Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Schools Power Pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2010
Ice school has been left behind in something i thought was kept equal between the elemental schools, Power Pips. With the new level 58 athames and rings we saw no improvement what so ever for our power pip chance where as every other school recieved improvement. Not only does our athame and ring give less than the other elemental schools, they give less than the spirit schools who's athames and rings give less than the elemental schools do becuase of the fact that their gear gives them a boost with myth as the exception. Although the life athame and ring gives 15% boost like ours there gear makes up for it, also its still an improvement from ther level 50 athame and ring dropped by the gurtok demons. The fact that ice school got left behind in pips effects going solo and fighting groups for us ice wizards.
When going solo we cant as attack as many times and at worst we get taken out. In groups some get annoyed and want to know why do you keep bladeing yourself with more and more ice blades and not attack? The answer is simple,I dont have enough pips to attack. But some wizards only see a little ice wizard contributing nothing attack wise to the battle at hand. Many times i go multiple rounds with no power pips and i also have a pip boost from my pet. Below i've shown each schools max power pip chance with that given schools best gear at level 50 and the max power pip chance possible with each given schools new celestian gear. Every school saw improvement, every school except ice that is .And also the elemental schools fire and storm were kept equal when ice did not see that boost to there pip chances.

Storm. At level 50, 70% at level 58, 82% Improvement of, 12 %
Fire. At level 50, 70% at level 58, 82% Improvement of, 12%
Ice. At level 50, 70% at level 58 , 70% Improvement of, 0%
Life. At level 50, 77% at level 58, 96% Improvement of,19%
Death. At level 50, 77% at level 58, 102% Improvememt of,25 %
Myth. At level 50, 70% at level 58, 82% Improvement of,12%
Balance.At level 50,77% at level 58, 102% Imrovement of,25%

So i was wandering if any other ice wizards have had problems with it and also if maybe kings isle could shed some light on the fact that ice recieved no improvement on there power pip chance.
And i in no way at all mean to insult kings isle's decisions for ice school, i love wizard 101 and always will, thank you for makeing such a wonderful game to play :-D

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Really? Really, really? Really, really, really?

This is your complaint?

You are trading power pips for health, duh! If you want ice to have 82% power pip chance, you can have it, you just have to give up some of your health bonus.

I am a firm supporter of ice, it's gear, and I don't see ice as overpowered or underpowered. So, be happy with what you get and think about what you have to trade in return.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
As noted, Fire and Storm need the power pip chance because they have very low health. Storm and Fire normally have 2200 - 2400 HP at level 58/60, while Ice will have 3100 - 3300 HP. Ice also has universal resist, while Fire and Storm only resist the remaining two elementals (or all three elementals, depending on what gear you choose).

So Ice should definitely NOT get the same power pip chance as Fire and Storm. They would be entirely too strong.

Survivor
May 29, 2010
I see your distaste with ice's health and defense, and i understand how you might see it that way. Everyone will always think poorly of this or that about each and every school, I've seen many different complaints, people say ice has to much health, storm has to much attack, fire's efreet puts a 90% weakness on, why should death have skeletal dragon which is on par with storms leviathan when they can attack and heal at the same time,
life heals to much, myth's earthquake takes to much away, balance's judgement is to strong and i cant defend against it, but if you took every single one of these things away there would be almost nothing that sets the schools apart except for different looking spells and some differences in the gear and that seems like it wouldn't be as much fun. Aside from all that i viewed pips as something kept equal between the elemental schools and some equality between the spirit schools with the exeption of myth who receives the same treatment the elemental schools recieve. You say ice should give up some health and we can have better pip chance, but we already give up attack, not to mention in order to keep up pip wise i sometimes give up on my best gear and use one of the athames and rings that gives 21% and has significantly less health and mana then our best 58+ gear. :? :x

Survivor
Jun 19, 2008
My first (and highest) wizard is Ice. We may not have the same attack and power pip advantages as other schools, but we do have significant strengths. I have long felt I wasn't contributing enough in battles until I learned how best to serve the group, and that's usually in defense. I always take the first position as I have WAY more HP than most. In that position I have honed my deck in a way that allows me to defend others, boost them with blades and traps, and when the time is right - attack.

It's all in how you approach the game. Frankly I think the fizzle percentage of Storm is most annoying, but that's a discussion for another day. :-)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
LightningDiamond wrote:
I see your distaste with ice's health and defense, and i understand how you might see it that way. Everyone will always think poorly of this or that about each and every school, I've seen many different complaints, people say ice has to much health, storm has to much attack, fire's efreet puts a 90% weakness on, why should death have skeletal dragon which is on par with storms leviathan when they can attack and heal at the same time,
life heals to much, myth's earthquake takes to much away, balance's judgement is to strong and i cant defend against it, but if you took every single one of these things away there would be almost nothing that sets the schools apart except for different looking spells and some differences in the gear and that seems like it wouldn't be as much fun. Aside from all that i viewed pips as something kept equal between the elemental schools and some equality between the spirit schools with the exeption of myth who receives the same treatment the elemental schools recieve. You say ice should give up some health and we can have better pip chance, but we already give up attack, not to mention in order to keep up pip wise i sometimes give up on my best gear and use one of the athames and rings that gives 21% and has significantly less health and mana then our best 58+ gear. :? :x

I personally don't have any distaste for ice, I love ice, my ice is one of my favorite characters in the game.

What I am saying, is things are done to keep the game in Balance. You can't have ice get everything. Are you forgetting that Ice is the only school that gets an IceBlade Amulet of 45%? Ice Also has much higher attack boosts than storm and fire.

So, yes, it is fair, that in order to have higher health, you have to give up pips, or in order to have the same pip chance, you have to give up some health. The Difference is not that great and you must remember, ice is the only school that is given the resist all.

People are already saying ice is way too overpowered, which I totally disagree with. Ice is exactly where they should be. All schools are very well balanced and the sooner people realize this, the better the game will be!

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
True, i noticed that too but ice does tend to have more life than others

Defender
May 27, 2010
darthjt wrote:
LightningDiamond wrote:

I personally don't have any distaste for ice, I love ice, my ice is one of my favorite characters in the game.

What I am saying, is things are done to keep the game in Balance. You can't have ice get everything. Are you forgetting that Ice is the only school that gets an IceBlade Amulet of 45%? Ice Also has much higher attack boosts than storm and fire.

So, yes, it is fair, that in order to have higher health, you have to give up pips, or in order to have the same pip chance, you have to give up some health. The Difference is not that great and you must remember, ice is the only school that is given the resist all.

People are already saying ice is way too overpowered, which I totally disagree with. Ice is exactly where they should be. All schools are very well balanced and the sooner people realize this, the better the game will be!

Actually Storm does considering the 65% Storm Damage Boost from their Lvl 58 Clothes and I find it unfair for Ice to be left behind in Power Pips, sure our school may have gotten better stuff but that doesnt not mean we should be left behind in getting Power Pips, and some may argue "well Ice gets high Resist so its fair" but its not, and truth be told Ice gets the least boosts my Ice only has 28% Ice Attack Boosts from its gear and the Blades and Traps still dont help much so I think it would be fair if Ice could get better Power Pip Percentage now. One thing I find very Unfair though(and i know this is off topic but I just can't get used to this) is Snow Angels Taunting ability, Taunt is utterly useless and I know cause I use Snow Angel a whole lot of times, and even when I used it when I used to team with a Diviner they still focused their hits on him so KI I really think you should look into this and if you can't, at least try