Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Gear

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I'm just now starting to craft my critical gear on my 2 legendary wizards. I finished CL on both without them - but I hope to improve my battles/ game play overall.

So here's my question... if there are bosses out there that have critical block, and it offsets my critical hit - doesn't that defeat the purpose of having critical gear? And I wonder if the next world will be all critical based.

Wish there was gear that had a good balance of critical and damage...
Do you guys keep 2 sets of gear?
Thoughts anyone?

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 60 death
Nora SeaStone lvl 30 storm
Ellie WinterBane lvl 17 ice

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
Thats part of what is confusing about the new combat system. I understand that its based on a five hundred point system and the measly value you get when you get legendary (the best i can come up with is 130) makes it feel like more sadistic than a challenge and then when you top it off with immunities makes it seem hardly worth while.
Sure if you get four people together then you stand a chance to win any fight, unfortunately those for people are the ones that are begging for help and then you delete them because when you get to that part then they are too busy to help. and then wait for hours for someone to come along that dont mind if you go in with them, or get bored and get beat for something to do.
I guess the ones that really like it are the ones that get people to help them fight but too busy to help back later. And i guess the new combat system looks good on spread sheets
Well, Just because wizard101 is a mmo doesnt mean its full of people that want to help thats just the way most people are and its hard to get with someone you can rely on cause not everybody gets on the same times every day.. And just because it looks good on a spread sheet doesnt make it playably fun because it isnt the spread sheet that plays the game, people do.
So, when you get into crafting most the times the high number of ingredients they place on equipment make it sort of a lost cause because by the time you get all the stuff for it makes the time you need it for seem anti climatic. Should crafting especially clothes be a challenge that when you finally get all the stuff for it you dont need it? or why not level up gear that when you go through an area at a certain level that you stand a chance that when you get to the next level its actually worth the time to get what little stuff you need to have appropriate lvl clothes for the next area you are going into?
IDK but you do have a point in whats the point in that when you get the recipe you really dont need the stuff when you get done crafting it.

Anyways, thats my thoughts.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Personally, I think critical hits are nice, but since most of the boss's will block any critical hit, I focus on a higher critical block, because the same boss's will hit with critical. I'd prefer to block a critical hit and stay alive!

Rogan Firehammer

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Thanks for the thoughts.

Well whether in a group or solo, helping someone or farming, whatever the case may be - I just wanted to up my game.

I crafted and equipped my death with the new robe and shoes. Took it for a test drive helping some people and I did hit critical almost always without the use of vengeance. So I'm happy about that. And I'll probably craft the hat too, but may use as spare equipment - we'll see. I'll have to try a cl dungeon or the pylon bosses. I want to see how this works for the boss critical blocks.