Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Taunting

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Delver
May 26, 2009
Taunting takes away the opponent's attention on your other teammates and directs it to yourself.

So, if you and your minion are facing a monster and your minion uses taunt, the monster's attention (which was on you) will be placed on your minion. It doesn't work 100% of the time, though.

I hope this makes sense and helps you hehehe

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Lizzi5093 wrote:
What does taunting do? My minotaur minion always does it...

Rachel RavenTalon
Lvl 38 Myth

It refocuses the attacks on the taunter.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Lizzi5093 wrote:
What does taunting do? My minotaur minion always does it...

Rachel RavenTalon
Lvl 38 Myth

taunting is a spell that only works on NPC's, it makes enemies target the user of the taunt spell more often than other people (like you and your minotaur for an example, your minotaur will get hit more often after it uses taunt instead of the enemies hitting you.)

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
If I recall correctly, it makes the monster want to attack the taunter - in this case, your minion - much more than before. So, basically, it's used to pull aggro away from squishy wizard onto tough minion! :D (Or, another wizard could use it as well - say, an Ice wizard, who has much more defense.)

Jonathan Ashstaff

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
it is an attempt for your minion to get the monsters to attack it, instead of you. I think it has a chance of failing. After my minion taunts the monsters usually attack me for one more round (since i guess they chose their target and spell prior to the taunt) but then they switch to their minion. I have noticed that if I do a lot of damage without killing some monster it will often switch back to me. So there is some sort of 'aggro' meter that determines what the target of monsters will be just like in most rpg games and damage is some sort of factor. I dont know the mathematical details of what effect taunt has but as long as you dont do more than about 1/3 the monster's life in damage in one round they seem to keep attacking the minion.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2008
iheartcheesypie wrote:
Taunting takes away the opponent's attention on your other teammates and directs it to yourself.

So, if you and your minion are facing a monster and your minion uses taunt, the monster's attention (which was on you) will be placed on your minion. It doesn't work 100% of the time, though.

I hope this makes sense and helps you hehehe

THANK YOU for making this post i had no idea

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
this makes my soooo excited plus im a level 24 so i have some hard quest and im having to start over and over in a duegen so im a death student so in works for me :P :P :)