Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Teleportation ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
I think that a fairly awesome but small change we could do is changing the teleportation animations (currently is where your school's symbols start flying everywhere and a poof) how about something like if you are:

Balance: the locust swarm head (the thing that releases the locusts) goes over you and sinks into the ground, popping up where you need to be

Ice: you become encased in ice and you melt into the floor, and you freeze again in the ground and all the ice cracks where you need to be

Myth: a minotaur appears and throws you into the air really high, and you land where you wanted to

Fire: phoenix jumps out, wraps you in its wings and flies upwards, leaving you where you need

Storm: storm shark eats you and spits you out at your destination

Life: a rainbow appears and a unicorn walks down off it, you ride the unicorn over the rainbow down to where you want to teleport to

Death: ghoul rises from his grave, buries you in his grave and the grave disappears, the grave pops out at your destination and you jump out of the grave like in the ghoul spell.

please note that these are just examples, and i hope i have not offended anyone, if so, i am sorry :?

Defender
May 17, 2009
All nice, but I think leviathan should replace storm shark. Otherwise, great idea!

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
Blackomega34 wrote:
I think that a fairly awesome but small change we could do is changing the teleportation animations (currently is where your school's symbols start flying everywhere and a poof) how about something like if you are:

Balance: the locust swarm head (the thing that releases the locusts) goes over you and sinks into the ground, popping up where you need to be

Ice: you become encased in ice and you melt into the floor, and you freeze again in the ground and all the ice cracks where you need to be

Myth: a minotaur appears and throws you into the air really high, and you land where you wanted to

Fire: phoenix jumps out, wraps you in its wings and flies upwards, leaving you where you need

Life: a rainbow appears and a unicorn walks down off it, you ride the unicorn over the rainbow down to where you want to teleport to

Death: ghoul rises from his grave, buries you in his grave and the grave disappears, the grave pops out at your destination and you jump out of the grave like in the ghoul spell.

please note that these are just examples, and i hope i have not offended anyone, if so, i am sorry :?

This is a great idea! Love it :D

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Explorer
Mar 04, 2009
I remember when teleportation just made a generic poof. Those would be good ideas though. I love the ice one XD

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Blackomega34 wrote:

Two words- Game lag.
This would be soooo much harder for the graphics system or whatever to run, hence the game would runmuch slower. The only variable on the current teleport is the school symbol. It's easy to run through the computer, and it still looks pretty cool. (Plus I'm not so sure Myth wizards want to be chucked my a minataur to get where they want to go, and the unicorn thing is a little girly for our male Life wizards)
Taryn Dragonsong
Legendary Sorcerer (who isn't too crazy about the locust idea) :?

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
Haha. I remember when everyone was just a yellow poof with blue and yellow sparks. These would be great. I love them all.

Thomas Swiftthistle, Legendary Ice.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
sunsword44 wrote:
(Plus I'm not so sure Myth wizards want to be chucked my a minataur to get where they want to go, and the unicorn thing is a little girly for our male Life wizards)
Taryn Dragonsong
Legendary Sorcerer (who isn't too crazy about the locust idea) :?

Yes sunsword44 i completely understood that the unicorn idea was a bit girly, i just couldn't think of anything more (of course these things are examples)

Thank you for the feedback everybody! :D :D :D

Also i understand about the game lag...