Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how did the world bosses once cheat?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I'm not sure where this really fits in but I'm kind of doing some research. In the grizzleheim update, the final bosses of all the worlds(lord nightshade, krokopatra, meowiarty, jade oni and malistare) all cheated kind of like the bosses in briskbreeze tower and the warehouse. although thay no longer do that I would like to have a record and know how each boss cheated, just so we dont forget. So if anyone reading this fought any final bosses during this period, I would apreciate it if you posted how that boss cheated, thank you in advance.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
marksommerville wrote:
I'm not sure where this really fits in but I'm kind of doing some research. In the grizzleheim update, the final bosses of all the worlds(lord nightshade, krokopatra, meowiarty, jade oni and malistare) all cheated kind of like the bosses in briskbreeze tower and the warehouse. although thay no longer do that I would like to have a record and know how each boss cheated, just so we dont forget. So if anyone reading this fought any final of the bosses during this period, I would apreciate it if you posted how that boss cheated, thank you in advance.

Well I don't know but I think they probably healed, or drained (stole heath), or knew the spell Spirit Armor :( .
WARNING: That was just a guess!
From,
Courtney Life, level 24, Adept theugust

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
i remember when I got to lord noghtshade/Lady BLackhope they itterupted at random times. I didn't get to Krokopatra for almost a year ( PLZ note that I lost access to wizzy101 for 8 months o so due to internet loss) so I don't know.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
What happened was sometimes the bosses would interrupt spells and cast their own spells, such as charm or ward breakers, and after a while the people at KI decided that it would be too hard for some of the players to fight against, especially some of the solo players

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Well I did some poking around and I did find out that meowiarty used to steal blades, the jade oni sumoned the other onis (war, plauge, and death) as minions, and the coven, (grizzleheim) each had an interupt that was triggered by the same thing, but that pretty much all I know.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
Well, they would interrupt duels by casting their own attacks that required no pips when you did something, cast their own charms or wards, and would summon minions to aid them.

Celestia bosses actually cheat. They are very reasonable though, and it is a good challenge, but not impossible.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Well, there are many ways bosses cheat. here are some:

1:Jotun,GH,uses satyr after wand spells
2:Meowarity,MB,used to steal blades
3:Malistaire(2009 Unbeatable), DS, used a one pip heck hound and a four pip meteor strike, both doing 750 damage
4:Cuthalla,Thunderfin,Procyon,Marcio & Narallor Guy,CL
Cuthalla: uses satyr if you use a wand spell, AND if the spell is under four pips, he tower shields.
Thunderfin: Uses Fire Power Nova doing 750 damage when spel over four pips is done.
Procyon: Uses meteor strike doing 750 damage if you heal
Marcio: NOTE: This one is a good and bad thing! He does an extra 300 damage to himself if you use wand spells, though he gets tougher every time.
Narallor Dude: Every turn he gives himself a trap, and you cant use the same school twice in a row, or he attacks BIG DAMAGE.
5:Jade Oni,MS, used to summon other Onis
6:Briskbreez tower bosses,WC,Inturrupt's

Hope this helped!
Chase Nightbreath, Level 36 Pyromancer

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I did some more research, mostly on malistare. he interupted his own turn every round to cast an extra strong meteor strike, whenever someone healed he cast a mega scarecrow, and started off the third round by summoning sylvia (an interesting thing to note was that she was a wraith on the test realm, and a ghost of her former self on the live realm) she was even weaker than a lost soul, not only did she have only 50 health (weird for a rank 8 boss) but she helped the players by giving them pips, putting weakness on malistare, and casting a global spell (bubble, this one looked exactly like power play) that gave a boost to life attacks.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
You know how if you fight Jotuns brothers in helgrind and winterdeep warrens before you go into the hall of valor you dont have to fight them there? Apperently it used to litterally be inpossible to defeat them if they all fought together or with just one brother. Whenever a trap was put on Jotun his brothers removed it, and Jotun would remove traps from his brothers. if Jotun was attacked both his brothers would cast a unicorn (rebirth didn't exist back then) valued at exactly Jotuns health. If either brother was attacked, Jotun would cast a unicorn valued at his own health.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
chloso wrote:
marksommerville wrote:
I'm not sure where this really fits in but I'm kind of doing some research. In the grizzleheim update, the final bosses of all the worlds(lord nightshade, krokopatra, meowiarty, jade oni and malistare) all cheated kind of like the bosses in briskbreeze tower and the warehouse. although thay no longer do that I would like to have a record and know how each boss cheated, just so we dont forget. So if anyone reading this fought any final of the bosses during this period, I would apreciate it if you posted how that boss cheated, thank you in advance.

Well I don't know but I think they probably healed, or drained (stole heath), or knew the spell Spirit Armor :( .
WARNING: That was just a guess!
From,
Courtney Life, level 24, Adept theugust

How is using drain spells and spirit armor cheating? even we can do that