Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Player vs Player Message Board

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Cat Wildbreeze on Feb 4, 2019 wrote:
I just saw a Balance level 100 rating 1821 VS a Storm level 130 rating 320, How is this fair?
I have been watching pvp, I can not believe the number of
Overlords rating 1100 or above VS privates rating 500 or less
This is not a fair match, the overlord might have less health and spells (they can still use tc for those spells they dont have) , But also has way more experience. In pvp experience is the KEY.
Solution to this problem.
Have a podium for Overlords.
Why are Overlords in the rank podium, they are not RANKING, They are bringing their RATING up, while sacrificing those of us that are trying to rank.
I would love to see this happen.
I wanted to add to this:
A warlord podium would also stop the ratings from being boasted on the Leaderboard.
They may be able to boast their rank in the ranking podium, but once they are rating 1000, and having to do matches in the Warlord podium, that would stop them, might present a problem for the boasters.
Then the leaderboard will be of TRUE RATING.
I really don't see how this will not work.
If you have any thoughts on this, I would like to hear, what you think!

Survivor
May 16, 2010
@cat wild breeze I don’t think you understand how challenging it is to rank an exalt character to 1800 rank. I’m an 1800 rank fire and every match I get 130s 300-700 rank every match. You think they are at a disadvantage but they have better stats better health and better spells. What this means is the high rank balance is just better at pvp

Survivor
Nov 06, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jan 22, 2009 wrote:
Since we've introduced our new Player vs Player system, there have been questions, kudos and comments. This is the place for all of those!

Enjoy!
I have come to realize that PvP has become somewhat one sided. Now before anyone objects to my Thesis, allow to state my points. I am an ice wizard. Normally, i would take pride in my defenses and my high life and use that, along with my shields to defend and then over come my opponent in a duel. I would be a legendary tank which would enable me to properly protect my allies when strong attacks come, but as I reach lvl 130, the pinnacle of the game (where lvl is concerned) I gathered the best gears for an Ice Wizard. Even now, i have yet to meet a wizard who has more than 67% resist with 130 universal resist and more than 109% attack damage in any of the schools, even including my own. I thought that since back then, I could shield and protect my allies and myself, i could do it again. I eventually realize that ice wizards resist means little to nothing. I have yet to stand my ground against, much less win a single match since reaching 130 and getting the best gear. i also realized that the resist I take pride in is barely 10% higher than the other schools. The pierce is enough to go straight through my shields and resist without shadow Strike. I would like to make a suggestion. seeing as though storm and fire excel in damage, pierce and critical, Death and Myth excels in being an one man army, life excels in healing, all of these have been evidently clear, but what about the defense of an ice? i once fought against a storm 1v1 and in two hits, im dead. Her Attaack was over 150% and her pierce was 72% without infallible or shadow strike. Can i suggest that since the other respective schools have a distinct and clear boost in the gear related to their class, be done to the ice school as well?

Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
Survivor
Dec 22, 2019
BUFF STORM!
Storm is easily the worst school. Storm has much less health compared to all the other schools and the least accuracy. Storm can't really one shot anymore and their attacks really arn't that effective. Every battle from the beginning storm has a clear disadvantage. I think either storms health should get a huge buff, or their attacks should be made better. That way storm would actualy be the school that has most powerful attacks which would balance out their low health and accuracy.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2017
The high rank minions (Vassanji, Myth Brandon, etc.) should be un-banned. Although none of the schools need it, they would help with opponents that try to become immune to you. The minions would also further increase the strategy involved with the high level pvp matches (they would make the minion specific spells more useful). A slight stat, spell pool, AI, or pip cost change would be a fair way to integrate the minions (or a handful of minions) into pvp. Myth Brandon is far too difficult to get for it to be no pvp.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2013
didnt even realize there was pvp

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
Hi I am not sure I am in the right place. It definitely is about player vs player. I would like to know how many people think there should be a shield to -45 weakness the way Ki put a shield to dispels when they were spammed. One -45 is ok every now and again but in a 2v2 especially if in a tournament having 3 -45 along with having smoke or equivalent spammed as well is impossible to recover from. I just think it would be beneficial to have -45 weakness shields. Smoke ( or equivalent ) you can power through at times and -25 weakness you hit can still do damage if you have a blade - but with the fact that a lot of people use ward pets now when you have a -45 usually stacked with a -25 that is -70 off your hit. In meantime the other player on the spam team blades and hits I really think it is time for Ki to look into weakness shields as the same as dispell in the past spamming it is disabling opponents Thank you for listening ki. I hope you will take this into consideration If my post is in the wrong place I wish someone could let me know where to post it Thank you in advance

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
Retraction is not a way of presenting PvP. Just as 47 is not 140. Everyone has a card as it is said so in life. so as it should be in death and so on.Fair or fixed can you answer that?

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
i think pvp needs to be done for,, i was humiliated by a certain person who was doing a live stream , cutting me down for no reason ,, i joined him an his brother and then im being condemned on his live . he was calling me a liar an he made some other comments i wont say on here, but i think was very wrong, wizard pvp is suppose to be fun for all win or lose, but many of these players think they so big an bad that they cut the little person down, an i think maybe the pvp needs to just end, an if these so called people want to prove they are so good an want to live stream of battling on who is better then they need to find a new game that does live combats on a different form, wizard was suppose to be fun for all age groups an the pvp took the fun away from any one who wants to try to get new gear or battle ,, the new updates really stink , the people who are privates dont get to enhance which is a down fall for them. but still i think pvp should be done for,

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
germany67 on Apr 29, 2021 wrote:
i think pvp needs to be done for,, i was humiliated by a certain person who was doing a live stream , cutting me down for no reason ,, i joined him an his brother and then im being condemned on his live . he was calling me a liar an he made some other comments i wont say on here, but i think was very wrong, wizard pvp is suppose to be fun for all win or lose, but many of these players think they so big an bad that they cut the little person down, an i think maybe the pvp needs to just end, an if these so called people want to prove they are so good an want to live stream of battling on who is better then they need to find a new game that does live combats on a different form, wizard was suppose to be fun for all age groups an the pvp took the fun away from any one who wants to try to get new gear or battle ,, the new updates really stink , the people who are privates dont get to enhance which is a down fall for them. but still i think pvp should be done for,
If you don't like PvP, then don't do it. You don't get to take away a part of the game because you personally don't like it.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
Hello, I know a lot of people have wanted a lot of things gone for storm such as storm elf and insane bolt, etc. But every other school has a Dot except storm? I get that it doesn’t follow the school or whatever you wanna call it but I think it’s kind of unfair to completely nerf a school and not give it any benefits. As I’ve seen from many people online storm pvp is done and that insane bolt is now pointless? I understand storm has been like OP as per damage but it’s definitely not OP when it comes to PVP and especially now. Now I’m not one personally to pvp but I was considering is at some point and i hope you guys create an alternative, because I think it’s a little unfair at this point.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2011
Survivor
Sep 12, 2022
At what level do you need to be to do pvp? I am level 17 and still haven’t got the scrolls or quest to start..

Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
There is a current pvp badge bug. My 4th age warlord badge on one of my characters non-existent. I have seen many players also address this issue. Thanks

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I love playing Wiz101. My favorite is PvP. I think displaying how many times LOST is not necessary. What if KI stops displaying players LOST completelyI think more players join PvP. Displaying LOST is only the player's stress. Playing games should be FUN!