Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Consideration

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 24, 2009
Hello everyone. I'm here to weigh out the pro's and con's about Wizard101 at the moment.
Let's start from the beginning:
2009 of January:
This was about the time where Dragonspyre came out. I was extremely happy when this did, because I was still looking at the game to see if it had *blank* amount of content before I joined. As well as Dragonspyre, PvP came out. I found myself excited but a little hesitant for this, knowing it might put some strain on the community.
2009 of March-April
Shared bank was probably the best thing ever invented. I find myself wanting one thing from it though: The ability to trade gold. I've run out of gold on numerous characters without membership and found myself quite wishing for the gold trade.
I was very happy to see that voiceovers had arrived, for I wondered how Merle and especially Gamma would sound.
I also found myself VERY happy with the new spells. Mostly because they were all AoE's and AoA's.
2009-May-July
Castles and lands: I find myself missing the old dorm more and more. Castles and lands was quite the thing, though, I have seen many people do amazing things with this update, like Paige Moonshade over at Paige's Page. Still, I wish we had a possibility of reverting our dorms to the old ones-pay 20,000 gold. Then the same amount to get it back.
Grizzleheim: I was very happy to have this come out, for if I needed a break from Krokotopia side quests I had Grizzleheim. It was very refreshing.
The Bazaar: Probably the best thing ever, it made Gameplay easier as well as we had the ability to get rare pet snags, wands, and symbol gear without the ten thousand hours of farming.
Crafting: Probably not the best thing ingame, but something to do when you're bored.
2009-October-December
Mounts: The real thing that killed me, to be truthful. It started most of the "Cards for mounts!" scams. Despite the speed boost, people were constantly bragging and scamming.
Crowns Shop: In my opinion only, I hated it. I missed the old Astral gear, and seeing the stuff you can buy at the bazaar being bought for crowns-I felt as if Kingsisile was scamming us. But it was my thing only.
School Housing: I found this a very fun thing, I was particularly drawn to the Life House due to it's freedom-feel.
Advanced Petz
This was a neat thing.. but stressed friendships..
Celestia, Selena Gomez:
Selena: A funny and classic mini-adventure. That's all I can drop, other than the awesome preview of Celestia of lower levels.
Celestia: This annoyed me.
1. Where did the fashion people go? Seriously...
2. People were calling level 50 people who they once were "Noobs".
3. The crabs hated me. End of that story.

And recently, there has been the chat thing. I'm finding it more and more harder to talk to my friends who's parent's won't let their kids have membership with a credit card.
Oh, the Membership benifits.. it's not a good thing. There's crowns people who like to take the game at their own pace and who don't always have the time to play. To punish them for IRL events? It's just wrong.
I'm not exactly sure how I feel on all the events.
~Amber Rosepetal