Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does Saying "Good Boy" Enhance Pet Talents?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 15, 2009
Professor,

I have heard from varioius people that when a pet gives a blade or spritely, saying good boy or good girl will increase the percentage of it repeating the action during the battle or duel. Is this true?

Survivor
Nov 05, 2010
I don't really believe so, but I do it anyway. I don't think it has anything to do with it, it's just random.

Delver
May 26, 2009
Temperest wrote:
Professor,

I have heard from varioius people that when a pet gives a blade or spritely, saying good boy or good girl will increase the percentage of it repeating the action during the battle or duel. Is this true?

No. ;)

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
Maybe on some higher rank pets.. Actually i would like the answer to. ;)

Alexandria
lvl 53 Ice

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I seriously doubt it, I just say good boy or good girl because that's what you do when your pet does something right/good, right? :-P

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
no i don't think so a good reason is someone may exploit it and say good boy or girl a whole lot to advance their pet

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
So it being offered as a choice is on the same level as being able to jump?

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
I doubt it just a silly thing but it is sort of fun.

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
I think it does because a few times when i say good girl my pet uses spiritly 3-5 times

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
I'm sorry to say that this is as true as the chance of getting Treasure Cards for gifting someone a Mount is, and that chance would be 0.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I don't think it really has an impact on whether your pet uses spritely. I have seen nothing with my pets that indicate it helps.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
well an odd thing happened that makes me think so.

I was in a fight with a menu chat person and she was getting hit a lot cause for some reason wand attacks seem better than taunts

Anyways she started saying i need healing.

My pet heals

So every time she said i need healing my pet sets out a sprite or two

then it was

no
i need healing

over and over and i did not have a heal for her but i tried to kill fast so she wouldnt die

At the end she was still alive and she menu chatted "that was mean"

So now i menu chat I need healing and it usually works but at the risk of some one calling me a noob

another strange thing is when i say good girl and then wand hit she puts out a ward on the one i just hit.

IDK for sure if it helps but it doesnt hurt unless you get hurt feelings when some one calls ya noob every other fight

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
f1ng3br1ts0n wrote:
well an odd thing happened that makes me think so.

I was in a fight with a menu chat person and she was getting hit a lot cause for some reason wand attacks seem better than taunts

Anyways she started saying i need healing.

My pet heals

So every time she said i need healing my pet sets out a sprite or two

then it was

no
i need healing

over and over and i did not have a heal for her but i tried to kill fast so she wouldnt die

At the end she was still alive and she menu chatted "that was mean"

So now i menu chat I need healing and it usually works but at the risk of some one calling me a noob

another strange thing is when i say good girl and then wand hit she puts out a ward on the one i just hit.

IDK for sure if it helps but it doesnt hurt unless you get hurt feelings when some one calls ya noob every other fight

no one knows who you are, the game is for fun, so if it works do it.
as for another player asking for healing during a fight, i use the menu chat to tell them to use a heal on themself. saying "that was mean" , was uncalled for, every player is given heal cards and should know how to use them. if i jump into a fight with the intention to help/heal then i heal but if someone jumps in my fight then they should not expect anyone there to heal them.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Temperest wrote:
Professor,

No, it doesn't, but it's still fun to say ;)

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I believe that it cuts down the fizzle rate with my pets if I say good boy or girl. My myth has the christmas elf that kept fizzing quite a bit until I said good girl to her.