Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sea Dragon buyable with gold?!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 13, 2010
As Test updates become Live, among the new surprises I have seen is the amazing Sea Dragon at the Crowns Shop, now buyable with a measly 30,947 Gold. Now, I bought the darn thing in pure Crowns ($25!), and I am sure many pro Wizards spent countless hours fighting Astaeus to obtain this pet...Basically, what I want to know is, is this an intended and permanent change?

Normally I dislike denying non paying people the right to some things, but Sea Dragon is far too powerful to be worth so little in Gold. It has the best assortment of Talents of all 1st Generation Pets. At least make him worth 100,0000 or even 200,000 Gold if he must be buyable for Gold!

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Luvas wrote:
As Test updates become Live, among the new surprises I have seen is the amazing Sea Dragon at the Crowns Shop, now buyable with a measly 30,947 Gold. Now, I bought the darn thing in pure Crowns ($25!), and I am sure many pro Wizards spent countless hours fighting Astaeus to obtain this pet...Basically, what I want to know is, is this an intended and permanent change?

Normally I dislike denying non paying people the right to some things, but Sea Dragon is far too powerful to be worth so little in Gold. It has the best assortment of Talents of all 1st Generation Pets. At least make him worth 100,0000 or even 200,000 Gold if he must be buyable for Gold!

Your gold prices are too expensive, even I couldn't afford that and I bought a perm mount with gold. It should stay the price it is, lower levels wouldn't be able to buy it with the price now.

Defender
May 17, 2009
The pet is only worth how much you train it. Also, you can get the sea dragon from a hatch for that much. It is also worth a Marleybone house, or even the wizard city and the krokotopia house together. Most people at low levels cannot afford to use so much gold, compared to us celestian wizards who can rack up that much gold easily. At that level though, we have earned the sea dragon pet. It is at a fine price as it is. If it was at the max or half the max gold so little people would buy it unless they had farmed astraeus so much they gave up and snapped, buying the pet.

Devin RubySmith- 60 storm, grandmaster crafter (who just crafted the new house! WOOTNESS!)

Survivor
May 16, 2010
i just bought a sea dragon for gold earlier today went to go fight to get more gold to get another one for another character of mine crowns only again. Now you guys said it will come for gold months ago now is this going to get people kicked off or banned from buying gold, like gardening stacking or change gold price. People at Wizard 101 central like to know trend now maybe get banned from buying If you do change prices like gold pieces should not be more then 115,000 P.S. would like to know right away to eleminate confusion of the players of Wizard 101 Central Sincerely paying customer

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
If it costs more than a crowns house, no one would buy it. I managed to get one the first time (or was it the second?) I beat the big A. :) The only CL pets I don't have are the spinyfish and the turtle. Right now, I'm working on collecting all the shop pets available. Just waiting the next world to come along......

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
Looks like another PvP complaint. The sea dragon was meant to help us wizards in combat for quests. Once again, you people should stop constantly wanting things changed because of PvP! It is only a side-quest thing to do!

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
There is no gold price for the Sea Dragon in Live, it is still only available to purchase by crowns.

Luvas wrote:

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010