Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-4-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday again, and we all know what that means! Let's cut to the chase...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This will be another two-parter. Think about the spells available to you at your level, for your school. Let's start with the positive this week... which spells are ALWAYS in your deck (or always in your deck for certain circumstances), that you rely on heavily to defeat the big baddies in your way, and why?

Thanks as always for your input, looking forward to the discussion! Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
May 26, 2009
On my myth, I always have Minotaur in my deck because if your opponent casts a shield, Minotaur will blast through it and deal high damage at the same time. 8)

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
Hi, Professor! The spell that is always in my deck, that I rely the most heavily on, without a shadow of a doubt, is Pixie. Mostly because out of all the times that I was ever in a battle, Pixie has always been the spell that has saved the day, kept my wizard self alive, and given me time to set up to defeat the bad guy. :D

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I am a legendary fire wizard, so I have access to all fire spells. So, what spells are always in my deck that I rely on the most? Well, there are quite a few actually...
First of all, efreet! It's the strongest fire spell, and even puts down a 90% weakness! If I have to hit a single enemy hard, that's the spell I would always use.
Thats actually pretty much the only attack spell in my deck. I do have a few fire dragons though if there are multiple enemies...
Also, I have loads of blades to enhance my efreet. Lots of fire blades are in my deck, along with a few sets of elemental blades.
And, who could forget about gargantuan? It makes my efreet do over 1,000 damage BEFORE any blades are added, and with blades, it can do some mega damage. And, for even more power, there is one last card that I ALWAYS have in my deck: Feint. +70%! That makes my efreet do at least 1,000 more, because I always have a few blades on it. I don't use traps much, because they could always be removed, and they don't add on much damage. Of course, I am sure that other fire wizards have their decks set up different ways, but I find this way to set up a fire deck really awesome!

~Kevin Battlesword~
Legendary Fire Wizard

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
I always have: Colossus, Snow Angel, Ice Blade, Elemental Blade, and Frost Giant, oh and of course healing spells.

Circumstantial spells are: Blizzard, and Ice Minion.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
My go-to spell for my Balance wizard is Judgment. I love that spell, especially coupled with a blade and hex. :)

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Well right now I'm replaying with a new myth wizard, just going through everything again. At my level, 25 the spells that are always in my deck would be:

Wood puppet: I affectionately refer to it as just, "wood" because that's wht it is. This is a wonderful low level spell that really adds on the pressure to my enemies, whoever they may be. It is always firing off rounds so it can be seen as myth's damage over time spell. only it can go on forever if you don't touch it. It's so fragile!

Myth blades: for that extra boost when I can't attack right away
Frogs: nothing like acidic puke to melt your opponents...
Troll minion: Like playing with a fellow low level wizard with brute force.

Thing is, even with these spells I make tiny adjustments for whatever place I am in to fit the occasion. So all of these spells, at one time have been removed for short periods from my deck. Except maybe the puppet.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
on my fire wizard i always use meteor strike since i don't have fire dragon yet and with one enemy helephant is my go to spell and on my storm wizard i use storm lord to attack all and leviathan to use against one enemy

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
Other than my balance wizard i ALWAYS keep a full compliment of prisms on hand. I find it easier to discard them then pray i get one.

Also i usually keep a full stack of heals (pixies) no matter what level if i'm not playing either life or death for obvious reasons.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
well, i am a lvl 60 death wizard (allison deathwielder) i usually rely on a good sacrifice card, a few of each of my schools charms and wards, and three very helpful creatures. (skeletal dragon, wraith, and scarecrow. i have skeletal pirate in there, but i dont usually count it becuase it comes with an amulet that includes feint on it) so that is pretty much my deck. when i am low on health and want to heal a friend, i usually go with a satyr or 2 in my deck so i dont have to defeat myself with sacrifice. that is everything in my deck. i would also like to know what i should change in it though if anyone has suggestions they can put in a foot note after they describe their decks. well, that is pretty much it. happy dueling (took idea from friendly necromancer)

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Being Balance, I have the standard spells: Judgment, Ra, Sandstorm. Those are always there no matter what. I like to use Spectral blast against Balance enemies, and I love the Strong spells, mostly Gargantuan. A friend of mine says to not bother with the strong spells, but I can hit bosses pretty heavily with them, so they stay. I like having my Balance blades, and I like having Fortify and Amplify and Vengeance in my deck too. The way I have my deck figured, I put in the max of my favorite hit spells, and then I fill in with the blades and astral spells.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I am a grndmaster necromancer

And I have wrath and scarecrow ALWAYS in my deck and all the max copys I can put! But my second school is life. I dont use most life spells any more because they consume my power pips but I keep one satyr in my deck for emergencies.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
ok this is a tough one because i cannot remember what spell i used most frequently on my wizards that are more than a year old. So i will start with the newest ones and go backwards.

Ice- Level 45

Spells

Blizzard- I am usually fighting alone so I need a spell that will attack more than one enemy

Ice Guardian- never leaves my deck under any circumstances. I rely heavily on my minion to help me in mob fights. I wish he had more health though and cast blizard and towers as well.

Storm- level 60

Storm Lord- nice DAO that stuns and does massive damage to all enemies.

Tempest- Sometimes you desperately need a low pip spell to finish off the enemy and tempest is very good for that.

Storm zilla- does almost the same amount of damage as Triton and so I keep it just in case I am getting the dreaded white pips!

Balance- Level 60

Mander minion- I only use mander at lower levels. very helpful with shielding me and buffing. I always used mander until I reached Celestia.

Spectral Blast- relied heavily on spectral blast, I can finish one enemey in the first round with spectral blast and even at legendary I still rely on it.

RA- powerul spell that usually hit on the high side and is unblockable (except with tower shield)

Myth- Level 60

Humongo Frog- for 4 pips its stronger than my 6 pip earthquake so I use it over earthquake. I only pack earthquke for PVP.

Orthrus- don't have to worry about shields expecially if I am going second because Orthrus has a double attack with the second attack dealing the most damage. I don't have to waste a round trying to get rid of shield

Minotaur- is a life saver sometimes because sometimes i don't have time to wait for orthrus or it could cost me the match. So minotaur comes through for me.

Time of Legend- good for fights especially if my blades are playing hide-n-seek

Death- Level 60

Wraith- very handy in duels and return half of the damage as live to me.

Poison- gets the shields which gives me time to use wraith without having to worry about shields

Fire- Level 60

Efreet- almost always defeat opponent on the first strike and if not, then that 90% reduce gives me a change to use meteor to finish off the enemy

Meteor Strike- DAO that hits enemy hard for just 4 pips. Very good especially since gargantuan was introduced. Now I can defeat mobs in the first round with my high critical rating.

Link- very effective in removing shields and gives a small amount of health back to me. Especially effective in PVP.

Don't have a life wizard but I always have:

Satyr and Pixie in all my decks- everyone needs health right?

additionally, I always have cleanse charm in my diviner deck because everyone mob is spamming weakness and in pvp i don't have to worrky about a dispel or curse :)

I also use balefrost on my ice wiz because ice attacks are weak, I need all the boost i can get.

I pack blades as well for all schools, i rarly use traps because they are often wasted by wand attacks etc so I relyo n the "bubble" for my respective schools.

I rarely use the elemental blades and spirite blades simly because they cost one pip which is usually ap ower pip and most times I cannot afford a pip so I'll just go with the bubble and my school blade and maybe a trap. That usually is enough.

Community Leader
Oh Professor this is a easy one . :)
Which spells are always in my deck- Blades ,traps & attacks most of the time some type of boost for my attack.

Reason is because I want to be able to finish the battle faster so I less damage to me.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
lvl 60 sorcerer - Ra, gargatuan and judgement are always in my deck :-) along with balanceblade and a few boosts! That way I can boost up my cards well, whether i wanna hit everyone or just one enemy.

Lvl 55 diviner - Storm lord, triton along with many blades and traps. I keep blades in my deck for +30% +30% +35% and traps for +20% +25% +35% +70% and the field card for an other 25%. Along with the great critical ratio that I was able to get with the lvl 55 crafted gear, Not many enemies can stand in my way. Now I'm just waiting for levithian :-)

lvl 41 theurgist - Centaur, feint, and the hand of god healing card (forgot it's name lol). Hitting so low with life, I find feint is a must have. Getting hit harder isn't much of an issue when you have such great healing spells.

As for the rest of my characters, I usually keep every spell available in my deck (except not ALL of the secondary school's). This way I can apply different strategies to different scenarios. But since the decks are so small not much varies.

That is all, I know I can not pick a single card but no one card can make a school! It's a few of them that help you through most of your tough battles. As for cards I always keep OUT, that's a different story :-)

Defender
May 25, 2009
As a Life Wizard, I ALWAYS keep my Forest Lord in my deck. It does extreme damage to everyone, which is basically wiping out the next team (if their health is low enough) in a mere 4 Power Pips.

Have a good weekend too!
Anthony Ghosthunter, Legendary Theurgist

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
Hi professor, the spells that I always keep in deck are Ice blade/trap, elemental blade/trap, collosus, frost giant, satyr, and Balefrost.
It's all mainly for getting big hits dispite I am an Ice wizard. Collosus is for when there's one guy left and Santa if there's 2+ enemies. Satyr, of course, is for healing in a tough situation

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Well, I guess its good to start with the most obvious, reshuffle, because then you never run out of cards. speaking of which, I proved that you only need one reshuffle card in your deck by discarding all my cards exept reshuffle in a battle a weak monster rattlebones to be exact (because I diddnt want anyone running in on me and ruining the expiriment) then casting it and discarding again untill I found another reshuffle card. I only had one in my deck!

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Wraith because when i add up my gear plus all my blades and traps i can hit a clean 5,000!

hunter legendwraith level60 necromancer

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
What Spells from Balance do I rely on? Easy. There are two.

Balance Blade, of course, is the epitome of natural Blades. I often couple it with Hydra (as it boosts all three heads), Judgement, and a secondary-School Vampire (this is handy when I have low Health).

Also, Helping Hands is useful for when I immediately need a lot of Health, as well as for when I forsee a string of enemy Attacks. By stacking multiple Hands, I can guarantee myself Health.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Life:

Forest Lord
Centaur
Seraph
Rebirth
Satyr
Sprite
Pixie
Minor Blessing
Heal Charm
Life Trap, Blade, and prism
Life Prism
Fortify
Vengeance
Reshuffle

Fire:

Efreet
Dragon
Meteor Strike
Link
Fire blades, traps and prisms
Sniper
Gargantuan
Satyr
Sprite
Pixie
Heal Charm
Fortify
Vengeance

Balance:

Balance blade and Blade storm
Spirit and Elemental blades
Spirit and Elemental traps
Nova
Judgement
Spectral Blast
Hydra
Feint & Hex
Infection (pvp)
Satyr
Sprite
Pixie
Helping Hands
Heal Charm
Fortify
Vengeance

Goodness, how do I remember all of this?

Iridian, Scarlet, Rowan

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Myth: Humangofrog, Gargantuan

Life: Satyr and Centaur

Ice: Gargantuan, Wyvern, Blizzard

Balance: Spectral Blast and Hydra are in the deck i use for fighting balance and for fighting non-balance.

Death: Vampire, feint

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
I always have my pet colosuss and frost giant with me they are a big help and i can get through any quest at anytime i need to :) :D

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Level 51 diviner in celestia - lots and lots of shields with wild bolt, strong, and storm lord as well as prisms as needed. A strong boosted storm lord will kill almost everything in one round and anything left standing can be wild bolted away should good luck smile upon me (which usually happens one in three tries.)

Level 48 balance in dragonspyre - Spectral blast and judgement are my best attacks still. Which one i use depends on the situation. Non-balance get judgement and balance get spectral blast. Spectral blast is good at weakening a target and a 1-4 judgement can finish them off yet a 6 pip (3 power pip) judgement with balance blade and hex is good for over 1000hp damage.

Level 60 Necromancer in celestia - scare crow for cleaning the field or destroying tower shields as my friend almost always has a frost giant ready to go right after me or before me. Wraith for single targets or big hits on bosses and bone dragon for tower shield and death shield happy ice and life creatures.

Level 30 ice in MB - I find myself using my ice minion a lot now because he'll fight smart and blade, trap, ice shark or blade or trap ice bats which is usually faster than me using elemental blades, traps, ice wyvern. Though I usually find myself going for over frostbite ice wyvern. Though if I need prisms I usually just not use either and use my amulet wyvern to one hit the boss.

Level 46 pyromancer in dragonspyre - Helephant, phoenix, and heck hound are my favorite spells atm. I used to use immolate until I nearly defeated myself when a storm enemy used a 1 pip heck hound on me wasting my shield while i had fire blade and elemental blades up. And now that I see everyone in ds has heck hound or fire elf :(

Level 30 myth in MB - I find myself going to the nasty frog the most and then cleaning up bosses with a cyclops. Pierce is nice when I use a 1 pip move to instantly destroy a 3 pip absorb from a life enemy.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Tristan Lionheart: "I got Ra a couple of months ago. In all my time battling monsters and defending the Spiral, I've never encountered such a useful spell (besides Judgement, of course). I can't see how I ever lived without it!"
Keiran Swiftspear: "I've been taking it easy the past couple months, but I guess I'd have to go with Feint. This spell makes me wanna be a Necromancer; it gives my Life attacks that extra punch."
Valerian Stormcrafter: "I recently got Tempest, and I've had a lot of luck with it. I have to say, it's saved my storm-bringin' hide more than a few times."
Sloan Nightbringer: "I haven't been playing that long, so I'd have to say Ghoul. The spell is a lifesaver, quite literally in some cases."

Finnigan Redflame and our newest recruit, Conjurer Rowan Legendweaver, are still in training and haven't acquired their appropriate school spells yet.