Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the worst spell you have?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
True to the bone, I'm just curious. To myself, the worst would be the life spell that only heals you with 65 points. You get it as a life student when you finish the Ravenwood quest. It is the first spell you obtain after the Imp. This is just an opinion. Also leave you're school you do, you're name online, and the level you are currently. I can friend you. Let's see what there is more of...

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
tsvi98 wrote:
True to the bone, I'm just curious. To myself, the worst would be the life spell that only heals you with 65 points. You get it as a life student when you finish the Ravenwood quest. It is the first spell you obtain after the Imp. This is just an opinion. Also leave you're school you do, you're name online, and the level you are currently. I can friend you. Let's see what there is more of...

Minor blessing is very, very useful. Its a 0 pip heal. Combine it with a sprite and get boosted round by round healing while you build pips for a big attack. Its really, really useful. As to the most useless spell (outside of the obvious behavior spells you learn from mortis), in my opinion, its power play. 4 pips for a field that boosts everyone, including your enemies, chance of power pips. Maybe if it was 2 pips? Even then, its usefulness is limited at the beginning and then just keeps going down as you advance in levels. I think I used it twice with my legendary balance, and was very disappointed each time.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
As I solo alot, so the spells that make no sense are the calm/taunt variety...they are useless in solo.

I play death a lot, and Doom and Gloom is worthless in the PvE envirnoment as the foes usually don't heal.

There are some others, like boosting the power pip %, that some will like, but most won't due to the high cost.

As above, I do disagree with the suggestion that a 0-pip heal is worthless. I usually carry that on my Lifers until they get a strong power pip %.

Historian
May 01, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
tsvi98 wrote:

Minor blessing is very, very useful. Its a 0 pip heal. Combine it with a sprite and get boosted round by round healing while you build pips for a big attack. Its really, really useful. As to the most useless spell (outside of the obvious behavior spells you learn from mortis), in my opinion, its power play. 4 pips for a field that boosts everyone, including your enemies, chance of power pips. Maybe if it was 2 pips? Even then, its usefulness is limited at the beginning and then just keeps going down as you advance in levels. I think I used it twice with my legendary balance, and was very disappointed each time.

i agree. i halfway wish the would change power play, instead of a global spell, auras to all friends boosting pp 45%? or something like that so you dont let your enemies get that, (same with doom and gloom, exept to all enemies )

Survivor
Oct 23, 2008
tsvi98 wrote:

The minor blessing spell is not that bad, it is useful to me.
You cannot leave the school unless yoou make another account
Please friend me, my character name is Terri Redthorn, Level 26, Life School

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
As storm, probably the summon water elemental spell. Ususally its a choice between summoning a minion that may or may not taunt my enemies from me 3 rounds later, or save the pips to kill all my enemies within 2 rounds. The minion AI is quite bad. Usually it spends many rounds casting sprite and elemental sheild on itself and the enemies havent even noticed its there.

Defender
Dec 12, 2008
tsvi98 wrote:

Minor Blessing is pretty much just to bring people back to life, if you don't like healing, life IS NOT your school. Minor Blessing can be pretty useful, besides, that's the first healing spell a life EVER LEARNS! Pretty much, unless you don't do that quest.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
The most useless spell i have..... Probably the life bat lol
It almost doesnt heal, but on the other side it heals all for over time but really its like 10+30 over 3 rounds or something. Anyway i agree with the bubble things too

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I hate Weakness with a passion. As a Sorcerer, I can safely say I've hardly ever and probably never will use this spell. Not only is it useless as to me, it's annoying that every monster and their grandma abuses this spell! It's so annoying. Also, I have to say even though I think Power Play is a very useful spell and it was constantly in my deck from the time I got it. However, my power pip chance percentage is now a power pip guarantee, so I now have no use for the spell.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
fiveos wrote:
As storm, probably the summon water elemental spell. Ususally its a choice between summoning a minion that may or may not taunt my enemies from me 3 rounds later, or save the pips to kill all my enemies within 2 rounds. The minion AI is quite bad. Usually it spends many rounds casting sprite and elemental sheild on itself and the enemies havent even noticed its there.

I agree. In fact, of all the schools (and I've had legendary wizards in all of them) the only minion that I really care for or use is balance's Helpful Mander. Yeah, he attacks some, but more often than not he's just being helpful. He blades you, shields you, gives you pips, and casts weakness and traps on the enemy. All of that is worth risking him messing up a trap or two. the problem is that the AI for our minions just doesn't get the job done. For instance, the life minion is a sprite, a healing creature. I had one up before and nearly died because the sprite kept casting imp instead of healing me. So, not only did it not help me out often enough, it kept delaying my attacks because I had to wait to lay down a feint until I knew it wasn't attacking. I've had similar problems with the minions from the other schools. At the end of the day, helpful mander imho is the only minion whose benefits outweigh its costs. That's why he's the only minion with a spot in my legendary wizard's deck.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2008
On my Death, I have never had the need to use Doom and Gloom. Enemies rarely ever heal, and if I'm in a tough spot, that'll really hurt me. I usually stay away from that and beguile. Yes, beguile, the infamous spell in PvP. Honestly, I never have any luck with beguile, and have never learned how to effectively use it XD

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Hmm. My Pyromancer's most useless/worst spell has to be the Take Power spell. It costs 1 pip to cast, and you get 3 pips from slaying your minion. Except that the Fire Elemental ALSO costs 3 pips to get, meaning that you essentially have a net loss of -1 pip - as well as wasting a turn on getting said pips. And the Fire Elemental itself isn't exactly that useful...

As for my Theurgist, I have to say, strange as it sounds, her most useless spell is Regenerate. It is costly to cast, and does healing over time (esentially making it an overpowered Sprite) - but you have already access to Satyr, who heals for nearly as much as Regenerate... And not long after you get Regenerate, you get access to the powerful Dryad spell.

So by the time you get enough of a power pip chance to make use of Regenerate, it's already outdated...

The only time I've had any use out of it, is if me or a comrade has been hit by a powerful Heck Hound - that's the only time Regenerate is of more use than the other healing spells.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
OMG the worst spell i have? It has to be the frost beetle... i only say this because im a pyromancer. I always fizzle on that card. It's an interesting question because lots of different schools, people, and levels have different opions! I say this because im only level 20... (lame i know)
-Sarah Silverstone
adept pyromancer 8)

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
tsvi98 wrote:

mine is imp i only got it by mistake

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
tsvi98 wrote:

I agree, I never use it. Power Play is something I tried for a while to get my power pips up for Judgement (bear with me I was still about lvl 38 xD) untill i realized that if i just used two power pips on it that would be two rounds to get them back, which if I had cast the ring it would mean i was already desperate to win the fight meaning... by two more rounds i would loose I:
After you get good enough gear to get a lot of power pips, this spell is USELESS. I always thought it would have been cooler to have a ring that converted every spell into damage from it's opposite school. That seems like it would fit Balance well, and would be good (and annoying ) for pvp.

Taryn Dragaonsong
Legendary Sorcerer

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
Fire elemental, All it does is use up your traps with a fire cat or a fire elf, I used him 4-5 times and was disappointed each time.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
On storm, it is now Lightning Bolt, everything else is so much more powerfull that it is not worth the chance of blowing a sword or trap for it.

On fire, its scorched, was excellent when i first got it but once dragon came i never loaded it and meteor is always in my hand.

Death, is doom and gloom, not worth it, I solo a lot and even on life bosses(mooshu) they dont heal as much as I do.

On life, there is none, really. all can have their purpose.

On Myth, all 4 minions once you get to Celestia.

On Balance, Power Play, when i first got it, it did not work and took a long time to fix. then it got useless when power pip wands came out.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
With the crafted Level 55 clothes that boosts the chance of a critical heal, the athame that boosts outgoing healing to 20%, and the ring that boosts outgoing healing by 20%, Minor Blessing can do like 200 Heal with zero pips. Nice to have when building up for a Forest Lord and working with a group. Yes Life Trap is a zero pip spell, but it might get wasted if the person in the first slot kills the monster, but that healing is always appreciated.

For my Life the most worthless spell has to be that the one that boosts everybody's accuracy by 10% and costs one pip. What a waste! Most of the time people are casting 100% spells like say Storm Blade, that don't need a boost to accuracy, and ANY spell will will activate it. You can't possibly expect everyone to cast their attack spell in the same round. You would be better off to either heal with Sprite or put a Feint on something that cast that spell.

For my Death, it has to be Doom and Gloom, followed by that spell that puts something like Weakness on all opponents.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
booga799 wrote:
tsvi98 wrote:

mine is imp i only got it by mistake

never mind :-) :) :) :) :) :-) :D

Survivor
Nov 03, 2010
lol, the worst spell i have is stun, it is absolutly usless, even as a treasure card it sucks.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
The worst spell I have is sprite. Sure it may come in handy if the enemy didn't hit hard. You heal with sprite and then the next blow from the enemy kills that person again. I would only use it in really easy battles like in Unicorn Way. Also when you have fairy ( life ) or pixie ( every other school ) its really useful to cast even with two pips but it sometimes beat sprite any day. Also another reason I sometimes use sprite is for when the enemy hits the person like 100 and I have a regular pip and 2 power pips. Using the normal pip can probably another power pip so I can cast centaur. Also I'm a legendary life so sprite is uusually the last healing spell to use.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
tsvi98 wrote:

I have a few spells I dislike a bit.

1. Imp and those 1-pip starter spells.
They are just never useful to Legendaires anymore.

2. Doom and Gloom and Power Play.
Doom and Gloom is probably only useful when you're PVPing against Life. Not many creatures heal in Questing, and most of the time the heals are something weak like Sprite.
Power Play, like someone else said, is pretty bad. It's OK (not really ever good) to use when your battling stuff in like Unicorn Way, but when you're battling a boss like Cuthalla, you're going to regret using it! It may be a useful thing to YOU, but the enemy boost is the part i don't like. Why bother if you just didn't use that power play the enemy would've pass?

3. And i don't think Minor Blessing is "bad", it gives a little more than the first round of heal from a Spirte for no pip cost. It's also the first heal spell you can really get (for Life, that is - for other schools it's Pixie) so you can heal other injured players! Sweet!

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Explorer
Dec 05, 2010
My worst spell is Storm Elemental. When I'm teetering in the face of defeat, it's absolutely useless. They have 700 health, I'm nearly defeated and it heals itself! They are SO selfish!