Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Voodoo Magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Don't you think that Wizard 101 should totally cash in on the whole idea of Voodoo magic. It has its own style and it definitely could lead to some awesome if not powerful spells for higher level wizards. Even if it was accompanied with a Bayou, swampy like area.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Okay let me start by saying I like the idea. It would open the door for some cool spells, but I can tell you something- they wouldn't do it. Not because it's a bad idea, but you have to consider that in some parts of the world, Voodoo is a practiced religion. For example, if someone suggested a spell called "Holy Water" to dispel the Vampire spell, that would get shot down in about 0.000000000002 seconds
In short, good idea, kudos, but don't get your hopes up

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
sunsword44 wrote:
Okay let me start by saying I like the idea. It would open the door for some cool spells, but I can tell you something- they wouldn't do it. Not because it's a bad idea, but you have to consider that in some parts of the world, Voodoo is a practiced religion. For example, if someone suggested a spell called "Holy Water" to dispel the Vampire spell, that would get shot down in about 0.000000000002 seconds

Totally have to agree with this guy. It's a great idea but voodoo is a religion still in use, and a misunderstood one at that. Voodoo isn't actually some evil dark art, it's (correct me if I'm wrong) a religion based dead ancestors. However, Wizard101 takes the normal stereotype of voodoo and applies it to necromancy. Keep trying though! A good imagination is the key to this stuff! :D

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Cbot420 wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:

Totally have to agree with this guy. It's a great idea but voodoo is a religion still in use, and a misunderstood one at that. Voodoo isn't actually some evil dark art, it's (correct me if I'm wrong) a religion based dead ancestors. However, Wizard101 takes the normal stereotype of voodoo and applies it to necromancy. Keep trying though! A good imagination is the key to this stuff! :D

Just wanted to say you're totally right on the "dead ancestors" thing. (i've done way too much research on the topic for my own good :? )
Taryn.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
I know, also I just noticed that the Grendels in Grizzleheim also do Voodoo like magic when they attack.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Great idea! I also think the Voodoo Wizards should be either Witchdoctors or Gypsys (Witchdoctors for boys, Gypsys for girls.)