Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Player vs Player Message Board

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Since we've introduced our new Player vs Player system, there have been questions, kudos and comments. This is the place for all of those!

Enjoy!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 17, 2009
Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Is KI going to fix the PvP anytime soon like restricting it to levels 1-10, 11-20, ect or have a simular system like the non-rank pvp? Instead of this ranking system you have in place where a level 20 gets pited against a level 40 because of his rank.

You really need to let us know so we can either pick up a new MMO or accept that KI is not going to do anything about dueling situation and just live with it so we can stop making a lot of threads on the subject.

Thx

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Can someone explain to me why absorb shields don't work in PVP? As a Life Wizard it's my main defense while I try to build up pips. I'm tired of losing all the time. Thanks.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
Swim2sea wrote:
Can someone explain to me why absorb shields don't work in PVP? As a Life Wizard it's my main defense while I try to build up pips. I'm tired of losing all the time. Thanks.

Are you being attacked buy death stuff that do have convert back to health. If so it wont use the absorb. Stuff that have a tough kind of cards will use absorb broken hearts wont. Tell me what your being attacked buy i will tell you more info.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Swim2sea wrote:

i'm have a gm life and from what i can tell is that absorb works for every school but death and because it only shields you from 400 damage its pretty easy to take off

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Alright, I have a question for all those experienced PvP players out there.

I've seen many a high ranking PvPer pulling out the Elemental and Spirit shields, and they're extremely useful. I'd like to add these to my deck, and I've already got the Elemental shield from the balance tree. HOWEVER, I'm having trouble acquiring the Spirit shield.

For the record, I'm a lvl 44 Ice/Myth wizard. So, the question IS; how can I get the Spirit Shield without creating another character as Balance?

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Since we've introduced our new Player vs Player system, there have been questions, kudos and comments. This is the place for all of those!

Enjoy!

hello greyrose i have been seeing a very bad thing in the arena people ranking down i have seen more then one person with a way low rank way under -130 and have arena gear they rank down gain tickets FOR FREE and then get to fight (young wizards) or they fight with there friends that have a huge rank they win they get 30 points they dont win they lose 4 or a very low number of points this is not fair at all to anyone and there has been a lot of people playing the -1 rank bug and there is something about hitting alt and something i am not she what it will to someone told me you fizzle and i find it very odd i have fizzled 4 or 5 lords i made 96% and have seen many blades fizzle as well as spells over 100% that are not blades or traps WHY WHY WHY and i have been seeing like of people change out to steal rank from people WHEN ARE YOU GONNA FIX THIS STUFF IT SURE WOULD BE NICE I MEAN WE PAY GOOD MONEY FOR A GAME i can think of a lot that needs some work in and out of the arena when are YOU KI WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS sure would be nice to see fair fights and it would be fun to pvp really its not right now and i am sure i am not the only one that feels that way i really would like to hear back on this even if its a nope its all fine we are not gonna fix anything something is better then nothing scot deathhammer

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Enjoy!

When will the new Season start? because all information seems to lead that it should be before the end of the this year. Any information available on this because I don't seem to be able to find any records for pvp that are kept current. Any direction would be appreciated.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Enjoy!

ty for the new season thats coming soon we all have been wiating a long time i only hope there are less bugs but no matter ty

Survivor
Aug 15, 2008
Hello, this is Jacob Jade Flame.
I have ideas for new up coming spells that you would get at level 52 and level 56, if a new world and spells were created.

Level 52 Storm - Hurricane 125 damage to all enemies X Pips
Level 56 Storm- Leviathan 1100-1250 damage 8 pips, and 35% to all storm spells

Level 52 Fire- Devil 666 damage plus 345 or 3 rounds 7 pips
Level 56 Fire- Wildfire 200 damage per 3 rounds and fire blade for person who casts spell, X pips

Level 52 Myth- Cerberus 100 + 1000 damage 8 pips
Level 56 Myth- God of War 100 + 678 damage to all enemies, plus 2 round stun, 8 pips

Level 52 Life- Cupid 1000 healing to all partners 8 pips
Level 56 Life- Rhino 500 damage to all enemies plus absorb for all partners

Level 52 Ice- Freeze Wolf 895 damage 7 pips
Level 56 Ice- Naga 785 to all enemies plus tower shields for all partners

Level 52 Death-Nightmare take 250 HP on self take 900 HP from enemy 7 pips
Level 56 Death- Werewolf 95 damage per pip and 300 damage X pips

Level 52 Balance- Raptor 450 damage plus traps for all schools on enemy 7 pips
Level 56 Balance- Ancient Emperor 785 damage to all enemies plus dragon blade for all partners

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
sar82 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Enjoy!

hello greyrose i have been seeing a very bad thing in the arena people ranking down i have seen more then one person with a way low rank way under -130 and have arena gear they rank down gain tickets FOR FREE and then get to fight (young wizards) or they fight with there friends that have a huge rank they win they get 30 points they dont win they lose 4 or a very low number of points this is not fair at all to anyone and there has been a lot of people playing the -1 rank bug and there is something about hitting alt and something i am not she what it will to someone told me you fizzle and i find it very odd i have fizzled 4 or 5 lords i made 96% and have seen many blades fizzle as well as spells over 100% that are not blades or traps WHY WHY WHY and i have been seeing like of people change out to steal rank from people WHEN ARE YOU GONNA FIX THIS STUFF IT SURE WOULD BE NICE I MEAN WE PAY GOOD MONEY FOR A GAME i can think of a lot that needs some work in and out of the arena when are YOU KI WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS sure would be nice to see fair fights and it would be fun to pvp really its not right now and i am sure i am not the only one that feels that way i really would like to hear back on this even if its a nope its all fine we are not gonna fix anything something is better then nothing scot deathhammer

i agree

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
I love pvp! But lately have been having problems. Often when I log in to fight it says I have recently fled a battle and have to wait 5 minutes. But I never flee! Why does it keep saying this to me? Please help!

Also, there are still some glitches in the matching system I think. I am lvl 16 and a knight, so don't mind fighting people higher lvl than me, but grandmaster warlords? Seriously that happened to me one night 3 times in a row. That was a bit much.

Katie Spiritwalker

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Can you double the ranked matches arena tickets? cause i am always losing and getting 3 arena tickets, can you please double them to maybe like 5 or around their? that would be really nice. 8)

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
so ki its have been half a year now and you still havent reset rank and you still havent fix all the pvp bugs. lots of my friends have quit the game cause of that and i am getting annoyed too so would you just take a few hours to do that. remember most of the player like to pvp but if this bugs are not fix they might quit too and thats bad for you.

this is my opinion :P

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
HI is it just me ... or is there a problem in pvp again, My low level wizards are being put up against warlords, I wait several minutes to get into a match that is so uneven. Then last night my team mate fled. I waited to be killed off. But this morning it says I fled and have to wait to five minutes to join. Another isuue is wizards who have been beat coming back to life. There seem to be several problems with pvp that need to be fixed. I would also like to ask why minions and stuns are still allowed.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Hello,

I am becoming so dissatisfied with the way arena is being played that both myself and all my friends are wanting to quit Wizard and just go play on WOW instead. Warlords are bugging themselves to be -1 and loading up on stuns (stuns, dispell and target reduction), blades and their biggest hit spell. As you know buggin themselves to -1 gives them the first round and thereafter we just get stunned every round until we are killed.

Asking you, the game makers to give this unfair gameplay your undivided, until resolved attention is not asking that much. We pay you our money to have fair gameplay and are not even closely getting it. Sure we would could create the same manipulation to do this to others, but we see the game as it was created to be; fun and ethically earned equality for all players. There is no challenge, honor or skill associated with bug, stun and attack methods. All players should have the basic right to attack and defend in arena and we are not getting it. We have no shields, no blades, no hits. We are just there, as Kingsisle allows it to be, victims of a game that rewards those with no character. These player further terrorize us verbally as they know you are doing nothing to resolve it.

If you truly knew how many wizards you have lost and are loosing as a result of allowing this to happen any basic business person would not overlook the money you are loosing by leaving this un attended.

Plese do not ignore us and give us a reason to stay on a game we once loved very much.

Regards,

Tiger986

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
tiger986 wrote:
Hello,

I am becoming so dissatisfied with the way arena is being played that both myself and all my friends are wanting to quit Wizard and just go play on WOW instead. Warlords are bugging themselves to be -1 and loading up on stuns (stuns, dispell and target reduction), blades and their biggest hit spell. As you know buggin themselves to -1 gives them the first round and thereafter we just get stunned every round until we are killed.

Asking you, the game makers to give this unfair gameplay your undivided, until resolved attention is not asking that much. We pay you our money to have fair gameplay and are not even closely getting it. Sure we would could create the same manipulation to do this to others, but we see the game as it was created to be; fun and ethically earned equality for all players. There is no challenge, honor or skill associated with bug, stun and attack methods. All players should have the basic right to attack and defend in arena and we are not getting it. We have no shields, no blades, no hits. We are just there, as Kingsisle allows it to be, victims of a game that rewards those with no character. These player further terrorize us verbally as they know you are doing nothing to resolve it.

If you truly knew how many wizards you have lost and are loosing as a result of allowing this to happen any basic business person would not overlook the money you are loosing by leaving this un attended.

Plese do not ignore us and give us a reason to stay on a game we once loved very much.

Regards,

Tiger986
i thenk that about sums it all up and it was nice to see you got to get that post put up i am with you all the way man i have been playing less and less 4v4 and 3v3 was all i did and that was took from me so how i see it is there is noothing left in this game and if i am not playing i am not paying there lots of other games to be played ki think about that as you let the stuns go and the poor game be played

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I would like to see a varied change in the PVP system. I think each world should have a pvp arena, and each one should be different.

For example: Wizard City would be for beginner pvp. No warlords, no stuns, no treasures. Maybe even no ranked at all.

Then you move up to Krok arena, where it's school spells only, but treasures and stuns allowed.

Each world would be a little different, with the last world being no holds barred, anything goes pvp.

I think this would do a couple of things: A) it would mix it up a bit and make it exciting, and B) people would be less unhappy if they could fight in an arena that most suited their fighting tastes and abilities.

Just a thought.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Enjoy!

i would love to pvp but it wont let me cause i have no arena tickets how do i get tickets to do a ranked match ?

Administrator
gabriald wrote:

i would love to pvp but it wont let me cause i have no arena tickets how do i get tickets to do a ranked match ?

You do not need to USE arena tickets to participate in Player vs Player (PvP), you EARN arena tickets by playing Ranked PvP.

You may want to read through the Player vs Player section of the Players Guide to learn more about how to join a Ranked Match.

To create a Ranked match, simply click the Quick Join button in the tab that corresponds to the type of match in which you would like to participate.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 25, 2009
Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
i was dueling someone then all of a sudden my connection was lost? and froze up my laptop.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
i lose connection all the time on ranked matches and lose so not fair and i will never lvl pvp like that what can be done to make my game playing more enjoyable and less frustrating would suggest fixing this huge problem but have no answers on how to resolve this issue

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
dear people at wizzard101 I would like to notify you that i think i have a record breaker hit! I hit a little more than 15,000. If you need to ask a live player please ask Jared Firesword he is a friend of Marcus firecasters level 48 death. Jared Firesword is a level 50 life wizzard.

Thanks for listening to me

~Marcus Firecaster~