Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best pets and where to find them.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Best Pet is NOT dropped by anyone. The best pet in the game is going to be a hatched Pet or a hybrid pet that has amazing abilities..

Now the best Pet drops is a different story! Which in my opinion are any of the colored spiders. The queen spider is my favorite along with the death spider.

Rare Pets- yet another and in my opinion the best rare pet is the mustard troll cause I've only seen a few of them, and I can't get one myself- I've tried :)

Explorer
Feb 03, 2011
af6at wrote:
The rarest dropped pets are probably the Spider Golem and Seraph, they both come from Kensington Park.

Probably the "best" pet in the game (as of now) is the Sea Dragon, no "selfish" talents, all talents are "generic" (good for ALL schools, not just one) 12,500 crowns in the crownshop, only bad thing is that it is kinda goofy lookin'. So train it up and use it for hatching with a pet you like.

i disagree. i have been trying to get the life minotaur for WEEKS with no such luck.

Justin hawkflame lvl 22 pyromancer

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
Cathrine87 wrote:
I've heard you can get pets from the jade Oni and Death oni in Ms from a friend. I'm Sorry, but I dont know what. If you find out please tell me!

-Cath

u get the jade oni pet from malister an the jade oni

i dont kown abut the deth oni

mary green bloom lev 30 life

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
jarod0606 wrote:
af6at wrote:
The rarest dropped pets are probably the Spider Golem and Seraph, they both come from Kensington Park.

Probably the "best" pet in the game (as of now) is the Sea Dragon, no "selfish" talents, all talents are "generic" (good for ALL schools, not just one) 12,500 crowns in the crownshop, only bad thing is that it is kinda goofy lookin'. So train it up and use it for hatching with a pet you like.

Wait...............
Did you just say SEA DRAGON?
i got him from a card pack! Wow i never knew he was THAT good. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i got 2 from crad pack

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
jakehjk3 wrote:
Best Pet is NOT dropped by anyone. The best pet in the game is going to be a hatched Pet or a hybrid pet that has amazing abilities..

Now the best Pet drops is a different story! Which in my opinion are any of the colored spiders. The queen spider is my favorite along with the death spider.

Rare Pets- yet another and in my opinion the best rare pet is the mustard troll cause I've only seen a few of them, and I can't get one myself- I've tried :)

u get the magma spider from the war oni

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Has anyone else but me fought the secret boss in Marleybone in Katzenstein's Lab to get a Pixie pet?

Once you get to Katzenstein himself, take a left and go through a doorway to outside. You need to get crates and planks and make a bridge to fight a secret boss that look like the Potbelly Golem or whatever it's called.

You get a slight chance at the Pixie.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
firewizard738 wrote:
lucavee99 wrote:
:) So far, the rarest ones I have are a life troll, two myth sprites and one midnight sprite. The midnight sprite gives me a dark sprite card which is useless seing as I am lv30.
how do you get a myth sprite?

and i am realy sure that i'm an adept, but ok.

I really need some pets so reply back if you find one becuase i really want some pets but don't know where to find them so if you can or will reply that would be great

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
I have a Krokomummy pet that I got from some dungeon in Krokotopia that gives a Krokumummy spell (375 fire damage, three pips) at ancient. I also have some Krok pet that I got from Meowiarty that gives the spell Krok or whatever that does 315 balance damage for three pips and gives it a baby.
Also, I have some pet that I think is called Black Widow Spider or something that I got as a drop on the streets of Marleybone. It gives the Death spell Poison at ancient. All these pets are particularly good at the point where you get them at the game and even afterwards are still useful.
Some of the best pets that you can get are from your instructors, however, with their spell quests at levels forty-eight and fifty-eight. My trusty adult Wraith has helped me in many tight spots before.
Then there are pets that you get from hatching. I have heard that Grimzilla (Stormzilla + Wraith) is quite good. Also, no crown pets that I know of produce Hybrids, so hatching it with any pet might land you your very own Jade Oni. I got my Sea Dragon, Lillie in that way. However, hatching with a crowns pet costs more gold then you think (around forty thousand for the Sea Dragon.) I agree Mimzkat101

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
A wile ago I saw a myth leprechaun and I asked the person where they got it and they said kanago. I have been trying for a while and I still do not have it. Is it retired? Eventually I gave up and got a judgement pet. Since I am legendary is it still worth farming?

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
OK, here are the pet drops I personaly have gotten and who they dropped from. Keeping in mind though that I have played over 2 years and some may no longer drop from those bosses.
Red Banshee- Akuji (Tree of Life)
Blue Cat Thug - Baron Mordecai (Wizard City, Halloween)
Greater Imp - Baron Mordecai (Wizard City, Halloween)
Black Spider - Black Widow (Marleybone)
Fire Serpent-Boris Blackrock (Dragonspire)
Life Minotaur-Brownwood Tormentor (Grizzleheim)
Storm Serpent - Clanker (Marleybone)
Dire Ghoul-Death Oni (MooShu)
Brown Rat Magician - Dr. VonKatzenstein (Marleybone)
Mustard Troll - Fleshrender (Grizzleheim)
Fire Bat - Gurtok Barrier Demon (Grizzleheim)
Storm Cat - Herkir (Grizzleheim)
Krokomummy - Keeper of the Fang (Krokotopia)
Yellow Ghost - King Shemet Djeserit (Krokotopia)
Life Banshee - King Uro Ahnic (Krokotopia)
Mander - Kiwu (Krokotopia)
Fang Bat - Krokopatra (Krokotopia)
Zombie - Lokar (Grizzleheim)
Blue Banshee - Lord Nightshade (Wizard City)
Midnight Sprite - Lord Nightshade (Wizard City)
Storm Hound - Malistaire (Dragonspire)
Krokotillian - Meowiarty (Marleybone)
Inferno Salamander - Ngozi the Beguiler (Krokotopia)
Ice Bird - Nightwing (Grizzleheim)
Tough Troll - Plague Oni (MooShu)
Evil Snowman - Pop's O'Leary (Marleybone)
Snow Serpent - Prince Gobblestone (Wizard City)
Myth Sprite - Rattlebones (Wizard City)
Silverback Wildclaw - Ravenscar Coven (Grizzleheim)
Pixie Queen - Smogger (Marlebone)
Rat Magician - Sprockets (Marleybone)
Sea Turtle - Tempus Stormfist (Celestia)
Boss Banshee - Vladimir Darkflame (Dragonspire)
Death Leprechaun - Vladimir Darkflame (Dragonspire)
Firewing - War Oni (MooShu)
Magma Spider - War Oni (MooShu)
Minotaur - Youkai (Mooshu)
Spider Golem - Hard Halloween Tower boss, can't remember his name (Wizard City, Halloween)

You will get 5 pets as quest rewards during the course of the game too. 2 school pets, plus a blue cyclops, a stray piggle, and a jellyfish.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2010
I just got a storm snowman in dragonspyre when I was helping someone with the sea lord.
I also remember that you can get a ice snake from prince gobble stone at the end of colossus boulevard, Ice snake gives one card at adult.
You can also get a gold fairy by battling the elf in fire globe theater.
I really want a fire pet but I haven't found anything yet, I heard that you could get a fire bat by hatching blood bat/fire cat. I have tried hatching for the pet a couple of times 5 or 6 by myself and 4 or 5 with a friend, does anyone know if its possible to get a fire bat that way.
I haven't gotten far enough to farm for fire snake but I really want to get one!

Brandon Ashsong
Level 45

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
Cathrine87 wrote:
I've heard you can get pets from the jade Oni and Death oni in Ms from a friend. I'm Sorry, but I dont know what. If you find out please tell me!

-Cath

Indeed you can, the jade oni drops the jade oni (no surprise) and many other useful crowns items.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
Mimzkat101 wrote:
I have a Krokomummy pet that I got from some dungeon in Krokotopia that gives a Krokumummy spell (375 fire damage, three pips) at ancient. I also have some Krok pet that I got from Meowiarty that gives the spell Krok or whatever that does 315 balance damage for three pips and gives it a baby.
Also, I have some pet that I think is called Black Widow Spider or something that I got as a drop on the streets of Marleybone. It gives the Death spell Poison at ancient. All these pets are particularly good at the point where you get them at the game and even afterwards are still useful.
Some of the best pets that you can get are from your instructors, however, with their spell quests at levels forty-eight and fifty-eight. My trusty adult Wraith has helped me in many tight spots before.
Then there are pets that you get from hatching. I have heard that Grimzilla (Stormzilla + Wraith) is quite good. Also, no crown pets that I know of produce Hybrids, so hatching it with any pet might land you your very own Jade Oni. I got my Sea Dragon, Lillie in that way. However, hatching with a crowns pet costs more gold then you think (around forty thousand for the Sea Dragon.)
all wrong the rarest pet is the death kraken its new ive seen one person with it and thats me! i spent 980,254,453 gold to get it not for one hatch but for all my attemps put together. dont belive me but get a kraken pet and a crowns only pet a death pet and hatch it took me about over 5000 tries to get it i have it at epic and it gives me 7 feint cards, spritely,253mana and 349 life and pet that can beat me in a race is purely awsome! i over laped them and got up to 21times normal speed! im so amased i can't belive it!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
The rarest pets I heard of, and some me and freinds have, are level 48 and 58 mixes. Like Mythzilla, Wendigo, a Life Orthrus, Tempest Hound, Elemental Hydras.

:)Legendary Conjurer :)

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
Moonscar01 wrote:
Has anyone else but me fought the secret boss in Marleybone in Katzenstein's Lab to get a Pixie pet?

Once you get to Katzenstein himself, take a left and go through a doorway to outside. You need to get crates and planks and make a bridge to fight a secret boss that look like the Potbelly Golem or whatever it's called.

Don't you mean Smogger?

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Moonscar01 wrote:

I think the one with the card retired. I don't know about the one without the card.
OK, so for rarest pet, i think it's the Minotaur pet. I haven't seen a lot of people with it.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2011
maxiummumdarkness wrote:

you get the myth sprite from Rattle Bones in Unicorn Way i've tested and it seems that you'll have better luck getting as long as your not a myth wizard... :| which is in all senses weird oh well hope you found this helpful.

sincerly,Megan DrakeHeart
8) GrandMaster, Myth Wizard
i got a myth sprite 8)