Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance is to powerful, really?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
Listen to all you people who complain:
#1 Judgement, Spectral Blast, and Ra are Balance's most powerful spells in fact they are our only good spells.
#2 It takes a while to build enough pips while putting balanceblade, Bladestorm, Hex, Feint, and then summoning Judgement.
#3 Ever heard of tower shield and unbalance
So next time you go like "oh poor me i suck in pvp and i lost to a balance so that means balance is to powerful" go to your room and play with your raddle. I am a legendary balance and i find it hard to pvp. The highest i ever went was Knight. :(

Jonathan Walker lvl 60 Balance
Jonathan Lifehunter lvl 42 Death
Jonathan Storm lvl 7 Storm

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
This is true, but people don;t complain about balance anymore. The reason why you still see threads are because people like posting on them, so in a way they are constantly being bumped.

Now people complain about ice not balance.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
irishjonny wrote:
Listen to all you people who complain:
#1 Judgement, Spectral Blast, and Ra are Balance's most powerful spells in fact they are our only good spells.
#2 It takes a while to build enough pips while putting balanceblade, Bladestorm, Hex, Feint, and then summoning Judgement.
#3 Ever heard of tower shield and unbalance
So next time you go like "oh poor me i suck in pvp and i lost to a balance so that means balance is to powerful" go to your room and play with your raddle. I am a legendary balance and i find it hard to pvp. The highest i ever went was Knight. :(

Jonathan Walker lvl 60 Balance
Jonathan Lifehunter lvl 42 Death
Jonathan Storm lvl 7 Storm

Jonny,

I'm level 60 Ice and Level 56 Balance, and my Ice has wins against Balance about 50% of the time. I have no issue with Balance, Fire, Storm, Myth or Life, what I have trouble with is Death. Skeleton Dragon when Boosted and they drop Feint(s), is real damage. When I see all the complaints on Life, Balance, and Ice, I just laugh. Death is the real Power house, once it hits' level 58..... no doubt about it.

JosephLionHunter,
Level 60 Ice.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I think Balance is one of the weaker schools, after Storm then Fire and Myth. The highest rank I have gotten with a Balance in PvP is Commander, and that's only because at lvl 10 she used the Hydra pet, then Polymorphs when CL came out. :P I have a Level 60 Balance, and the highest I have gotten on her is Knight. Just because we are Balance doesnt mean we are awesome in PvP. Yes, Judgement is awesome, I have died many times to it. As the maker of this thread said, get UnBalance or Tower Shields

Kristen lvl 60 Balance
Kristen StormSword lvl 42 Storm
Destiny DawnBreaker lvl 15 Death
Rylee MythCaster lvl 14 Myth
Rylee IceCaster lvl 1 Ice
Kristen MoonSong lvl 2 Life

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
This is true, but people don;t complain about balance anymore. The reason why you still see threads are because people like posting on them, so in a way they are constantly being bumped.

Now people complain about ice not balance.

So true.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Ice is not overpowered it just has a lot of health but there attack isnt that good. Balance is not overpowered etheir, do people see how many times balance wizards pass it gives you a chance to attack them hard then when they attack you barely hang on and can knock them out sometimes. I even one hit K.Oed my friend who is ice and were the same level so no class is overpowered and i'm glad you made this thread becuase its about time people learn to stop complaining and grow up!

Aaron Drakewalker Level 35
Fire wizard Secondary class:Balance

My goal is to become one of the strongest pyromancers in the spiral.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
flarzedrago9 wrote:
Ice is not overpowered it just has a lot of health but there attack isnt that good. Balance is not overpowered etheir, do people see how many times balance wizards pass it gives you a chance to attack them hard then when they attack you barely hang on and can knock them out sometimes. I even one hit K.Oed my friend who is ice and were the same level so no class is overpowered and i'm glad you made this thread becuase its about time people learn to stop complaining and grow up!

Nobody is overpowered, some people just can't handle loosing. Yeah, I'm terrible at PVP and I loose to a lot of Ice people... Doesn't make Ice overpowered. It just means that the person playing as an Ice wizard is a smarter PVP player than I am, it's as simple as that. It's the same for everyone else who wins or looses at PVP. Either you won or you didn't, and you need to quit attributing your losses to one school being overpowered.

In short, I agree with flarezdrago9.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Balance can still be annoying but ice is the worst in pvp at the moment.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
Lion359, a tower shield is the easy solution to death, what I find to be the most annoying is a storm with a tempest deck. Before you know it, they use tempest for 1,500 damage, and then do it all over again. I think either myth or fire is the worst, because they have nothing exclusive about them, they are just balanced. They do not do a high amount of damage like storm, cant shield like ice, cant heal like death and life, etc. In my opinion, they just aren't that good.

Alex Frostblade, level 48 thaumaturge

Survivor
May 10, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Ice is definitely overpowered. Snow angel does like 100 more damage than storm lord! Add up health, about 4000, about 37 resist to every school, 28% ice damage, 60 critical rating ( about 10% ) 30 critical block rating ( about 7% ) & 9% ice accuracy. Plus they get a healing boost from ring & athame. WAY overpowered. The last attack was 475 to all enemies + stun. KI just gave ice 300 more damage just for one more pip!!!!

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
All of these conversations about Ice in PvP really come down to a steep learning curve and a sudden necessity to view Ice as a seriously powerful school. That's hard, since the general view has been that Ice is slow and steady, but relatively weak in attack. The change in Thaumaturgy's status in PvP is due to the new magic Thaumaturges bring back from Celestia, and the new gear boosts that accompany the new level cap. All of the schools have new skills and talents to be cultivated and explored by curious and innovative wizards :-)

For example, Life's level 58 spell, Forest Lord, gives Theurgists a real chance to do some damage, especially when boosted with critical, power pip chance, and big gear boost to damage AND heal magic. That's a tough adjustment for warlords who are accustomed to easy wins against Theurgists in PvP. It's probably a bit of an ego deflation for some very competitive PvP players, too.

Fire can be extremely effective with high accuracy, damage, power pip chance, and critical boosts. Efreet is devastating in PvP and boss battles, and added boost to 2ndary Life school heals makes a well prepared Pyromancer nearly impossible to kill. Add great health boost in crafted gear, a good critical rating and sun school spells to a Fire deck and you have a wizard to rival any seasoned Storm or Balance wizard/warlord. (I admit to some bias here, as my Pyromancer is my very best PvP character. I LOVE to take her into the arena!)

Ice wizards enjoy similar boosts to Fire wizards with the introduction of Sun, Aura, and Moon school spells. Again, health, damage, power pip chance and heal boosts in gear, and the beautiful level 58 spell, have made Thaumaturges much more challenging opponents in PvP. My Thaumaturge friends are very happy with their upgraded abilities. Ask an Ice wizard about his or her new skills, and the reply will be something like "EPIC!!!!!!!!!!".

IMHO, wizards need to sit back and think long and hard about effective strategies to win against the new magic and stats grandmaster and legendary wizards bring back from Celestia. 8)

Iridian, Scarlet, Rowan

Armiger
May 10, 2010
trevorking85 wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Ice is definitely overpowered. Snow angel does like 100 more damage than storm lord! Add up health, about 4000, about 37 resist to every school, 28% ice damage, 60 critical rating ( about 10% ) 30 critical block rating ( about 7% ) & 9% ice accuracy. Plus they get a healing boost from ring & athame. WAY overpowered. The last attack was 475 to all enemies + stun. KI just gave ice 300 more damage just for one more pip!!!!

Okay, some of your information is correct, while some is exaggerated. Let me correct you, so that all information is factual. Snow angel does 700 Damage 100 & 600/3 rounds, while Storm Lord does 695 damage. Ice has health in the 3600 range with the gear you have stated. Ice will also only have 72% pp chance with said gear and like you stated 28% ice damage. While storm has 65% storm damage, life, death, & balance have 54% damage boost and fire has 46% damage boost.

Now, if you check out my post on either "Are all schools really balanced in their power" or "Ice is Indeed OverPowered", I give an even better breakdown on ice and the differences between Pre-Celestia and Post-Celestia.

Also, the difference between frost giant and snow angel is not 300, it is 225, while frost giant stuns and snow angel Taunts!

Should we look at other schools effects and power and power boosts?

Anyways, the topic of this thread is Balance being overpowered, to which, as I have stated many times, the schools may not be perfectly balanced, since the only way for that to happen, is every school to have the exact same thing with the exact same spells.

We are allowed to pick and chose what we want for our characters, giving us a more individual feel for our characters, rather than all be exactly alike a the same level.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I agree- Balance is definitely the weakest class, and we are totally overpowered. Here are a few reasons why:

-Until level 35 or so, nothing we have does any real damage.

-Our balanceblade is only 25% (35% for other schools, and Bladestorm is 20%), and our shields are 50%- every other school gets 40% boosts from their blades and 70% for their shields. Same with those universal traps- ours are 30%, everyone else's are 70%- how is this fair? Still, if you can put up with shields (and getting creamed in PvP by people who are much lower-level than you) for a long-enough time, I've heard that it gets better. Supposedly.

-Our level 50 gear is a joke. In order to get any resistance at all, we have to take an over-150 cut to our health and mana- do the other schools have to do this, too?

-Speaking of resistance, I still don't understand how I'm supposed to get it- is this a crowns-only thing (I have them), or something, because the only school I can resist is my own.

-Sure, there is no shield against balance spells directly. But we have to a host of other problems, including (but definitely not limited to):

-NPCs, who abuse the weakness-trap.
-that tower-shield; it's not just for Ice mages anymore.
-Life wizards (they keep healing).
-Death wizards (suck everyone dry with those siphon-health spells).
-Myth wizards (strategy doesn't matter when that earthquake is infallible and wastes all of our shields/blades; how quickly we forget that balance is pretty much all shields/blades to begin with).
-Storm, fire, and ice (Elementalzilla, anyone?).

-The only really-good thing about Balance is the minion. Mr. Mander is, indeed, helpful- he traps, blades, shields, gives pips, and occasionally attacks with swarm or sandstorm. Bad thing is, anyone can take him out in one hit, since he only has 300 health.

-Our best spells are Ra, Judgment, Spectral Blast, Hydra, and Power Nova (in no particular order), but we don't even get those until we're well-over level 30. Someone once observed that "you don't have a lot of balance spells in your deck", and I was like, "well, Balance doesn't have a lot of spells".

-Heals. Enough said. What's the point of getting into PvP (or even regular combat), if some Life wizard pulls his 1200-point heal, with his many, many heal-boosts, and proceeds to smash you to bits? I had the guy down to less than 500 health, and then he started healing... He was back up to full health (2780, or something) in TWO ROUNDS. How is this fair? Our 490-point, 3-pip heal has nothing on these guys.

-Speaking of heals, necromancers being able to cut them in half is totally unfair- they should NOT be allowed to do that in PvP, period.

-

I realize that Life and Death are the most-powerful schools; they have to be, in order to play up the Malistaire/Sylvia Drake subplot, which wouldn't be so bad if our spells were as strong as theirs, but they aren't. Like, how am I going to beat Malistaire if, at level 50, I can't beat a level-38 necromancer in PvP? Something about this whole thing seems a little, pun intended, imbalanced.

If I could do this over, I would not choose Balance as a primary class- it just isn't strong enough, though it would be a great secondary school to something like Death or Storm. Curse you, silly entrance-test! I'd sic my judgment-fairy on you, but alas- I have no spells left, and that earthquake just stole all of my shields, so I am pretty defenseless.

Hanging in the balance,

Laura Shadowsong
Grandmaster Sorcerer