Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

controling your minion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
:-)I think a player should be able to control the spells minions use in fights. Also, be able to use a minion to attack a foe.

You would need extra time to choose the spells, but it would be better then watching your minion heal itself when its not needed.

Finally, I think it would be fun to be able to level your minion and get higher level spells.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
This has been up here a couple of times, twice by me. But rather the focus was more on just directing the attack. That would seem more a plausible idea versus controlling what spell the minion casts.

So far I've yet to find a wizard against the idea though.

This would help fix the issue of a minion casting a good spell on a bad target:

Giving a myth blade to a fire wizard, giving pips to himself which does nothing, etc.

Let's see what happens in the future?

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
I think they should put the right click to discard option on the spell your minion has selected, and if say its an attack ..and you dont want him to mess your traps up you just right click to disguard his spell, the minion will then choose a new spell based on the fact the player discarded his attack and would cast any non attack card they had or pass if they had none. This might be easyer to incorperate than adding total minion control.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
It is a good idea. I dont like using my minions anymore. For the reason they dont really help all the time.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I think we should have a page in our book about controlling our minions. I have a life minion and a death minion. All the minions that heal should have an option like heal the person who needs it the most. They should also be able to level up according to how many fights they're in. I would love to put an amulet and pet on them also. They should also get the cards we get.