Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispel Glitch...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
For some reason, dispelled Healing spells no longer loses Pips...

If I tried to Satyr and I got dispelled, I kept my pips... When an attack spell is used, the pips are gone after a dispel.

This glitch is making Healing (Life School) unfair because they don't lose pips on heals. Not to mention it drags out PvP fights... This glitch showed up "recently" too, please check it out.

Administrator
Thanks for the report, Yingu, we're looking into this one now!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
In the recent days, I PvP again and finally got the chance to face another dispeller...

Apparantly, not ONLY dispelled heal retain Pips... All dispelled spell retain their Pips :O

Is this intended? I understand that a lot of people complained about Dispel... Maybe this is the intended fix? If so, then at least LOWER the cost of Dispel to 1 pip or 0 pip please... Dispel is virtually useless now, think about all the people who trained Dispels for PvP. Complete nerfing a spell to the ground due to noobs who can't plan ahead (such as using a 0-pip boost/shield to get rid of the dispel) is just messing up game balance.

Yes, a lot of people whine about a spell, but that doesn't mean the spell is overpowered. There's an entire world of "non-whiners" who doesn't think dispel was overpowered. It's not the 12 year old kids who will be staying power of Wizard101, it's the hardcore PvP'ers. If anything, fix issues in top level PvP, but noob PvP where they complain about everything under the sun.

Please at least lower the cost of Dispels... If a dispel cost 0-pips... Then the two Wizard basically trade turns (a dispel for a fizzle). This is not overpowered because Dispels are school-specific as opposed to Black Mantle which is -45% and NOT school-specific. As it stands now, Dispel is just a costly, school-specific Black Mantle.