way for people who despreatley need money, and just sounds fun and the creature look funny with a hard hat and pike :)

I'll awnser more if you ask, i thought i had made it clear enough i guess i didn't.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
wiler5002 wrote:
One thing. He cant\'t be smoking because little kids play this. And if they havent learned that it is bad there could be problems.

Well first of all he wasn't smoking in that way, his pike was smoking as if it were on fire and or sparking because it is a fire creature it's anger makes fire.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Superwiz1560 wrote:
Fair enough. You have your opinion on the subject, and I have mine.

But next time, could you be a little less lenient with your jokes?

I'll try, but I can't guarantee anything.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
maxitola2009 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Correction: You do come up with ideas, but you just correct more than you make :D