Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Power pips and lvl.1 spell.

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Having started on my Storm wizard, I noticed something.

I had a power pip, and after casting a lvl.1 Thunder Snake, my power pip was completely consumed. A power pip counts for two pips for your school, no?

As trivial as a lvl. 1 spell soon becomes, it bothers me to know about it. Can this be fixed?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:

I had a power pip, and after casting a lvl.1 Thunder Snake, my power pip was completely consumed. A power pip counts for two pips for your school, no?

As trivial as a lvl. 1 spell soon becomes, it bothers me to know about it. Can this be fixed?

While it is true that power pips count as 2 pips toward spells of your class, they are still only one pip. If you cast a 1 pip spell, and the only pip you have is a power pip, it will get used.

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
Not a bug.

It's meant to encourage people to use their own school since power pips counts for 2 "in-school" and only 1 "out-of-school".

Also, the pips are not like a ten dollar bill; you don't get your change back. This adds strategical planning in casting order. If you see only a power pip and no white pips, then try to cast a 0-pip or 2-pip spell instead of 1-pip. Plan ahead.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:

Power pips don't give change if used, so one power pip would be completely consumed by either a 1-pip or 2-pip school spell, or a 1-pip non-school spell.

Defender
May 17, 2009
The power pip does count for 2 pips for your school. However, the pip doesn't break in half if you use it. Sometimes it is ok, others it isn't as much. It doesn't break because you could use other school spells more freely (a storm could use satyr without wasting 8-5 pips).

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
That actually makes sense. I am surprised I did not think more thoroughly about this.

Thank you guys for your help.