Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Who Are These People?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 12, 2008
In The Commons, there's a statue with these people on it, who are they? Maybe it's the founder of Wizard City? Maybe it's Professor Ambrose and his friend? I dunno, but please tell me, and I need real advice, from the professors.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i think the one you are talking about is the fountain in the Pond.

yes i want to know who they are and
what does the inscription say under them.

if it part of the wizard world history [as most statues are]
i think may be it could be worked into a small errand type quest
from Ambrose or maybe a busy work errand from Cyrus
since he is good at those.

or
Professor GreyRose could make it part of the greetings as she works closely with Ambrose.

maybe i should post this in the Lab

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
It's a commemorative statue that was created when Wizard101 had its... 10th million wizard, I believe, join.

When we hit 20 million wizards, we might get an even bigger fountain.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The inscription reads "Gratias ago vos", which is Latin for (roughly) "We thank you."

The statue is updated every time Wizard101 reaches a new milestone. The first milestone was for 1 million members, and was put in front of Merle Ambrose's house. The statue was removed, and a new statue put up in the current location for 5 million members in 2009, and it was updated for 10 million members in 2010.

The current statue looks like a male and female wizard and a pet.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
The statue in the Commons pond was there far before they hit their 10th Million wizard!

Bookshelvings wrote:
It's a commemorative statue that was created when Wizard101 had its... 10th million wizard, I believe, join.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Bookshelvings wrote:

Are you referring to the statue of the girl outside Merle's office? That would be Fiona something who was the 101st player. Stalactite meant the statue in the pond that says "Gratias Ago Vos," which means "Thank You," by the way.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
oh?
then if the fountain get bigger the pond will have to be deeper to support it

due to the volumn of water it will need to flow

guess that means we will have to learn to swim on top the water!

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I could almost swear that fountain was there a year ago when I joined. Could be wrong though. Won't say otherwise. I never claim to never be wrong.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
The fountain is from the 5 millionth member. It's been around for quite a while.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
That is what I thought. Representing the 'players' that ultimately bring life to Wizard101.