Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question for a wizzy kid ;P

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 13, 2010
So, my question is simply how much do Blades, Traps, and Global add to attack.

Okay, if you add 35+ to a Leviathan., and your a level 60 Diviner, and +25 Trap, plus your +75 Storm Damage From Your Gear, Pet, and Ring. How much would it add? And, how much would the wards, blades, and globals add? I'm just wanting to know more to test my hits.

Thank you. :)

Explorer
Mar 04, 2009
Something that always needs to remember, buffs are stacked, not just added.
Lets say you are a diviner with a 30% boost from clothes. Stormblade:30%
Storm Trap:25% Bubble:35%

You use darkwind, then storm trap, then storm blade. You attack with wild bolt and it hits its 1000. The attack will be as follows:
1000+clothes30%=1300
1300+darkwind35%=1755
1755+blade30%=2281
2281+trap25%=2851

So, just three buffs will make for a lot of damage. Now, imagine adding feint.
2851+feint70%=4856

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
Though my husband is at work, I can still probably answer this question adequately.

What he does is not only goes with a smaller deck of cards - (using just what you need to take out the group of two/or minon and boss) But uses his calculator to tally up the totals on blades, traps, area effect vs single effect, to determine the outcome.
Gear is also added into consideration as well. Legendary School outfits that are dropped from bosses are best. However, he also has crafted an outfit for farming. The farming outfit boosts his criticals so that the bad guys 'cough up' the loot faster. The legendary outfit is what he uses when in doubt as it blocks the critical more. Wands are also another consideration as some give a power pip chance to add into the math of "how fast can I cast the spells that I have planned in my small deck". And needless to say, a smaller deck also means the cards you want are readily available to use vs discarding to find what you need now instead of three rounds from now.

I have played my wizards along side him in-game and have also gone with the same strategy. Though I lack a farming oufit for my legendary Balance as there just isn't one better than my school outfit. His wizard is Ice, so there was an outfit that came up close to what he wanted for the gear to boost.

It will also help in your calculations of damage per, to consider teaming up with someone in the Balance school. As balance wizards have the boosts that can make your spells (blade storm / balance blade / elemental or spirit blade & trap) obliterate the bad guys in a one shot. And I have to say... one shot hits to take out the bad guys are simply awesome. :-D

- Destiny Dragonbringer
level 60 Balance wizard

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
dradio1 wrote:
Something that always needs to remember, buffs are stacked, not just added.
Lets say you are a diviner with a 30% boost from clothes. Stormblade:30%
Storm Trap:25% Bubble:35%

You use darkwind, then storm trap, then storm blade. You attack with wild bolt and it hits its 1000. The attack will be as follows:
1000+clothes30%=1300
1300+darkwind35%=1755
1755+blade30%=2281
2281+trap25%=2851

So, just three buffs will make for a lot of damage. Now, imagine adding feint.
2851+feint70%=4856

Though my husband is at work, I can still probably answer this question adequately.

What he does is not only goes with a smaller deck of cards - (using just what you need to take out the group of two/or minon and boss) But uses his calculator to tally up the totals on blades, traps, area effect vs single effect, to determine the outcome.
Gear is also added into consideration as well. Legendary School outfits that are dropped from bosses are best. However, he also has crafted an outfit for farming. The farming outfit boosts his criticals so that the bad guys 'cough up' the loot faster. The legendary outfit is what he uses when in doubt as it blocks the critical more. Wands are also another consideration as some give a power pip chance to add into the math of "how fast can I cast the spells that I have planned in my small deck". And needless to say, a smaller deck also means the cards you want are readily available to use vs discarding to find what you need now instead of three rounds from now.

I have played my wizards along side him in-game and have also gone with the same strategy. Though I lack a farming oufit for my legendary Balance as there just isn't one better than my school outfit. His wizard is Ice, so there was an outfit that came up close to what he wanted for the gear to boost.

It will also help in your calculations of damage per, to consider teaming up with someone in the Balance school. As balance wizards have the boosts that can make your spells (blade storm / balance blade / elemental or spirit blade & trap) obliterate the bad guys in a one shot. And I have to say... one shot hits to take out the bad guys are simply awesome.

- Destiny Dragonbringer
level 60 Balance wizard

Thanks, you guys (and gal) for the quick response. So I can just can just get my calculator, do the math and get my answer? Wow cool. I didn't really think about that. Well I did, but didn't know it could calculate the exact hit. I though it just give me a bunch of random decimals. So thank you Desire.

Thank you also Dradio. Now I now how much Wild Bolt will do, and how much these add. To clarify, a Blade adds about 300 to a spell. But blocked by resist, about 200. A trap maybe 100. Also, a bubble adding about 400? Pretty sweet. Thanks again.