Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Graphical Glitches and Other Bugs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
After the update today I have noticed that the spell effects for a number of spells will glitch when casting and there will be nothing but red squares in place of the normal textured sprites for the spell effect, though sometimes only some of the sprites show up red for a half-and-half effect.

I have confirmed with two friends that this is happening. We all have very different hardware setups and live in different locations (New York, North Carolina, and Florida) so it is likely not a file corruption or odd compatibility issue.

The spells that I have seen most affected are spectral blast (This one almost never shows up correctly), The elf spells, and the bat spells. There are likely other spells affected but those are the ones I have encountered personally.

I have also noticed that since the patch my connection to the server has been unstable. I will frequently move into doors only to have nothing happen for a few seconds, then the game tells me the area is locked and I get ported to the entrance to the area I'm in. I can also have periods where the game is unresponsive for upwards of 15 seconds before catching up to me.

I did some pathping tests and found the results were fine, around 80ms with no packet loss to the KI server, which I don't find surprising as I have no latency issues with any other application, thus it is likely not my local connection. My friends have also complained of lag issues, however I can't verify it's the same issue since we don't live nearby.

I can provide DxDiag logs of my machine and screenshots if needed.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Survivor
May 04, 2010
drakis999 wrote:
After the update today I have noticed that the spell effects for a number of spells will glitch when casting and there will be nothing but red squares in place of the normal textured sprites for the spell effect, though sometimes only some of the sprites show up red for a half-and-half effect.

I have confirmed with two friends that this is happening. We all have very different hardware setups and live in different locations (New York, North Carolina, and Florida) so it is likely not a file corruption or odd compatibility issue.

The spells that I have seen most affected are spectral blast (This one almost never shows up correctly), The elf spells, and the bat spells. There are likely other spells affected but those are the ones I have encountered personally.

I have also noticed that since the patch my connection to the server has been unstable. I will frequently move into doors only to have nothing happen for a few seconds, then the game tells me the area is locked and I get ported to the entrance to the area I'm in. I can also have periods where the game is unresponsive for upwards of 15 seconds before catching up to me.

I did some pathping tests and found the results were fine, around 80ms with no packet loss to the KI server, which I don't find surprising as I have no latency issues with any other application, thus it is likely not my local connection. My friends have also complained of lag issues, however I can't verify it's the same issue since we don't live nearby.

I can provide DxDiag logs of my machine and screenshots if needed.

same with red squares and when go to new area my mount wot come as fast i still go 40% tho this happen after the update.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
This also happens with the ice kraken, life collosus, myth rat, spectral blast, and a few other spells i dont remember right now.