Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what am I supposed to do in Malistaire's Lair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
I just got the quest to "Explore Malistaire's Lair in Malistairs Lair, but im not sure how to do this.
can somebody walk me through how to complete this quest, and anymore quests that come after that?
I've helped friends with this before, but I don't know how to complete this.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Explore Malistaire's Lair takes you to the Final Count down quest in which you fight the big guy. All you need to do is enter the dungeon. After which you can proceed to fight the ice and fire guys, than turn on the ports (if that is still a requirement. they made changes to this since I last did it).
Than you fight the guards to open the doors, after which the death guys and then the Big Guy himself.

Once you have completed this, you are on your way to CL.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
First, you need to use your BattleDrake to get to Malistaire's Lair.

Inside, you battle various opponents, including the two Gurtok's.

You need to activate the crystal to open the first door. I haven't been in there for a few months, but my understanding is that when they removed the timers, they reduced the number of crystals to one. If there are still three, then all three need to be activated.

Then, you need to defeat the two Guards to get the next door open. Once again, the timer is gone, and you can solo these if you wish.

Inside that door is Malistaire and company. You need to defeat four enemies, sit through a long dialog between Malistaire, Sylvia, and Cyrus, then fight Malistaire and three cronies.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I did notice that there is not a quest helper in that particular dungeon showing you the way. I wish they would change that. I ran around in circles for ever trying to figure it out!

Survivor
Mar 15, 2010
Yeah, I'm in M. L. right now, but I still have like, no clue whatsoever what's going on so I have two level 50's helping me. It's confusing.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
When you enter, your will have to walk down the hall, go across, avoiding combat is very possible (also the book is here), go through the door, and come out one level different, where you fight two sets of enemies (if you are lucky you can sneak by), then go through another door, to the elevator. Once you get there, fight the two Gurtoks, then flip the single switch (which of course you have to take the side passage to, then return...see above for the rest.

Always best to take someone who knows the place, as it can be confusing to say the least.

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
splotch7637 wrote:
I just got the quest to "Explore Malistaire's Lair in Malistairs Lair, but im not sure how to do this.
can somebody walk me through how to complete this quest, and anymore quests that come after that?
I've helped friends with this before, but I don't know how to complete this.

I am warning you, this place is no joke. here's what you need to have:

1. First, take away your quest helper because its no use

2.Enter with three other people with you who know what to do

3.Avoid battle as much as possible because thier is a chance of not entering battle

4.Enter with three full potion bottles

5. "I DEFEATED MALISTARE" sais splotch7637

Warnings:
1: This place is really hard
2: It is maze if you look at my prospective of the lair
3:You do not need to fight and kill everyone in the lair. If you do you will have a chance of dieing and you will have to redo the dongeon.For example, in the dongeon, after you go up the elevator you will have two bosses to face. An Ice helephant, and a Fire helephant, forget about the Ice one and go face the fire one. The Ice one is a destraction.
4: Stick close to the sidewalks. You will get sidewalks later on in the dongeon.

Yes, it is really complicated.
Hope this helped
Hunter WildHorn
Lvl 52 pyromancer

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
Here is what you can do to do the dungeon quickly.
I did not do this dungeon but i know some tips.
Plz reply if this does not work.
This also works with counterweight west and east.
Have one person go in a fight and then go around the fight.
once you get to Malistair, no way to get past.
Hope this works.
Jonathan Goldstone, In ms and gh
Bye everyone

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
first of all good job! next you go on the battledrake go through the door to the dungeon then fight all the guys but its tricky you dont have a map!after that look for a door then fight inside there go up the elevator.then you find this place with helephants fight then find the crystal thingy.activate that go in the crown of fire and there is MALISTARE

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
you dont have to fight any of the enemies in malistare's lair exept for the gurtoks ( sry for the spelling mistake ) outside the entrace to where you fight him the undead wizards the decaying blackguard and malistare himself.

p.s the only reason you fight the too gurtoks and blackguard is to open the two doors that lead to the place where you fight malistare.all the other enemies are not required to fight but try your best to avoid them as much as possible.

p.s.s before you actually fight malistare you have to fight four undead wizards to make him fight you.