Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

text chat question

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 01, 2010
hi i'm probably gonna get text chat soon so if i do i have a question and i already looked a the F.A.Q and it wasn't there so yes you need to buy crowns or a membership to get text chat now here's my question does text chat get automatically disabled after a membership expires?

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Delver
Feb 01, 2010
ryanm1990 wrote:
Hi there,

https://www.wizard101.com/game/faq

"18+ Open Chat will expire when the Membership expires."

-Jasmine StarEyes
i already checked that it doesn't say the answer to my question though :P

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
How does it not answer your question? It looks to me as if it does.

-Jasmine StarEyes

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
Are you talking about open chat or just text chat? I believe you can keep text chat after your subscription expires. If you are not an adult then your parents must change the settings and validate their date of birth. Open chat, I believe, goes back to regular text chat after your subscription expires.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
ryanm1990 wrote:
How does it not answer your question? It looks to me as if it does.

-Jasmine StarEyes
i checked your link and it took me to the same place i said the F.A.Q and then you said something about open chat i was talking about text chat

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Once text chat and open chat are established on an account they stay on it forever. Text change will change to open chat once open is enabled.

For text chat you must be 13+ yrs. For those under 13 yrs, your parents must establish parental controls and buy $10 worth of crowns to be able to get it. I did that for my son when he was not yet 13 yrs.

For open chat, you must be 18+, have a valid credit card on file and purchase crowns, a one month sub, 6 month sub or yearly sub here on wizard101.com. Once you have open chat you keep it. Please see this post from Merle Ambrose for the details. https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/30290.ftl

Gift cards and gift subs come with text chat. Their use does not effect people who currently have open chat.

Megan

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
Once text chat and open chat are established on an account they stay on it forever. Text change will change to open chat once open is enabled.

For text chat you must be 13+ yrs. For those under 13 yrs, your parents must establish parental controls and buy $10 worth of crowns to be able to get it. I did that for my son when he was not yet 13 yrs.

For open chat, you must be 18+, have a valid credit card on file and purchase crowns, a one month sub, 6 month sub or yearly sub here on wizard101.com. Once you have open chat you keep it. Please see this post from Merle Ambrose for the details. https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/30290.ftl

Gift cards and gift subs come with text chat. Their use does not effect people who currently have open chat.

Megan

yeah but i can't get text chat because it is not even there to enable it or disable it :( all there is, is open chat i can't even use

justin123367 wrote:
yeah but i can't get text chat because it is not even there to enable it or disable it :( all there is, is open chat i can't even use

That's correct and there's a good reason for that.
Text Chat for players with under age 13 accounts can only be turned on by a parent/guardian over age 18. The parent/guardian must validate his/her age by buying a Membership or Crowns with a valid credit card.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.