Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

efreet quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
i need to do the efreet quest but I cant do it they have to much life is it true that you need to have some sort of minion or henchmen thanks

Historian
May 01, 2010
ok here was my lineup when i went on the quest(got it first time XD)
first take out the minion(if you have good gear a bladed helephant would do nicely)
then bring out
1 ice henchmen:he taunts them occasinally does damage etc. etc.
1 fire henchmen(helps in damage)
and your minion.(deals damage occasianally heals, shields yada yada yada)

and also, if you didnt already know, he has a cheat with blades. when i went there, i just ignored that cheat.(if you have a taunting henchmen then you can, if not, then dont use blades/shields/traps.)
so keep on wittling down his points until you win (a couple treasure reshuffles wont hurt i think you can get them at the wc library or the archivist)
hope i helped

Scot Soulhammer-legendary pyromancer
if used correctly, fire can overcome any oppoment

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
raymond21red wrote:
i need to do the efreet quest but I cant do it they have to much life is it true that you need to have some sort of minion or henchmen thanks

I fought the boss with no henchman. While I won't say what spells I used, I will say this:

I won the battle the first time around, with minimal loss of health. I used two damage spells (the same one twice). I used no feint, no traps, and no boost other that what is in my Level 55 crafted robe and hat. One spell hit critical, the other did not. Battle time: 20 minutes.

It was extremely satisfying.

Scarlet

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
ok here was my lineup when i went on the quest(got it first time XD)
first take out the minion(if you have good gear a bladed helephant would do nicely)
then bring out
1 ice henchmen:he taunts them occasinally does damage etc. etc.
1 fire henchmen(helps in damage)
and your minion.(deals damage occasianally heals, shields yada yada yada)

and also, if you didnt already know, he has a cheat with blades. when i went there, i just ignored that cheat.(if you have a taunting henchmen then you can, if not, then dont use blades/shields/traps.)
so keep on wittling down his points until you win (a couple treasure reshuffles wont hurt i think you can get them at the wc library or the archivist)
hope i helped

Scot Soulhammer-legendary pyromancer
if used correctly, fire can overcome any oppoment

Sorry to bust your bubble, but not all of us *points at self* have crowns. THOUGH i have beaten sothmecth and it was e-z in my opini0on

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I used one henchman, the level 60 Life henchman, and did just fine. I didn't even worry about his cheats--for me, being able to use blades and shields was well worth the inconvenience of having his traps be used on me.

After about the first 5-6 rounds, he runs out of power pips and the battle is much more manageable. You just need to get through that first rough stage, so be sure you have plenty of healing and defensive spells available to you.

I probably didn't need the Life henchman, because I started out solo and did quite well. However, at the point where I realized I was running out of time, I decided to hurry things up. I spent some crowns for the level 60 Life henchwoman so I could focus on damage and end the battle sooner. (I had a time limit imposed by "real life." In hindsight, I should have started the Efreet battle at a different time.)

If you don't have crowns, or don't want to use paid henchmen, be sure to carry a couple of your minion cards and use your minion early. You also might look into buying a non-fire minion, such as the Life minion, or a Storm minion, as treasure cards. They can really help with either healing or taunting and drawing damage away from you.

Be sure to use shields, even though they will trigger his "cheats." Be sure to take out the helper henchman as quickly as you can--ideally within 1-3 rounds (faster is best). One-shot him with a Helephant. Heal. Then start putting on your blades and using shields. Pull out your minion after taking out his helper.

Keep a few healing cards handy. Also, use the Power Link spell with rings and athames that boost your healing ability as much as possible. Train for the Treeant Polymorph and keep a few of those in your deck as well. Train for a reshuffle and use a smaller spell deck so you can get the spells you need, when you need them. And keep using shields to protect yourself.

The battle will be long, but it is manageable after the earliest rounds if you have the right spells at hand.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010