Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Levels and Gear

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
For anyone who takes great care into maximizing certain stats with the best gear possible for whatever their levels are, it might be interesting to note some of the strange choices for our specific schools and the gear boosts that are presented at different levels.

I'm not talking about comparing gear from one art with the other. Rather I'm talking about the stuff in your own particular craft. Be you a balance myth death or whatever, have you come across lower level gear that was actually better than higher level gear?

I've seen a level 20 hat that would give me 5% resist, 2% attack and 80 health for my school. Then I've seen a similar hat at level 25 but would only give me 80 health. No one in their right mind would pass on the stat boosts in level 20!

What's with the stats on low-mid level gear? Any other examples out there?
So far, crown gear seems to be the best way to go for lower, or rather, any level wizard.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
well its simple, the better hat in your example must obviously be more rare.

Crowns gear is always reasonable at all levels...but i disagree that its always best. For straight passive bonuses rare drop items are often much better than the crowns gear...and usually I think the spell that crowns gear gives you is fairly worthless. My main only uses 2 peices of crowns gear now and the rest is boss drops that are simply better than any crowns gear he could get.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
CorbinW wrote:

What's with the stats on low-mid level gear? Any other examples out there?
So far, crown gear seems to be the best way to go for lower, or rather, any level wizard.

Crowns gear is only better up to level 20, except for Balance, which has spells that use all of the elemental schools. At level 20, you'll find that the best school gear has better stats.

As for your example, you'll find something better at every 5th level. The Bazaar holds basically whatever the enemies drop that isn't "No Auction." You can find a wide variety of quality at any level.