Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Maintenance & its timing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
Hi All,

Can someone please clarify how many times a week maintenance is & on what day it happens?. It seems to be random days & random amounts of times a week. Most MMO's I have played have a maintenance once a week & on the same day each week so players know in advance when it will happen. Can this please be clarified.

Also the timing of your maintenance for the Aussie player is shocking. I know the timing 3-6am US is to not inconvenience the US players but please think of your other players that do not live in the US. This timing where I live makes it 8-11pm which is prime playing time (for the adults). If you delayed it by only 2 hours making it 5-8am US which would be 10pm - 1am here that would be acceptable to players on this side of the world & shouldnt be a problem for the US players.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers from the other side of the world :-)

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
The maintance times should change so that just one time zone isn't getting effected all time I agree with you.. I like to play from 3am-6am because well it's the best time to farm, collect reagents ect- and they are always down for maintance then.. It would be nice if they would switch it up so that the people who play between 3am-6am aren't always the ones to be cut short.. How about doing it in the middle of the day once in awhile when kids are in school and parents are at work- might be a nice change once in awhile :)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My observation is that "routine" maintenance regularly occurs every Wednesday morning during the wee hours of the night in the United States (3am-5am US Central Time). I guess that makes it your Thursday night...?

There was another maintenance recently (our early Monday morning in the US) to upload the changes from Test Realm, but the ordinary maintenance day is always, reliably, our wee hours on Wednesday mornings.

I know that is an inconvenient time for others, however there is no avoiding it if all Kings Isle servers are located in the United States. From a marketing standpoint, KI is choosing to inconvenience the smallest group of players possible---the bulk of their players and subscribers are still in the US for now. In the future, if the games develops a much bigger world-wide audience, they may work out a different schedule for maintenance.

Cheers,
Freshta

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
jakehjk3 wrote:
The maintance times should change so that just one time zone isn't getting effected all time I agree with you.. I like to play from 3am-6am because well it's the best time to farm, collect reagents ect- and they are always down for maintance then.. It would be nice if they would switch it up so that the people who play between 3am-6am aren't always the ones to be cut short.. How about doing it in the middle of the day once in awhile when kids are in school and parents are at work- might be a nice change once in awhile :)

This timeline would not work either, as there are a lot of us older (retired) players that play during the day WHEN the kids are in school.

I am sure KI has the schedule the way it is for a reason, and unfortunately, we have to live with it. So consider the fact that KI's tech teams have to work those hours in order for the rest of us to enjoy it. They have enough to deal with when all the bugs crop up after the updates.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
Altira3 wrote:
Hi All,

Can someone please clarify how many times a week maintenance is & on what day it happens?. It seems to be random days & random amounts of times a week. Most MMO's I have played have a maintenance once a week & on the same day each week so players know in advance when it will happen. Can this please be clarified.

Also the timing of your maintenance for the Aussie player is shocking. I know the timing 3-6am US is to not inconvenience the US players but please think of your other players that do not live in the US. This timing where I live makes it 8-11pm which is prime playing time (for the adults). If you delayed it by only 2 hours making it 5-8am US which would be 10pm - 1am here that would be acceptable to players on this side of the world & shouldnt be a problem for the US players.

no not 5-8am thats when i play wizard101 3-6am is just fine and i hate it when poeple suggest this because i always play then my children dont they play in the afternoon, but anyway horrible idea very very very bad idea

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
well normally maintence is usually at night in there americas and normally it fall only twice a month from what i have seen unless it is after and update then they get random and sporatic

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Altira3 wrote:
Hi All,

As Hobi said, not more than twice a month. But rarely even that often. KI always puts a notice on the login page as to when they will be doing maintenance.

My guess is that they do it this way so that they can fix as many glitches on one shut down as they can so that the players are not inconvenienced more than necessary.

In all the time that I have been playing, I have never seen this game shut down more than a couple of times a month.

If you are having problems of being able to login due to what you may think is maintenance, then maybe you need to contact support to see if there is some other issue causing the problem.

The time frame in the U.S. has been as early as 1am to 6am depending on the issues to be addressed.

I am sorry you are inconvenienced with the game and understand how much you want to play. But try to be patient and contact support. They will be glad to know if there are other problems that need to be addressed but if players don't report it then they won't know about it.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
Hello!
I agree and support Altira3!
Play lately is just not possible! I'm also not from US.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday ....
"Please wait. Wizard101 is very busy right now!" or" Error Failed to connect to server"
Now is the time 21:30.
I very much hope that it will not last long! And really want me and my children enjoy the game! Thank you!