Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sunstones, Where are They?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2010
I've been looking for sunstone and only know of a few bosses that drop them: The Trial of Spheres Bosses and the Pylon Bosses in Stormriven.
Other than that i dont know of any. I've heard some people say they found them off plants but i've yet to see someone list the specific plant.
So if anyone knows of the plant or other ways of obtaining sunstone please share! :-(

Defender
May 25, 2009
Sorry, the only way to get Sunstone is to transmute it.
Stone Block ---> Sandstone ----> Sunstone.

Anthony Ghosthunter, Legendary Theurgist

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I've been looking for sunstone and only know of a few bosses that drop them: The Trial of Spheres Bosses and the Pylon Bosses in Stormriven.
Other than that i dont know of any. I've heard some people say they found them off plants but i've yet to see someone list the specific plant.

So if anyone knows of the plant or other ways of obtaining sunstone please share!

There are three ways that I know of to obtain Sunstones.

First, you can transmute them, as PP mentioned.

Second, you can buy Sunstones in the Bazaar (for a hefty price). They go fast, so you might need to camp out and refresh often.

Finally, Sunstones can be won as drops from the following bosses:

Achaelos (Crustacean Empire)
Aqua-Bot (Science Center - street mobs)
Astraeus (Trial of the Spheres)
Big Salgio (The Chancel)
Eeglis (The Grotto)
Nuncio (Crustacean Empire)

Just working my wizard through Celestia to the end gave me enough Sunstones to complete the Grandmaster Crafter quest. If you need more for a crafting recipe, the best ways are farming the above-listed bosses and mobs (in hopes of Sunstones dropping) and using your earnings from these fights to purchase the rest.

Good luck!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
LightningDiamond wrote:
So if anyone knows of the plant or other ways of obtaining sunstone please share! :-(

I have gotten sunstones from harvesting Maelstrom Snapdragons. If you garden, I would suggest planting a few of these plants.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Survivor
May 29, 2010
Thank you all for taking the time to reply and share your knoledge on where to find sunstone. I was really stuck on where to find them and what you shared will help me on my quest for sunstone. :D

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
I myself have needed sunstone for my last grandmaster artisan badge but I did manage to do a pretty easy plan I went bought sandstone if they had it at the bazaar and if i needed more but there was non I went to look for stoneblocks and or buy stoneblocks once again from the bazaar and then transmute them into sunstone now I just need some golden pearls hahahaha hope this helps.

~Chris?IceBlade

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Happyyoshi wrote:
I myself have needed sunstone for my last grandmaster artisan badge but I did manage to do a pretty easy plan I went bought sandstone if they had it at the bazaar and if i needed more but there was non I went to look for stoneblocks and or buy stoneblocks once again from the bazaar and then transmute them into sunstone now I just need some golden pearls hahahaha hope this helps.

~Chris?IceBlade

Sunstone is dropped by Maelstrom Snapdragons and King Parsley
Golden Pearls are dropped by Evil Snow Peas, Fickle Pickles, Maelstrom Snapdragons. Or can be picked up from inside the Portico.