Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

warlord deck discussion? (Myth warlord)

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I've been a myth warlord for a very long time. Long before celestia. I've even helped a couple of private wizards from other schools make it to captain and commander. But now I wanted to ask for some warlord only tips for myth, if there are any warlord myth actually on these forums. I wanted to break the thread in 3 parts.
First my spell list, which I would love some critique for.
Second I would show my peak rank score in PvP
then I would toss out obstacles that seem to be giving me the most trouble:

Spell list and deck Treasure Deck (5 cards max for all spells, 55 spells)
Main section
5 Towers 4 weakness
3 pixie 2 sprite
1 Satyr 2 fortify
2 conviction
4 monstrous
3 myth blade
2 spirit blade
4 Time of Legend
2 troll minion (for traps)
3 Cyclops minion (for blades, pips and other support it can give)
1 Reshuffle
3 Infection
3 cleanse ward
3 Minotaur 1 Orthrus
2 Humungofrog 3 Earthquake
4 Medusa

Treasure Cards:
Barely anything.

If I'm certain I am facing:

Storm, I remove some weakness and some minions and add in 4 volcanic shields
Ice: I remove 3 of my 5 towers and add in my snow shields. I remove towers so they cant steal them. It wont affect my offense if they steal my snow shields because none of my hits are ice.
Life/death: I stuff in my life/death shields. About 3,
Myth: I sneak in myth dispels

Amulet: Jewel of the Feint
Wand: The strongest life wand

Rank score:
My peak rank score was 1240. After that, I don't know how but I took a nose dive. It was so bad when my friends saw me they would ask the worst question ever, "Did you rank down" Oh I just wanted to crawl under a rock when they asked me that. My rank dropped from 1240 to 950.

Now my warlord rank hovers between 1080 and 960. Which is why I have this thread here. I'm just a beaten and bruised warlord looking to get back on his feet.

About my empty treasure card section: I didn't need them! My deck was so efficient I was winning 3 of every 4 matches. Sometimes 4 of 5. I didn't need the treasure cards.

Where I seem to be struggling:
This is not a complaint area, this is only a personal observation of my weaknesses in the duels now. If you cant help but be rude and sarcastic then I wont help but ignore you

1: Minions are being defeated with greater ease. Thanks to the new celestia gear, my minions are being destroyed. The new attack boosts and spells like monstrous and gargantuan make it easy for certain schools to dish out crazy damage with lower level attack all spells like balances windstorm and even ices blizzard spell, I do what I can to weakness my opponent to soften the blow my cyclops takes but doesn't always help. And the new legendary attack all spells are also greatly affecting the performance of my minions, like snow angel. I'm still holding on to my minions though. They can help so much when they are not targeted. Trying to work my way around this

2: Infection is becoming less useful to me. As a non death wizard, infection is all I have. But with the new boosts to ingoing/outgoing health with the new rings and amulets, infection is becoming less and less useful. Especially thanks to the critical feature of the game. I'm thinking about life dispels now.

3: Monstrous and Gargantuan, I use these too. They definitely help my minotaur spell. The challenge now is how to overcome the gargantuan/monstrous lightning bats. Given storms new attack boost at near 70% those nasty little things are hitting me for 700 damage per power pip. It doesn't matter if I have 8 shields in my deck, if they don't show I'm in for big trouble. I tend to carry 2 storm dispel cards in my treasure deck. But the low cost of the attack spells means the dispel hardly slows down storm.

4: A couple of ice students have taken to using multiple treasure stacks on blades. This is tricky. I've even managed to earth 2 blades off one wizard but they just kept blading. So I used a weakness stack, 25% and 30%. But there were so many blades on him, when snow angel was cast I was hit for 650 per turn. Tricky.

5: Damage over time legendary spells. They are really making it impossible to shield properly now. Thanks to fortify and weakness I manage to defend some. But it isn't always enough against some shots.

I guess the challenges in these seem to revolve around the enchantments and criticals.

How are other myth warlords doing? Has anyone overcome some of these obstacles, or do you share some of them?

I like the challenge, so I continue to torture myself in rank even though I already have grabbed just about everything.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2009
Ok, no offence, but when I saw this and read it I laughed. Not trying to be rude i any way, but I don't really know any warlord who hasn't used tips from Wizard101central.com

Go there, go to forums, scroll down to pvp guides for myth and look at some tips there.

Defender
May 17, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
I've been a myth warlord for a very long time. Long before celestia. I've even helped a couple of private wizards from other schools make it to captain and commander. But now I wanted to ask for some warlord only tips for myth, if there are any warlord myth actually on these forums. I wanted to break the thread in 3 parts.
First my spell list, which I would love some critique for.
Second I would show my peak rank score in PvP
then I would toss out obstacles that seem to be giving me the most trouble:

Spell list and deck Treasure Deck (5 cards max for all spells, 55 spells)
Main section
5 Towers 4 weakness
3 pixie 2 sprite
1 Satyr 2 fortify
2 conviction
4 monstrous
3 myth blade
2 spirit blade
4 Time of Legend
2 troll minion (for traps)
3 Cyclops minion (for blades, pips and other support it can give)
1 Reshuffle
3 Infection
3 cleanse ward
3 Minotaur 1 Orthrus
2 Humungofrog 3 Earthquake
4 Medusa

Treasure Cards:
Barely anything.

If I'm certain I am facing:

Storm, I remove some weakness and some minions and add in 4 volcanic shields
Ice: I remove 3 of my 5 towers and add in my snow shields. I remove towers so they cant steal them. It wont affect my offense if they steal my snow shields because none of my hits are ice.
Life/death: I stuff in my life/death shields. About 3,
Myth: I sneak in myth dispels

Amulet: Jewel of the Feint
Wand: The strongest life wand

Rank score:
My peak rank score was 1240. After that, I don't know how but I took a nose dive. It was so bad when my friends saw me they would ask the worst question ever, "Did you rank down" Oh I just wanted to crawl under a rock when they asked me that. My rank dropped from 1240 to 950.

Now my warlord rank hovers between 1080 and 960. Which is why I have this thread here. I'm just a beaten and bruised warlord looking to get back on his feet.

About my empty treasure card section: I didn't need them! My deck was so efficient I was winning 3 of every 4 matches. Sometimes 4 of 5. I didn't need the treasure cards.

Where I seem to be struggling:
This is not a complaint area, this is only a personal observation of my weaknesses in the duels now. If you cant help but be rude and sarcastic then I wont help but ignore you

1: Minions are being defeated with greater ease. Thanks to the new celestia gear, my minions are being destroyed. The new attack boosts and spells like monstrous and gargantuan make it easy for certain schools to dish out crazy damage with lower level attack all spells like balances windstorm and even ices blizzard spell, I do what I can to weakness my opponent to soften the blow my cyclops takes but doesn't always help. And the new legendary attack all spells are also greatly affecting the performance of my minions, like snow angel. I'm still holding on to my minions though. They can help so much when they are not targeted. Trying to work my way around this

2: Infection is becoming less useful to me. As a non death wizard, infection is all I have. But with the new boosts to ingoing/outgoing health with the new rings and amulets, infection is becoming less and less useful. Especially thanks to the critical feature of the game. I'm thinking about life dispels now.

3: Monstrous and Gargantuan, I use these too. They definitely help my minotaur spell. The challenge now is how to overcome the gargantuan/monstrous lightning bats. Given storms new attack boost at near 70% those nasty little things are hitting me for 700 damage per power pip. It doesn't matter if I have 8 shields in my deck, if they don't show I'm in for big trouble. I tend to carry 2 storm dispel cards in my treasure deck. But the low cost of the attack spells means the dispel hardly slows down storm.

4: A couple of ice students have taken to using multiple treasure stacks on blades. This is tricky. I've even managed to earth 2 blades off one wizard but they just kept blading. So I used a weakness stack, 25% and 30%. But there were so many blades on him, when snow angel was cast I was hit for 650 per turn. Tricky.

5: Damage over time legendary spells. They are really making it impossible to shield properly now. Thanks to fortify and weakness I manage to defend some. But it isn't always enough against some shots.

I guess the challenges in these seem to revolve around the enchantments and criticals.

How are other myth warlords doing? Has anyone overcome some of these obstacles, or do you share some of them?

I like the challenge, so I continue to torture myself in rank even though I already have grabbed just about everything.

I will try to help you, even though I am not myth.

1. Make sure you have the shield minion cards and sacrifice minion for ____ cards. If you want to keep him alive, shield him. If you notice he will probably die the next turn, sacrifice him for something good, then put up another.

2. Hmm. The best I can think of is infection/doom and gloom treasure cards

3. Keep shielding until you can use medusa. Then, you hit them with it. That way you can put up more shields and prepare for orthrus or another medusa.

4. If they put up so many blades, use Medusa, then the next turn use Earthquake, or if you don't have enough pips use a blade, then Earthquake the next turn. Just remember to only Medusa if you have enough pips to Earthquake within 2 turns.

5. One word. Dispels.

I hope you find what I have told you useful!