Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do you think wild bolt is useless?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
Why does everyone think the new wild bolt is just useless? Listen to the people who says with a gargantuan and the right gear it can do a great deal of damage because there is no way KI is going to switch wild bolt back! With the new Celestia gear and the critical ratings and the accuracy spells you can get there is a way for legendary wizards to make it hit most of the time! So stop complaining because the game would be just to easy for wizards who have the right gear on. I hope I made a point to you complainers because if you had your way, you would eventually get bored with the game because it is not a challenge. I like Wizard101 just the way it is because it is a challenge so I hope you people get why KI just WON'T listen to you complaining about the new wild bolt! I hope I have made a point to you and if I did, be happy with the game how it is now!

-TylerStormblood lvl 49 diviner if you want to add me tell me and I will see about a time we can meet up in the commons in which sever so be sure to leave your wizards name if you want to!

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Well, some of us aren't legendary so we can't get the best gear to make it work, and my level 45 gear only gives me 25% increase so even at master you can't make it usefull. Next, I think we get it when we are magus, so gargantuan can't help for a while either. By the way nobody was complaining anymore ! At least i haven't seen anyone complain anymore. I think people have given up and just taken it out of thier decks by now.

Amber Stormsong level 49 diviner in the grotto

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
No, you didn't make a point. All you said was with the right gear and Gargantuan, Wild Bolt will "hit most of the time". First, the fact that Wild Bolt hit most of the time is the reason Wild Bolt why changed in the first place. Second, us Diviners get Wild Bolt at the end of Marleybone, so basically you're saying we have to go through two worlds (not counting Grizzleheim), drop whatever school plan we already made with our training points, empty all our points into Sun magic, and wait until we're Lvl. 56 just so one spell can work effectively. Third, there's nothing in the world that could make this game "easy" or "boring" unless KI makes a 'SKIP TO THE END' button. Lastly, I don't know what you think about us complainers, but I love the game. I just wish they never touched Wild Bolt, especially since I never got to use it. By the way, if KI changed the spell to appease the PvP whiners, they can change it again.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
Wild Bolt as it is now isn't worthless because it won't hit. In fact, it'll hit quite a bit more than it used to. The problem is how it hits. Even if you assume that the odds are accurate, you have a 1 in 3 chance of hitting for 1000 damage, a 1 in 3 chance of hitting for 100 damage, and a 1 in 3 chance of hitting for 10 base damage. That means that the spell will hit for no more than the base damage of a quality wand attack in DS 2 out of 3 times it's successfully cast...and it costs two pips to do so. Even worse than spending two pips on the equivalent of a wand attack, however, is the fact that the spell will trigger all of your blades and traps whether it hits for 10 damage or 1000. Before, either you fizzled (and unless you sacrificed quite a bit on other stat boosts when you choose your gear, you'll fizzle most times) or you hit big. So, either your blades and traps were put to good use, or they weren't used. Now, 2 out of 3 times you cast the spell, you'll be wasting your traps and blades. Those take time to replace, which means that you end up taking extra hits. Considering Storm's low health, that's not something you can easily afford. So, for me, it's just not worth having Wild Bolt in my deck. Having said that, I still love my storm wizard, and there are plenty other great cards in its deck. Wild Bolt, however, simply will not be one that finds a place in my deck.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
No, you didn't make a point. All you said was with the right gear and Gargantuan, Wild Bolt will "hit most of the time". First, the fact that Wild Bolt hit most of the time is the reason Wild Bolt why changed in the first place. Second, us Diviners get Wild Bolt at the end of Marleybone, so basically you're saying we have to go through two worlds (not counting Grizzleheim), drop whatever school plan we already made with our training points, empty all our points into Sun magic, and wait until we're Lvl. 56 just so one spell can work effectively. Third, there's nothing in the world that could make this game "easy" or "boring" unless KI makes a 'SKIP TO THE END' button. Lastly, I don't know what you think about us complainers, but I love the game. I just wish they never touched Wild Bolt, especially since I never got to use it. By the way, if KI changed the spell to appease the PvP whiners, they can change it again.

Well said, my friend.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
I agree with cameron on this one.. by now people have just taken it out of their decks. So the card can be decent for level 58s. Unfortunately I got wild bolt as a magus wizard. So according to what you are saying, there is still no point to it for levels say 30-58. I think I will suggest this until KI responds to my posts but I think that the spell should be 70% as it is now, and then have a 90% chance of hitting approx 180 or 200 (less than bats) and a 10% at hitting 1000. That way we go back to the 10% of hitting 1000 we used to have, the spell is not overpowered and it solves the problem of equipment with high accuracy bonus and the new sun school accuracy cards :) Oh, than there's no more wasting 2 pips on 10 damage :)