Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispels not costing target pips?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
It would appear in the most recent update that all DISPELS were changed. Now when a target is dispelled, thier spell still fizzle but they are not losing the pips cost to cast the spell used.

This means that dispels are 2 pip cost, school specfici Black Mantles, 100% Auto Fizzles against the target school.

Was this change intended or an over-sight?

Thank you.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I hope this was an oversight - the strenght of Dispels was that they would remove pips from the target. I know of quite a few minions that will be extremely dangerous if they don't lose their pips after being dispelled.

Not to mention that dispels can easily be removed with a 0-pip spell, which, in my mind, makes them more of a "Force Wasted Turn" spell (unless your opponent has a strong spell of a different school, in which case you're in trouble) - if they merely work as a 100% fizzle for a specific school, I believe people would be better off investing their training points in a stun spell.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Oh no, no way! Has it really been changed to not take away pips?

Please don't do that KI, of all the things...

Hero
May 02, 2009
I hope not either. We need the dispels to take away pips, especially in pve (as if briskbreeze and the warehouse wasn't clarity enough).
So I hope this is just a bug and not a permanent feature, cause that would be a major inconvenience a well as a major pain in the butt.

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
Rejoice !!!

They fixed it in the patch last night !!! Woah !!!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Based on what darthjt told me, this was a glitch with the life dispel that will be fixed.