Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Legendary just starting on pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
:) Hi I am Patrick Soulhammer in the game a lvl 60 pyromancer and astral wizard, I have done SO much in wizards, the whole family has joined I think its a blast, the only thing I am REALLY bad at is pets . I have 99 pets in my home right now but they are all just random stuff that at the time I thought cool, or drops and friendly hatches with a friend who wanted to try. I would finally like to try mixing and hatching some of these pets for something really cool that I dont see allot of.

:D a fire walker :D

I know that level 48 pets and promotional pets will make a hybrid. I also know the hybrid I want is a fire walker, I know that I need to mix a satyr with a helephant to get that breed. I have asked around and looked up stuff and read blogs about it and I am willing to do the work but I am still just a little confused lol.

What exactly is a level 48 pet? Where do I get them, and specifically the Satyr and the Helephant lvl 48 pet? Once I have both and they have both reached adult I think I can breed my two together in the hatchery over and over until I get the fire walker but I am not sure. Any advice or help you can give would be great, and if I can help any of you let me know.

Thanks again :)

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Level 48 pets are the pets you get from your teacher. Mine is life so I have a satyr. What kind of storm pets do you have? I only have one and I am looking for more.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I just thought of two things. One, train up the pet you have the most snacks for. I did that and I am still doing that. I also have 30 pets, most are babies but I have 4 adults. My goal is to have a majority of them trained up to teen. If you have any doubles, give them to your other wizards if you have any. I do that with my doubles.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
have fun, but remember only the school pets (and 2? old ones- death hound and some special dragon) will give a mixed/hybrid pet, there is a great list availale at central, includes pictures

mixing 2 hybrids, will get you one of them back (i mixed a storm and death colossus and both got death in the hatch), a hybrid and a regular school, has many times resulted in the hybrid for both on my tries.. or you could get a school clone !

RANDOM, ROLL THE DICE, Spin The Wheel of Fortune, LOL i do feel that KI has made the chances better for the hybrids

So far i have all the Colossus, need one Helephant, and have at least 1/2 of each school's hybrids, but some dont seem to want to hatch to me LOL I also have so many parent clones it is crazy , but it is so fun to watch them

I have finally won a Sea Dragon on each account , I couldn't get it to hatch to my 2nd account so had to win it, i have 8 sea dragons on one account from trying LOL

just remember the sttributes as we train pets are where the greatset variations are - NOT in the kinds of pets we get

Kira of many Legends

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
Defender
Nov 20, 2010