Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop rates near impossible

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
I was just wondering about how frequently certain things drop from bosses. I am trying to get the fire robes from the Jade Oni and have now fought him about 40 some times and still have not gotten the robes. I used the chest like 8 times still didn't get anything and was even getting repeats from the chest. I am also having the same problem getting the life blade from Oyotomi who I have fought now almost 40 some times as well.

Is this normal or is it glitchy? Seriously it should have dropped by now! Especially the life blade which isn't even in my school.

Community Leader
Funkii4710 wrote:
I was just wondering about how frequently certain things drop from bosses. I am trying to get the fire robes from the Jade Oni and have now fought him about 40 some times and still have not gotten the robes. I used the chest like 8 times still didn't get anything and was even getting repeats from the chest. I am also having the same problem getting the life blade from Oyotomi who I have fought now almost 40 some times as well.

Is this normal or is it glitchy? Seriously it should have dropped by now! Especially the life blade which isn't even in my school.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I do know they drop though. I just battled the Jade Oni a few times the other day and won the fire robe and my friend won the jade oni pet. It is just pure luck. I remember it took me 3 weeks to get my death robe from Malistare and the wraith statue took me for ever. If I don't get what I am looking for after about 10 battles I go try for something else then came back later to that item.

Don't worry you will get it.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Boss drops can be as low as 4%, and possibly lower. That means that you'll get what you want about once in 25 times. Since each drop is random, you could get the same thing three times in a row or not for 100+ battles.

Here's a hint: Never use a given Crowns chest more often than once per 24 hours. It costs 50 Crowns the first time, and it goes up 50 more Crowns each additional time. The chances of you getting what you want are the same on the first try as on the 40th. By limiting yourself to one try per-day for any specific chest, you save Crowns and also give yourself a better chance of eventually winning the item in battle. It will probably take a lot longer to get it this way, but you save money, and you'll manage for a few days without having that item.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Thank you I didn't know that, I was under the assumption that the chests could not generate the same object twice, but I learned the hard way that that was not true.

Still trying to get the robes, I have now fought the Jade Oni about 50+ times to no success whatsoever. I have a monthly subscription so I think I might have to end up skipping it just because I don't want to keep wasting time farming for something that I don't have any idea I will get.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Some people go through hundreds of battles without getting what they want. The problem is that even though you've missed 50 times, there's no guarantee that you'll get it now.

You can buy the Cloak of the Firebird in the Bazaar. It has the same Health, Power, and Defense, but without the 3% accuracy.