Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best pets and where to find them.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
:-) So far, the rarest ones I have are a life troll, two myth sprites and one midnight sprite. The midnight sprite gives me a dark sprite card which is useless seing as I am lv30.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I've heard you can get pets from the jade Oni and Death oni in Ms from a friend. I'm Sorry, but I dont know what. If you find out please tell me!

-Cath

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
lucavee99 wrote:
:-) So far, the rarest ones I have are a life troll, two myth sprites and one midnight sprite. The midnight sprite gives me a dark sprite card which is useless seing as I am lv30.

For reasons unknown (finished the game and bored) do you remember where you got the Midnight Sprite? LOL I need a good goal to farm for...

Taryn Dragonsong

Oh and P.S.
Rattlebones can sometimes give Life Scarab I think...

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
lucavee99 wrote:
how do you get a myth sprite?

and i am realy sure that i'm an adept, but ok.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
The rarest dropped pets are probably the Spider Golem and Seraph, they both come from Kensington Park.

Probably the "best" pet in the game (as of now) is the Sea Dragon, no "selfish" talents, all talents are "generic" (good for ALL schools, not just one) 12,500 crowns in the crownshop, only bad thing is that it is kinda goofy lookin'. So train it up and use it for hatching with a pet you like.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
af6at wrote:
The rarest dropped pets are probably the Spider Golem and Seraph, they both come from Kensington Park.

Probably the "best" pet in the game (as of now) is the Sea Dragon, no "selfish" talents, all talents are "generic" (good for ALL schools, not just one) 12,500 crowns in the crownshop, only bad thing is that it is kinda goofy lookin'. So train it up and use it for hatching with a pet you like.

I got the Sea Dragon from fighting the storm lord, but he's not really got any talents yet.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Taryn, You can get the midnight fairy from Lord Nightshade. The myth fairy came from Rattlesbones. I need to farm Rattlesbones and get the myth fairy for my myth wizard. I got a deathbat from the death oni and another firebat from defeating the Gurtok Barrier Demon.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2011
Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Cathrine87 wrote:
I've heard you can get pets from the jade Oni and Death oni in Ms from a friend. I'm Sorry, but I dont know what. If you find out please tell me!

-Cath

From Death Oni:
Dire Ghoul
Leprechaun
Myth Ghoul

From Jade Oni:
Jade Oni (Pet)

Cuthalla(Stormriven, CL):
Spinyfish

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
tweetybird18428 wrote:
Taryn, You can get the midnight fairy from Lord Nightshade. The myth fairy came from Rattlesbones. I need to farm Rattlesbones and get the myth fairy for my myth wizard. I got a deathbat from the death oni and another firebat from defeating the Gurtok Barrier Demon.

Okay thanks :-D

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
Cathrine87 wrote:

-Cath

From Death Oni:
Dire Ghoul
Leprechaun
Myth Ghoul

From Jade Oni:
Jade Oni (Pet)

Spinyfish

I have farmed Jade oni for a very long time. spent lots of crowns on his chest and NEVER once got a jade oni pet from him. KI does he still drop the pet or no?

ellie

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Delver
Apr 10, 2010
There's the hidden boss in Katz's Lab that drops a fairy queen pet too. 8)

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010

you get the myth sprite from Rattle Bones in Unicorn Way i've tested and it seems that you'll have better luck getting as long as your not a myth wizard... :| which is in all senses weird oh well hope you found this helpful.

sincerly,Megan DrakeHeart
8) GrandMaster, Myth Wizard

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Thanks for the info! I haven't farmed for it yet but I will soon. I'll try different wizards until I get it.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
You can't really "get" this any hwere but I heard if you breed 2 unicorns together theres a chance you can get a rainbow unicorn :-)

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Thanks so much! I'll go try it out.

SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
Cathrine87 wrote:

-Cath

From Death Oni:
Dire Ghoul
Leprechaun
Myth Ghoul

From Jade Oni:
Jade Oni (Pet)

Spinyfish

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010

I have never heard of a rainbow Unicorn but I think that is a great idea. If anyone knows this to be a fact I would like to know please. If it isn't maybe KI will consider making that mix in the future. That would be an awesome pet.
:D

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
Well i dont know... All i know lord nightsahde-Midnight Sprite Rattlebones-Myth Sprite

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
best pets- depends on what school you are, but the very best are hatched ones usually - at least for me, sea dragon a great on for attributes also

my best pet--hmm - so far that be my fire's Marley, a nightmare

Marley gives her meteor card of course, but after hmm maybe 3 generations? she does spritely, she fire blades, and gives to pips

her hatched "sister" is a fierce hound, who does not give a meteor card but does all the rest like Marley

both my fire's have been lucky to have great pets - heck it will be hard for the new lev 58 pets to try and replace them LOL

keira of many legends

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
I found a death ninja pig in mooshu one of the dungeons from a fire boss you dont have to do in a war zone 8)

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
af6at wrote:

af6at is right. But you can get the Sea Dragon is a drop from Astraeus in the Trial of the Spheres when you level up.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
well i got impatient with some of the pet drops, and just let em be. i did get the blue ghost from akilies and also the salamander thing and a heck hound from a store in krok, but right now im workin on gettin the banshee from nightshade. if any one knows somin i dont please post it, me a pet collector

Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
af6at wrote:

Wait...............
Did you just say SEA DRAGON?
i got him from a card pack! Wow i never knew he was THAT good. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I have a Krokomummy pet that I got from some dungeon in Krokotopia that gives a Krokumummy spell (375 fire damage, three pips) at ancient. I also have some Krok pet that I got from Meowiarty that gives the spell Krok or whatever that does 315 balance damage for three pips and gives it a baby.
Also, I have some pet that I think is called Black Widow Spider or something that I got as a drop on the streets of Marleybone. It gives the Death spell Poison at ancient. All these pets are particularly good at the point where you get them at the game and even afterwards are still useful.
Some of the best pets that you can get are from your instructors, however, with their spell quests at levels forty-eight and fifty-eight. My trusty adult Wraith has helped me in many tight spots before.
Then there are pets that you get from hatching. I have heard that Grimzilla (Stormzilla + Wraith) is quite good. Also, no crown pets that I know of produce Hybrids, so hatching it with any pet might land you your very own Jade Oni. I got my Sea Dragon, Lillie in that way. However, hatching with a crowns pet costs more gold then you think (around forty thousand for the Sea Dragon.)