Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hair and Name shop

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
I have plenty of friends and fellow wizards who agree that there should be a hair shop. The hair shop should include being able to change the color of your hair and style. If some people regret making there face a certain face or there skin tone looking too pale or their hair being a certain color or style they should be able to change it. I think a fair amount of money would be 500 gold for one hair change or face change or skin change. I think it should cost more money for a face or skin change because it represents who you are and you should only be able to do it once a day so it doesnt cause drama tension or imitation
changes would make wizards and charcters happy and not regret how they made there charcter if say, a style changed.
- Brooke StormStalker, Legendary Diviner

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I would really want that! When I made my charecter I wanted him to have a tan but now I think my charecters skin tone is too dark! Also my life has a silly hairstyle. It look quite good when I was questing in Wizard city but now it doesn't look so good. And my ice has a face I just really dont like and would want to change!

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I agree. Out of all of those there should at least be a hair color and style shop. I like the other ideas a lot too. :-D That would make these game more awesome.

Dakota Ghostsword Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I really love this idea! I really do regret making my face look like a mad malistare and I would also like my character's skin colour a bit lighter so KI please make a new salon in every world and I will be very sad if you don't make a salon

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
It would be very sweet to have the option of "resetting" our wizards' looks. I don't think, however, that we should be able to change the name of our wizards - those, after all, define who we are.

But the ability to change our face and hair? I'd like that.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Hair: I'd like to see that. A lot of my wizards have messed up hair, so I'd like to change that.

Skin: I think Wizard101 should stay away from skin color alterations. That's kind of a touchy subject with people, plus who would wanna change their skin color?

Face: I'm not sure about this. Although the range of facial choices are limited to begin with, our face and our name kinda define who we are.

Name: This idea is a train wreck waiting to happen. First, the notification idea isn't great cuz I can see someone with a long friends list just dismissing the load of name change notifications they get upon logging on to their wizard and then freaking out because they can't find any of their friends. Second, as I said before, your name (unique or otherwise) defines who you are; as much as I'd like to change some of my wizards' names, I don't think my friends would appreciate that. If KI ever entertained this idea (which I seriously doubt they will), it would have some ridiculous price tag, like C150,000 and you'd need to clear out your friends list.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
this would be a great idea and have hair style that would fit both male and female as well as those only for each gender.

but i can see hair change being the least expensive of the two.
and it would be a great gold sink in game as well as a crown sink too

a name change should cost a lot lot more as it is the identifier of each wizard

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
kwlchik10 wrote:
I have plenty of friends and fellow wizards who agree that there should be a hair shop. The hair shop should include being able to change the color of your hair and style. If some people regret making there face a certain face or there skin tone looking too pale or their hair being a certain color or style they should be able to change it. I think a fair amount of money would be 500 gold for one hair change or face change or skin change.
There should also be a name shop. Overtime, some people get tired of their name, for example, if your name represented what school you are, but it didnt sound good they may want to change it. To eliminate confusion of friends names on there friend list there could be a little icon next to someones name saying for example: Tyler FireSword's new name is Tyler DragonHeart. These changes would make wizards and charcters happy and not regret how they made there charcter if say, a style changed.
- Brooke StormStalker, Legendary Diviner
I 100% agree to changing hair,but changing names? What if your friend(s) remembered the name you had for a long time, and then you change name, then your friend may remove you.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
i totally agree about hair and face change. But name, i mean i would like to change my name from bradley blade to blade i w101 but then, no one would really know who i was it'd be awkward.

Bradley Blade, Legendary Pyromancer

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
This is a really good idea. Oooh you could have it in the Shopping District and call it "The Spiral Salon"! i wouldnt want to change my face (because the girl one with the lighter blue eyes is the only one worth using in my case) but I would change the white hair on my grand if i could. Oooh and their should also be an option of taking your hat off while you're there. i'm getting tired of always having to wear a hat. And if that does happen, it'd be neat if Ki could add hairstyles like a Sailor Moon one (i'd use that one if it came out -) or some other funky-ish hairstyle. plus some that are a bit more modest.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Sorry, but, KI's never going to do this. This is one of the ways KI gets money. They give you 6 characters and you can just make another character if you wanna change something.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Also, about the name thing, your friends would have to get a little text chat saying your friend, so and so, has changed their name to, so and so.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
I agree 110%! My cousin who plays this game chose the name John over his real name and now he wants to change it. You could settle the identity problem with the names by sending a tutorial tip or something. Hope they consider this.
Sean Dragonflame Level 56 Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Hair: I'd like to see that. A lot of my wizards have messed up hair, so I'd like to change that.

Skin: I think Wizard101 should stay away from skin color alterations. That's kind of a touchy subject with people, plus who would wanna change their skin color?

Face: I'm not sure about this. Although the range of facial choices are limited to begin with, our face and our name kinda define who we are.

Name: This idea is a train wreck waiting to happen. First, the notification idea isn't great cuz I can see someone with a long friends list just dismissing the load of name change notifications they get upon logging on to their wizard and then freaking out because they can't find any of their friends. Second, as I said before, your name (unique or otherwise) defines who you are; as much as I'd like to change some of my wizards' names, I don't think my friends would appreciate that. If KI ever entertained this idea (which I seriously doubt they will), it would have some ridiculous price tag, like C150,000 and you'd need to clear out your friends list.

He is right

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Well, this idea might cause some issues, like drama issues, what if people are imitating others? wouldn't that be a problem, you should reconsider this idea and think of the bad things it can cause.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
For those who say "what if your friend changed their name how would you know who they were"

2 solutions

1: they say they changed their name

2: when you open their charecter log and roll over the name a box comes up saying

example: last known as syndey firesword

if they change their appearance you roll over their charecter log picture and a box will show what they once looked like

now for impostering:

imposters should be banned

Survivor
Oct 14, 2010
I like it too turns out i keep making similiar choices in wizards and would like them to be more different

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
I absoulutley agree with you on the hair part, i mean aftera while you want i knew hair style i mean in the real world we get different hair all our life why cant wizards???

And second i kinda agree with the name but look at this your friends might not know who you are and may think you arent the same person as before i was just thinking about it, the ideas have nothing wrong with them its just you kinda have to think about the names part of the half...

Alxandria
lvl 53 Ice
P.S If you keep trying you will figure out a way to get the name part to work :-)