Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

False reporting, this really attention

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Okay is it just me or do some people not quite comprehend what the "report" button is for? It would seem that a lot of people see it as the "I don't like this person and I want to get them into trouble" button. In my opinion, there should be a warning given before you report someone, saying exactly what the criteria for reporting is and should be. It happens far to often that I will get a friend request from, say, a level 15. If i say no, i get reported 10 seconds later and i can guess by who. This has happened at least six times. (I'm sorry, but i don't need 100 friends 45 lvls lower than me)
And then you have random reporting. This has happened to me and people i know quite a bit, and to say the least, it stinks. You will be in the commons and you and your friends will all get a report notice for absolutely no reason It kinda stinks? Could we maybe make it so that three false reports takes away your reporting ability for 30-90 days? I know that the intent of reporting is to get swearing and such out of the game, but there are more responsible players who an do the reporting on that matter. If anyone has any good ideas on this topic PLEASE share
Taryn Dragonsong
Legendary Sorcerer

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
no need for that.

if someone reported you falsely then there are consequences for that. You have nothing to worry about if you have not erred.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Yeah there are consequences, but Wizard101 Needs to make it clear on their log in page, that it's against the rules to Threaten someone with reporting.
Wizard101 spend times taking away things from us (caps, numbers, words that aren't even cusses what so ever (example i cant say abuse, see that's a fail!)....but no time at all dealing with the annoying people which by my definition are noobs...not cause they are low level but because they are truly noobs.

Example:
Some people find that if you don't do what they say, they start saying "do it or ill report you". I once won a PvP using wild bolt in round one back in the old days, and the guy kept reporting me just for that, and message screen keeps popping up telling me to behave....so am sitting there thinking..why doesn't the game just kick this noob -.-...i get it his mad and nothing will happen to me, cause he is false reporting...but doesn't take the annoyance away.

Note: This happens specially when you don't want to add them -.-

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I only report people who are doing things they really shouldn't be. I reported a guy using the "n" word. I reported a guy using language that would make a sailor blush. I reported a guy that was asking an obviously young girl for her personal info. I don't report people for rudeness, or for doing something I simply don't like. We are all human, we all do things that others don't like. Remember when we were kids and complained to mom and dad that our sibling was breathing on us? Or was touching our arm? Yeah.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Thanks for all the replies everyone :D it is nice to have a bit of peace of mind

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Just put your privacy options for friends on no.When people you want too friend just take it off so they can.It blocks the noobs if someone reports you and you did nothing wrong.They will most likely get in trouble.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Let them threaten to report you. Once they false-report you, it goes to the tech staff, who will see everything and take the appropriate action.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
a side note...

Falsely reporting some one is bad enough but if KI feels you do it too often you could lose all rights to play the game .

in simple terms by falsely reporting people you can get your self ban

Survivor
May 03, 2010
EliteKen wrote:
Yeah there are consequences, but Wizard101 Needs to make it clear on their log in page, that it's against the rules to Threaten someone with reporting.
Wizard101 spend times taking away things from us (caps, numbers, words that aren't even cusses what so ever (example i cant say abuse, see that's a fail!)....but no time at all dealing with the annoying people which by my definition are noobs...not cause they are low level but because they are truly noobs.

Example:
Some people find that if you don't do what they say, they start saying "do it or ill report you". I once won a PvP using wild bolt in round one back in the old days, and the guy kept reporting me just for that, and message screen keeps popping up telling me to behave....so am sitting there thinking..why doesn't the game just kick this noob -.-...i get it his mad and nothing will happen to me, cause he is false reporting...but doesn't take the annoyance away.

Note: This happens specially when you don't want to add them -.-

Lol I've heard of people getting reported because they chain-stunned their opponents in PvP. But if KI didn't want you doing that, they wouldn't let you, now would they?