Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Deck/Gear Ideas.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Hello everyone, I have a request for those Ice wizards out in the spiral who are pvp pros for some advice. I am Trying to get to Warlord (obviously) But my rank seems to be plateuing right now (staying at a constant set of numbers). I Cant seem to get out of the Captain rut and have only held commander for one fight. I am hoping someone can help me design a decent Ice deck for pvp that will work and any helpful suggestions.

This is my current pvp gear:

Full Celestian Snow outfit (for our ridiculous resist)
Diamond Dust Dagger
Sub Zero Signet
Blue (Ice colossus pet ((Ancient)) +69 mana and +5% power pips, I cant seem to raise a pet with spritely after 3-5 pets :-( )
Staff of legends/Rod of Rapture
Amulet of the feint (I am currently working on making the iceblade vial as it seems to be very effective from what i have seen.)

My Deck consists of this:

2x Balefrost
2x Ice Armor
7x Ice Blades
7x Frost giant
7x Snow Angel
7x Steal ward (since it seems EVERYONE now has tower shields or uses the treasure of it)
7x tower shields
5x Gargantuan
3x Treant Polymorph
4x Vengeance
5x feint
4x Elemental Blades

This Is the deck i have been using successfully for a while now but I need something to give my deck the kick it needs. To add on, i found with snow angel traps arent exactly useful because they dont do too much good on the base damage. The feints are normally used to increase snow angels Over time damage, being why they are the only trap in my deck.

Quick side note: If anyone knows a pet that genrally gets the Spell-Proof ability (boosted resist which i love to have more of ^-^) I would appreciate it. :-)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Sounds like you have a recipe for disaster! How do you ever win with a deck like that and how do you ever get what you need when you need it?

58 Gear is fine
Yes, craft the iceblade vial and then craft the ring and athame once you get a pet that casts spritely. I personally have a polar cat that gives the dragonblade +30% next attack, I hatched him with a sea dragon and got a new polar cat with the talents of Pips, Sure Shot, Spell Proof, and Spritely.

Now, once you have the gear, now we can work on spells.
5 or 6 IceBlades will do
5 or 6 Tower Shields will do
4 or 5 Elemental Blades will do
3 FrostBite
2 Colossus
2 Frost Giant
4 Snow Angel
5 Gargantuan
3 Balefrost
3 Ice Trap
3 Feint
2 or 3 Conviction
2 or 3 Vengeance
2 or 3 Heal Spells

Treasure Deck:
4 Tower Shield
3 Ice Blades
1 Balefrost
3 Snow Angel
1 Reshuffle
2 Weakness

Use the 10 second delay to add in shields for opponent, or just add in 2 or 3 glacial shields and 2 or 3 life/myth shields, however with all the shields you have from tower and treasure towers, you should be fine.

With this setup, it makes it very easy to win because your pet will heal you and if you need to heal yourself, you do at a remarkable rate. Satyr is not needed, but cant hurt either, just way too many pips.

Heck, if you have it, I would put in 3 fire elfs in deck with mutate treasure cards to ice elf. Also Dispel life never hurts to have or Dispel Balance or even Death, however, they are useless unless you go first.