Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold Pearls in Celestia

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
I am trying to make the Seal of the Seven Seas Amulet. I can't find Gold Pearls, Sun Stones, or Sand Stones. Any one have any ideas where and/or how to get these items. Thanks.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
You can get Golden Pearls from regular Pearls. Most of the pearls are found in the underwater areas of Celestia. The best place to harvest pearls is in the Portico area of the Lunarium. There are 2 spawn sites in there, but because it is an instance, you don't have to keep changing realms or compete with other crafters. Just simply exit the dungeon at the entrance and re-enter. All the reagents will respawn.

As for Sandstone and Sunstone...You can transmute tons of regular stone to sandstone then to Sunstone. Also, some bosses drop both sandstone and sunstone.

If you garden, you can plant Maelstrom Snapdragons. I have gotten all three of those reagents from those plants.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
superluther wrote:
You can get Golden Pearls from regular Pearls. Most of the pearls are found in the underwater areas of Celestia. The best place to harvest pearls is in the Portico area of the Lunarium. There are 2 spawn sites in there, but because it is an instance, you don't have to keep changing realms or compete with other crafters. Just simply exit the dungeon at the entrance and re-enter. All the reagents will respawn.

As for Sandstone and Sunstone...You can transmute tons of regular stone to sandstone then to Sunstone. Also, some bosses drop both sandstone and sunstone.

If you garden, you can plant Maelstrom Snapdragons. I have gotten all three of those reagents from those plants.

Actually, there are 4 pearl/golden peral spawn sites...
First room on the right, first room on the left, outside area second left, and behind the rubble pile to the left of the entrance.

You should be able to collect enough for the craftiung quest in about 25 runs (or less).

Sandstone/sunstone...I camp out in the bazaar for them just after school lets out. Many of the younger players don't craft, so they sell for profit.

Defender
May 25, 2009
superluther wrote:

Ooh, so close. Actually, there are 4 spawn points in the Portico: Left and right staircase down, through the hole, between farthest pillars from the door, One behind the huge sandpile straight when you go forward from the door, and one at the staircase on the left, next to the unactive protector, under the stairs.

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
i farm Portico (moon dungeon) for the pearls...
you will find AT LEAST 2 pearls...
can get 2-6 regular, or 1-2 golden (my experience)
and i get my sun-/sandstones from bosses in Chancel (lots of gold too) and trial of spheres...
happy framing x)

Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
OK it seems to be very unclear so let's set this straight :) There are four spawn locations for the pearls in the Portico. HOWEVER, you only get two of them every time you enter. So once you identify those four areas, you can look them up until you've found 2 pearls and then leave :). It is a good time to farm for golden pearls from the pearls since they made them more common in the new update, and they also added black pearls. :) Before the update i was getting one golden pearl for every 80ish pearls, since the update I have been getting one for about every 10 pearls which is a GREAT ratio. If you don't need the pearls you can also transmute them for more golden pearls (15ea).

As for sandstone and sunstone, you pretty much got the best advice already. I crafted the whole 55+ storm gear and needed 15 sunstones and 13 sandstones. I just bought them all at the bazaar. Make sure you have A LOT of money though if you do that. Sun stones go for 3500ea and sandstones for 675 (goes down if someone sells a few of them at a time) and they go really fast! If you want to loot them I think fighting any eels will give you a shot at them! :)

Happy crafting!

Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
i found all mines in stormriven hall. there are 4 spawn sites. dont get me wrong, it takes a while to do, i hit all sites and switch realms and do it again, over and over. its harder than some actual quest, but it can be done.

-legendary sorcerer-

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
saphirathedragon wrote:
superluther wrote:

Ooh, so close. Actually, there are 4 spawn points in the Portico: Left and right staircase down, through the hole, between farthest pillars from the door, One behind the huge sandpile straight when you go forward from the door, and one at the staircase on the left, next to the unactive protector, under the stairs.

Yes everyone is right. There are FOUR spawn points, but only TWO pearls will manifest at those sites. That is what I originally meant. Sorry for the confusion.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
melsindian wrote:
I am trying to make the Seal of the Seven Seas Amulet. I can't find Gold Pearls, Sun Stones, or Sand Stones. Any one have any ideas where and/or how to get these items. Thanks.

I recently spent a few hours farming in Stormraven Hall for pearls and golden pearls. I picked up enough to fund the Seal of the Seven Seas Amulet for three of my wizards. I also ended up with hundreds of kelp and other items.

- Using the map for Stormraven Hall start on the right side of the map – a good place for pearl and wooden chest and two places for kelp
- Cross the bridge for kelp near the wall and follow the wall next to the gorge to another pearl
- Run past the Kraken ruins – along the bottom of the map – to pick up wooden chests, silver chest, kelp, shells, etc. Wooden and silver chests will also provide pearls, golden pearls, black pearls, and black lotus along with other items including Treasure Cards.

The route takes about one minute – which is great if you are farming and jumping realms. Do the reverse in the next realm. The route looks like a “S” – from the right side of the map to the bottom of the map.

Sorry, if the directions are confusing – would like to include a copy of the map and route – but I am unable to do that in this forum.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
Ok, Where do you find the vendor that has the recipe for turning pearls into gold pearls? Thanks for all the help.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
melsindian wrote:
Ok, Where do you find the vendor that has the recipe for turning pearls into gold pearls? Thanks for all the help.

Celestia - The Floating Island - Water-Mole Village - Kimba Kalla (the Treasure Card Recipe seller located on the dock). He sells 20 transmute recipes including pearl and golden pearl.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Keep in mind that if you farm the Portico, the reagents may not necesarily be in the same place twice. And once you get what's there, you have to leave the way you came in, or it won't reset for you.

You get 2 pearls, 2 kelps, 1 wooden chest and 1 shell there, plus whatever extras they may throw in. If you battle with the enemies that are there, sometimes you get decent drops. I personally don't care to do the whole quest, just the reagent run. Look in that whole outside area before you leave, or you may miss something good.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
melsindian wrote:

the easiest to find is probably "AVERY TEMPLETON", he's at the CL base camp near the Survey Camp gate. just hit the reagent tab to get all the transmute cards. the golden pearl one should be on the 3rd page.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I farm the Lunarium/Portico for pearls. I don't usually just get two spawn sites each time I enter, though. I often hit three pearls, several kelp, a wooden chest, and at least two shells. I generally get an aether, a golden pearl, and a couple of black pearls, in addition to 3-6 white pearls in each instance.

IDK why, but it seems that if I wait a minute between exiting and re-entering the Portico I get a better harvest.

Scarlet Ravensong, GM Artisan Pyromancer