Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cool Wizard Names

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2009
some more!
Steven Stone (character from Pokemon)
Hannah Spirit (British actress)
Steven Heart (character from a British TV show)

Survivor
May 22, 2010
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
I know many players have given their wizards unique names, as opposed to random names. I am trying to make a compilation of all these names, so if you have seen one that is not on this list, please reply to add it!
These first two are pretty obvious, and very common:
Taylor Swift
Luke SkyWalker
I have also seen:
Malorn AshThorn (a player, not the Death student in Ravenwood)
Talon Talon
Hunter Hunter
John Forge (a character from "Halo" lore)
Richard LionHeart (English King in 1100-1200's-ish)

I think Charles Nightstrider is a pretty cool name.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Taylor Swift (boy and girl occasionally )
Patrick Star
Luke SkyWalker
John Forge
Destiny Star (Miler Cyrus or something)
Wolf Hunter
Jonah Hex (Movie)
Malorn AshThorn
Boris TaleStaff
Richard LionHeart
Sierra Mist
Alex Rider
Fred (annoying YouTube "star")
Aaron Stone (some show from Disney XD)
Jack Frost
Artur GryphonBane

I have seen every single one of these at least once while playing.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Flint Stone :
is the name on my newest male character- lol- pretty funny huh ??

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
Moonscar01 wrote:
Taylor Swift (boy and girl occasionally -)
Patrick Star
Luke SkyWalker
John Forge
Destiny Star (Miler Cyrus or something)
Wolf Hunter
Jonah Hex (Movie)
Malorn AshThorn
Boris TaleStaff
Richard LionHeart
Sierra Mist
Alex Rider
Fred (annoying YouTube "star")
Aaron Stone (some show from Disney XD)
Jack Frost
Artur GryphonBane

I have seen every single one of these at least once while playing.

I just saw someone named Jack Hammer (a jackhammer)

Also, I wonder if anyone has a Crabling named Sebastian? (Little Mermaid)

Survivor
May 23, 2009
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
I know many players have given their wizards unique names, as opposed to random names. I am trying to make a compilation of all these names, so if you have seen one that is not on this list, please reply to add it!
These first two are pretty obvious, and very common:
Taylor Swift
Luke SkyWalker
I have also seen:
Malorn AshThorn (a player, not the Death student in Ravenwood)
Talon Talon
Hunter Hunter
John Forge (a character from "Halo" lore)
Richard LionHeart (English King in 1100-1200's-ish)

You want to hear a unique name? I am the only wizard I see with this name. Here it is: Justin SandFlame.
Strangely, SandFlame doesn't fit well. I'm not a balance wizard (Sand) nor am I a fire wizard (Flame). I'm an Ice Wizard!

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
Rustaraptor wrote:
Okay to start a feel that hunter wolf kane and Justin are the way overused boy names, thats why i picked a name that like no one uses. Cody! I picked this because if i ever had to change my name it would be to Cody. My surname in the game (lol rime ) is Deathfriend ( try guessing which school i am ) I picked this because it seemed like a good name for a necromancer. The thing i like about cody is that you rarely see someone named Cody. Sometimes i see a taylor swift walking around or a luke skywalker and i am a bit glad i didnt choose a name that is already someone else. Who no's there might be a Cody Deathfrend that everybody copies. Cody Deathfriend lvl 53 necromancer Master of Death

i chose that name :-o but my last name is mooncoin. i didn't know anything about the game two years ago. i wanted to storm when i was fire, completely wasting my first 4 training points :l dang i want those back so i can train in ice....

OK, i named my death wizard something like chase shadowblood, i don't remember his last name :P

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
i've seen Brittany Spear.

i wish "feather" and "weather" could be added to middle and last names of wizard names. i am dying to make a wizard named heather featherweather

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Survivor
May 02, 2009
My brother named his wizard Arron Windbreaker

We all had a good laugh out of that one!

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
cdkcar wrote:
My brother named his wizard Arron Windbreaker

We all had a good laugh out of that one!

Hahaha, I didn't know that was a possible surname! It's just about as funny as any surname with "pants" in it, "GiantPants" is one of my favorites. Then I've seen people with just "Pants" as their surname. :-)

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
Survivor
May 04, 2009
these names are cool
i didnt put a last name on my wizard because i just wanted the first name at the time but heres my wizards first and last name
Megan Wolfblade

here are some names that i've seen around

Amber Rosepetle

Scot Lifemender

Scarlet Lotus

Jack Frost

Daniel moonsword

these are the names i think are cool and my wizards name i think is cool too

Megan
master of fire
~if it isnt fire it isnt fun~

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Defender
May 31, 2009
Mine is just Sabrina :P But I have seen some characters with funny names...

taylor Swift
Patrick Star
Jack Frost
Aaron Stone
Jonah Hex
Luke Skywalker
Fallon pants (lol and I asked if they sagged their pants and they said yea)
Anyone with the name 'Giantpants'
Hunter Earth (sounds like mother earth kinda lol)
And, Wolf Hunter

I have one named Emma Stone, too! xD She's Myth, and my fave :D

Amy Ashthorn is another... (death wiz)

Taryn Drake is my Life Wiz

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge
Author of The Chosen Three fanfic

~See you in the Spiral!~

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I saw Brahm Dragonrider

I didn't get at first but then I saw it.

The guy from Eragon he is in the movie, But the book is still the best xD

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i decided to give my wizards only one name

so i am Rowan legendary Pyromancer my main wizard
and the younger sibling wizard are
rowan aka blaky death student and
Ronan the balance boy

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
there's also Flint Stone and i think someone with the last name Windbreaker is pretty funny XD

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Andrew (very creative), Jacob shadowshade, Malorn ravenleaf, Fred earthhammer, Duncan ashspear, and another Jacob shadowshade

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
One of my characters names is Scarlet Rosepetal
Otherwise my Patriotic Leprechaun has a very ironic name, King George :D

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
jakehjk3 wrote:
Flint Stone :

That's a good one... I never thought of that, though I've also seen a few John Smiths and have been searching everywhere for a Blake Stone; the kids won't get this, though some of the older players might. :-P

My take on some common wizarding names, other than my own (at least the ones I can remember):

LOVE: Sestiva, Cassandra, Scarlet, Erin, Lenora, Valerian, Joshua, Amy, Iridian, and Tavia

LIKE: Catherine, Brittany, Aaron, Angela, Tara, Matthew, Erik, Anna, Llewella, Duncan, Jared, Alex, Ryan, Patrick, Nora, Miranda, Corwin.

EH: Fallon, Jose, Tarlac, Morgrim

DISLIKE: Myrna, Malorn, Hunter, Kymma, Valkoor, Luis, Digby, Carlos (this was the annoying kid who badgered me to no end and forced me to delete him).

REALLY DISLIKE: Taylor Swift, Luke Skywalker, Wolf anything (a good friend of mine is called that, and it suits him- he is the exception to this rule).

On another board, someone said, "though there are many Wolfs, there are just as many Hunters", at which I laughed so hard that I fell off of my chair. :-P Also, props to the person who suggested Finnigan Fairyfriend and Helga Ogrebreath... I shall slowly laugh myself to death now. :-P

I also agree that, with the exception of Balance, the name should fit the school. Like, if you're a Life wiz called Amanda Mythflame, or a Death called Jason Rainbowcoin, there should be a good reason for it (FYI: I don't know anyone with these names- I made them up on the spot).

See you in the Spiral!

Laura (my real name) Shadowsong,
Level 60 Balance/the awesome sauce-erer. :-)

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:
Flint Stone :

That's a good one... I never thought of that, though I've also seen a few John Smiths and have been searching everywhere for a Blake Stone; the kids won't get this, though some of the older players might. :P

My take on some common wizarding names, other than my own (at least the ones I can remember):

LOVE: Sestiva, Cassandra, Scarlet, Erin, Lenora, Valerian, Joshua, Amy, Iridian, and Tavia

LIKE: Catherine, Brittany, Aaron, Angela, Tara, Matthew, Erik, Anna, Llewella, Duncan, Jared, Alex, Ryan, Patrick, Nora, Miranda, Corwin.

EH: Fallon, Jose, Tarlac, Morgrim

DISLIKE: Myrna, Malorn, Hunter, Kymma, Valkoor, Luis, Digby, Carlos (this was the annoying kid who badgered me to no end and forced me to delete him).

REALLY DISLIKE: Taylor Swift, Luke Skywalker, Wolf anything (a good friend of mine is called that, and it suits him- he is the exception to this rule).

On another board, someone said, "though there are many Wolfs, there are just as many Hunters", at which I laughed so hard that I fell off of my chair. :P Also, props to the person who suggested Finnigan Fairyfriend and Helga Ogrebreath... I shall slowly laugh myself to death now. :P

I also agree that, with the exception of Balance, the name should fit the school. Like, if you're a Life wiz called Amanda Mythflame, or a Death called Jason Rainbowcoin, there should be a good reason for it (FYI: I don't know anyone with these names- I made them up on the spot).

See you in the Spiral!

Laura (my real name) Shadowsong,
Level 60 Balance/the awesome sauce-erer. :)

Don't like Taylor Swift? I made a boy named Taylor Swift!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
eggywig wrote:
Don't like Taylor Swift? I made a boy named Taylor Swift!

Not particularly, but only because every other wizard I run into is called that. It's a lot less common for a boy, mind, but I'm still not a fan.

My boyfriend quit w101 a few months ago, and I took over the account when he stopped playing- on that one, I created two wizards called Blake Stone and Cheryl Blossom. Comic-book readers or gamers who grew up in the 80s and early 90s probably know who both of those characters are. :)

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Well one of the names that i really like is "Destiny" because it helps you become determine. Like you actually want to beat the game and "save the spiral". Lol That is why the majority of my wizards have Destiny as their first name. :D
-Destiny "Level 60 Pyromancer"

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011